Florian Thauvin

Yaron
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Elliot

Janmaat          Mbemba                    Collocini                Mbabu

Colback

Sissoko                      Wijnaldum

Perez                                                                        Thauvin

Mitrovic

Is quite clearly our strongest lineup at present. There could even be rotation between Ayoze and Sissoko as we attack down the right hand side. With Perez's movement inside create space and opportunities for Moussa to exploit.

It will never happen though as it seems McClaren is going all Boro on us (from what I remember they were horrendously rigid throughout his stint there especially in the first 18 months).

we can't keep giving him  10 minutes here and there and expect him to improve.

It really is Cabella all over again [emoji38]

Cabella got way more of a chance tbf. Thauvin has barely got a chance bar a few 5/10 minute cameos off the bench

I really don't understand what's going on with this guy. If you're going to play Mitrovic then you need someone to attach the byline and put crosses in. If you're struggling to create through the middle or with smart passing you need to put crosses in and try to cause problems that way. Maybe McClaren just can't bring himself to drop one of the others (even though we're fucking losing all the time) but even then, why give him so little time at the end of a game? How's he meant to get to grips with the league without playing in it?

Don't get me wrong, I don't think Thauvin has done much of note so far, but it's got to be worth a try.

His last cameos has been a step up since everything after the Northampton game imho. But these 3-5 min cameos is starting to get ridicolous when you think about the fact that he's praising him after each game and wount even increase the playing time.

I'm also thinking we should do better in possession, we didn't have the players for it earlier, but we do somehow now... ah well, shoulda been posted in the #McClarenOUT thread :o

Wasn't Thauvin easily our best player in that cup game against Northampton (I know, not exactly great opposition)? If our transfer strategy is to bring in promising players from abroad with the objective to sell them at a profit I completely fail to understand why we're letting a 12 million pound new signing rot on the bench when he should be getting used to the league and while other players are stinking the place out. As you say Dave, how will he ever be ready when he isn't given the pitch time to adapt? Anyway, I think the damage is already done and I suspect if the lad has any intelligence about him he'll want out at the earliest opportunity as we'll be ruining whatever is left of his career as we've done to so many others before him.

His problem is, like any creative player who has played for us since Robson, he didn't single handedly win all the games for us straight away and so can't be trusted by the coaching staff and the fans think he's a lazy, foreign shit.