Florian Thauvin

Yaron
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Signed according to GFN/Provence

@GFN_France: Breaking: Florian Thauvin has signed for Newcastle. (La Provence)

Still on a wind-up, sitting down about to sign his contract like :troll:

Then actually signs the contract images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSosPRxWb-NqjS_ZHLfj4jjMqWrg7WfFyiz41CGPaTaXWAaQKR9NB9WQfLI

Funny how we supposedly have too many attackers that we still can't score.

We scored 2 against Southampton and didn't even try to score against Swansea. Our defending is a much bigger problem

One from deflected cross and one from a goal which will never happen again all season, really don't think we are creating anywhere near enough chances tbh.

We scored 2 against Southampton and didn't even try to score against Swansea. Our defending is a much bigger problem

Just calm down. It's early days yet, and we've played good teams.

I for one think we will still nab a defender. If not I would be okay still. Our overall play will improve.

Even if this lad isn't brilliant, I think it's a pretty tidy signing - and a long time coming. There have been long stretches in the recent past where we've been desperate for a decent orthodox winger, just to have the option.

I know the game has changed in the last ten years, with a preference to inverted wingers and/or central players occupying the channels - which is fine. But the closest thing we've had to an out-and-out winger that wasn't average-to-terrible was Jonas between 09-11, and even then his weaknesses in that role were starting to show. Then there's Sammy and Obertan, who are both basically rubbish (again, I'm referring purely to out-and-out wingers). Other than those, we've been playing players essentially out of position. Ben Arfa obviously being the best we've had to choose from since we got promoted.

We do need a proper winger.

One from deflected cross and one from a goal which will never happen again all season, really don't think we are creating anywhere near enough chances tbh.

Thought we created quite a bit against Southampton at the time but maybe I'm remembering that badly. Still though I think this could've been improved significantly by picking a better starting team from the players we have. Its not like the choice was between signing Thauvin or a centre half though so I don't really mind the signing

Thought we created quite a bit against Southampton at the time but maybe I'm remembering that badly. Still though I think this could've been improved significantly by picking a better starting team from the players we have. Its not like the choice was between signing Thauvin or a centre half though so I don't really mind the signing

You are remembering badly. We created one other chance of note which was blocked goal bound.

Guest palnese

GFN_France

Breaking: Florian Thauvin signed for Newcastle without the agent he's under contract with & without consideration of his image rights. (1/2)

As a result, @Serguei expects legal action to be taken, presumably by the agent who was left out of the deal. More to come. (2/2)

Developments concerning another French Newcastle player coming up this evening on Get French Football News. Hmm. Gouff?

You are remembering badly. We created one other chance of note which was blocked goal bound.

Wijnaldum's shot that was blocked, Cisse's shot from just outside the box straight at the keeper, Cisse miscontrolled another time in the box after Sissoko set him up I think?

Wijnaldum's shot that was blocked, Cisse's shot from just outside the box straight at the keeper, Cisse miscontrolled another time in the box after Sissoko set him up I think?

Coloccini as well, plus 2-3 valid penalty shouts.

The two incidents you mention aren't what I would refer to as creating chances. One was a nothing shot from outside the box and the other a cross slung in which was miscontrolled and came to nothing. If you do fair enough. When I think of a team creating chances I think of us against West Ham in 95/96 when I think their keeper had to make 30-40 saves :lol:

GFN_France

Breaking: Florian Thauvin signed for Newcastle without the agent he's under contract with & without consideration of his image rights. (1/2)

As a result, @Serguei expects legal action to be taken, presumably by the agent who was left out of the deal. More to come. (2/2)

Developments concerning another French Newcastle player coming up this evening on Get French Football News. Hmm. Gouff?

My bet would be sissoko

Coloccini as well, plus 2-3 valid penalty shouts.

Don't remember Coloccini chance to be honest but none of the 2 penalty shouts were valid and would've be very harsh. When I talk about chances it having a clear shot or header inside the box. Ideally but not essentially by opening an opposing teams defence up. We haven't been able to do it for a long while now.

Dear supporter

Florian Thauvin has become Newcastle United's fifth signing of the summer, after completing a switch from Marseille.

The highly-rated 22-year-old French winger, who can also be deployed as a forward, has agreed a five-year contract on Tyneside and will wear the number 20 shirt.

As part of the deal, Remy Cabella has joined Marseille on loan until the end of the 2015/16 campaign, with an obligation to buy at the end of the season subject to certain criteria being met.

Born in the French city of Orléans, Thauvin made his professional debut for Grenoble in March 2011 before signing for Bastia.  After some impressive performances for the Corsican side – including starring in their Ligue 2 title triumph of 2012 – he moved to Lille in January 2013.

He returned to Bastia on loan for six months and in September of that year, Thauvin moved to Marseille, where he made 81 appearances over the last two seasons, scoring 15 goals.

The highly-rated international has represented France at under-18, under-19, under-20 and under-21 level, and was a key part of the Les Bleus team which lifted the 2013 FIFA Under-20 World Cup.

“I am delighted to be a Newcastle United player,” said Thauvin.  "I have come from France to a really big club and am very happy to be here.

“It is a big honour to know that Newcastle have been after me for such a long time and that they wanted me that much.  They have put their trust in me and I am looking forward to playing for the team.”

Newcastle United head coach Steve McClaren added: “Florian is a player the Club have been watching for a long time and I am delighted that we have been able to sign him.  He is a perfect signing for this Club – someone who is young, with great potential and is one of the best young players in Europe.

“He is an exciting, creative talent who can score goals and make assists, and we believe he will have a very bright future at Newcastle.”