Florian Thauvin

Yaron
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Stop your narrow minded s***, ffs..

Do you really think all these footballers give a s*** what you or I think of them? :lol:

McClean, Cattermole, Savage, Barton - they all must cry themselves to sleep every night like.

Funny you should say that http://www.the42.ie/mcclean-opens-up-on-abuse-2614612-Feb2016/ This is an article with James McClean from Saturday about his tough time dealing with supporter's abuse last season

Haha, really? Oh my performances were rubbish because I was so sad that everybody was shouting at me...

McClean is no shrinking violet and continues to voice his opinions, on all things, on social media, which has got him into trouble in the past.

If you're upset by criticism, you wouldn't act like he does and regularly (as your link states) voice such distasteful opinions that he knows will spark a reaction.

I'm sorry I just don't buy into it at all, I'm sure some footballers are terribly effected by it - but the majority could not give a toss.

Do you really believe the majority of players aren't in any way affected by criticism? One of the richest athletes in the world, Cristiano Ronaldo walked out of a press conference last week because he was asked a question about his lack of goals away from home

Aye, to be honest I do. Obviously, some criticism will affect anybody - but the sort of stuff Thauvin has received is not enough for him to wimp off.

How many NUFC players looked bothered by the criticism they received towards the end of last season like? How many looked terrified or scared? Or did they all just look uninterested?

Ronaldo walking out of a press conference because somebody told him he is crap away from home is pathetic, over-dramatic and a professional footballer throwing his toys out of his pram. It isn't an example of a player breaking down emotionally because they've received harsh criticism.

Maybe I'm thick skinned, but I'd happily be hated and have the lifestyle that they do - go home every day after training/matches and switch off, a bit like when I walk through the door from work and switch off and enjoy my time at home. Unfortunately, unlike these professional footballers - I don't have the option of retiring at 30 and buying myself a private island to live on away from all these nasty words.

What is your stance on footballers wages in relation to the wages received by members of the armed forces?

I couldn't care less about how much footballers earn, I'd like to see them all take a wage reduction and spread the savings across ticket prices/invest it in grassroots football and opportunities for little ones but that is about it.

My argument isn't about the size of a wage slip of a footballer, my argument is that for the wage they earn I would happily take the criticism that they receive and retire a happy man.

What is your stance on footballers wages in relation to the wages received by members of the armed forces?

I couldn't care less about how much footballers earn, I'd like to see them all take a wage reduction and spread the savings across ticket prices/invest it in grassroots football and opportunities for little ones but that is about it.

My argument isn't about the size of a wage slip of a footballer, my argument is that for the wage they earn I would happily take the criticism that they receive and retire a happy man.

Firstly you will never be put in that situation so you don't know how you would react. Secondly, not every person is the same

But you do care, because you're saying that due to their wage, they shouldn't react to criticism.

I'd like to know where the feelings vs pay packet tipping point is? Am I allowed to feel if I get £1000 a week? More? Less?

But you do care, because you're saying that due to their wage, they shouldn't react to criticism.

I'd like to know where the feelings vs pay packet tipping point is? Am I allowed to feel if I get £1000 a week? More? Less?

I'm not saying that they shouldn't react, I'm saying that I do not think a majority of footballers could care less about what supporters think of them.

As I've said, obviously some time criticism will affect players when it gets so severe such as death threats etc. But people feeling sorry for Florian Thauvin for being affected by people telling him he's rubbish at his job or Cristiano Ronaldo being told he's rubbish at his job away from home is ridiculous man :lol:

Next time I had a PDR at work, I'll just get up and leave whenever they say something I don't like. Get away, these are grown men.

The money aspect only came into the conversation as I asked why would they care when they have the resources to be able to retire at the elderly age of 25-35 and move away to enjoy the rest of their lives?

Here's one player whose career/life would probably improve by moving to China.

Aye. He's at Marseille now with a manager who doesn't want him and fans that abuse him and think he's shit, in the summer he'll be coming back here to experience the same thing again in England. Probably our only chance to get a decent fee for him as well.

Just catching-up with views on the assumed 'buffering' qualities of loads of dosh. Premiership players don't create the societal injustice/market forces which lead to the amount of money in football. It generates a lot; they earn a lot ( thanks Jimmy H-- genuinely: rather this than limited-salaried serfs to the overloads, much  rather true talent received the benefit). Although the standard banter is a version of 'oh, money doesn't make you happy, but I'd like to give its try/find out.' Anybody who thinks earning a lot of money makes you immune to depression or anxiety-related problems, or in its self gives you self-esteem and confidence, doesn't understand people very well. Thauvin or the multitude of other young men who find themselves lucky enough to be the best of the best ( and thus preyed upon by clubs, agents, family and others) aren't psychopathic robots, or fully rounded 'self-actualised' wise philosophers. They are just young men, in all their normal varieties, who are unusually good at football. Most of us have no idea of the stress of appearing in front of the world (pretty much, or the bits that are interested) in an arena where your every move is scrutinised. ( oh what about soldiers! Blah! Blah! Been one. Being able to face conflict doesn't make you immune to fearing negative evaluation by others, or feeling the glare of the spotlight burning into you, and still being expected to play your best, make the right decision, beat your man, hit the net). There will be players who couldn't care less what people think, and are laughing all the way to the bank; and to be fair, you probably need a bit if that to survive, but in the extreme I assume this is exception rather than rule. I have been disappointed by Thauvin, as many have, we had high hopes, but that doesn't prevent us feeling for the lad on a basic human level; however much he earns.

Great argument. I don't care how shit or uncommitted a player might be, there's a limit to the abuse.

Obviously we don't know how bad the 'heckling' was or if it was verbal or physical. But it sounds to me that the the abuse he's receiving has gone on to the next level.

Where should it stop?

Eh? He showed like he was putting very little effort in during his time here. f*** am I feeling sorry for him. Staggering that anyone would. Shall we all start feeling sorry for Marcelino, Christian Bassedas and Celestine Babayaro as well?

Should probably aim your anger at those who've been here years and stroll around doing nothing whilst being given chance after chance, rather than a lad who was here a couple of month and made a couple of starts and very short, brief substitute appearances.

Eh? He showed like he was putting very little effort in during his time here. f*** am I feeling sorry for him. Staggering that anyone would. Shall we all start feeling sorry for Marcelino, Christian Bassedas and Celestine Babayaro as well?

Should probably aim your anger at those who've been here years and stroll around doing nothing whilst being given chance after chance, rather than a lad who was here a couple of month and made a couple of starts and very short, brief substitute appearances.

What anger? Just because I'm not feeling sorry for him doesn't mean I feel angry towards him.

What anger? Just because I'm not feeling sorry for him doesn't mean I feel angry towards him.

Fair enough but it was the fans anger at constant years of failure and continued failure that resulted in him being made the scapegoat.

People can't use the lack of effort or the rolling around as an excuse as people like Cisse lack far more effort when they step onto the pitch and Jonas/Perez have rolled around feigning injuries without any abuse aimed in their direction.

This lad still s*** then?

Yes but he's not the worst in his team. I think he was just in the wrong place at the wrong time, it could have been any of his team mates.

On the pitch he's working hard, he's just not good.

People expect too much from him.

What was he did exactly that showed he was putting in little effort? It's like when he was subbed against Watford/West Ham sweating buckets and barely able to breath and Lee Ryder wrote that he looked lazy and dissinterested.

I'm pretty sure it's his face like.

Stupid hair too, similar to Cabella in the "look like a fanny" stakes. Who knew, burly Geordies at St. James' don't like fannies afterall.