Florian Thauvin

Yaron
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

You can great goals without getting assist. Simply by opening up play, or playing that 1 defence splitting pass before the assist, even dragging other players out can all be as crucial as the actual assist.

You can great goals without getting assist. Simply by opening up play, or playing that 1 defence splitting pass before the assist, even dragging other players out can all be as crucial as the actual assist.

Alreet professor

Alreet professor

I only hold a doctorate I'm afraid.

Alreet professor

You couldn't even hold a pen man.

Alreet professor

:lol:

Alreet professor

Alreet professor

:lol: :lol:

Fuck

Alreet professor

[emoji38]

[emoji38] [emoji38]

f***

[emoji38]

I agree that assists are pretty useless as a stat. As other have mentioned, there are plenty of ways you can creatively influence play without getting an assist.

There's also a ridiculous amount of noise involved in the statistic because it's entirely reliant on how much your teammates convert the chances you give them (and in football, conversion rates are extremely high-variance). 

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Alreet professor

[emoji38]

[emoji38] [emoji38]

f***

[emoji38]

Alreet professor

:spit:

Alreet professor

http://www.caniwhilepregnant.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Can-I-drink-Dr-Pepper-while-pregnant.jpg

Doesn't count

Alreet professor

:spit:

Still laughing.  :lol:

I've had to take a couple of mins out to explain to her why im laughing so much including a quick run down of who Stifler is  :lol:

Alreet professor

http://www.radionz.co.nz/assets/news/30024/eight_col_Billy_Bowden.jpg?1418693085

Assists have been a useless stat since Colback came along, I suppose. :laugh:

They always have been tbh, because say for example the last person to gave Hatem the ball that goal against Bolton got an assist :lol:

There's just so many variables, a lot of assists are not even directly responsible or they are set pieces which don't actually tell that you are creative or such like.

As always the only possible way is the eye test.

Really chuffed with this signing! Once they're all bedded in a little we'll have a cracking team, just hope we add another defender. We've spent some serious money this summer and I can't help but be impressed at the calibre of sgnings we've made...once our defence is sorted, we have no excuse not to have a good season despite the wonky preseason. Pretty optimistic now, just hope McClaren can gel them together :)