Florian Thauvin

Yaron
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I agree with TCD like. "But I was hoping he was a direct, pacy strong running type and early indications show that might not be the case. No biggie. can't draw any conclusions yet."

That's pretty much what I thought, including the last line, we can't draw any conclusions yet :lol:

I agree with TCD like. "But I was hoping he was a direct, pacy strong running type and early indications show that might not be the case. No biggie. can't draw any conclusions yet."

That's pretty much what I thought, including the last line, we can't draw any conclusions yet :lol:

Aye reet so let's make a statement professing an opinion while admitting we actually know 100% fuck all about him. Then agree with it. Amazing  :aww:

He didn't look rapid but he was only 1mph too slow to get on the end of a cross, having run the length of the pitch. It's not like he lost pace with Gini, who definitely looks like he has a turn of explosive pace.

My observation of his 20 odd minutes against Man U were, "excellent touch", "great feet" and "not as quick as I assumed."

Not really sure what your problem is tbh :lol:

I would agree with that. I do think people sometimes have a go at TCD without actually reading what he says because of his reputation

He didn't look rapid but he was only 1mph too slow to get on the end of a cross, having run the length of the pitch. It's not like he lost pace with Gini, who definitely looks like he has a turn of explosive pace.

It was his pace down the wing when going past Shaw that stuck out. I assumed he was in a similar vein, style wise, to Ben Arfa who would have blitzed Shaw every time as soon as he got a yard on him.

Again I'm not making any concrete judgement or out like. I've seen him play 20 odd minutes of football in my life :lol:

My observation of his 20 odd minutes against Man U were, "excellent touch", "great feet" and "not as quick as I assumed."

No problem at all actually, I agree with your appraisal and if you read my earlier posts defending Thauvin against TCD's baffling expectations, you'd know that. Not sure how you can say "not as quick as I assumed" though, what were you expecting like? Can any new player be given time to settle, find his feet and gradually show what he's he's about anymore? If every player's qualities were concluded after 20 mins, barely any fucker would make it as a player at the toon.

I've seen a rather prominent criticism of his pace in this very thread :lol:

"Not as quick as I assumed" isn't really a criticism, it is just a comment from people that hadn't seen him play before such as myself on how he was different to what they thought he would be

No problem at all actually, I agree with your appraisal and if you read my earlier posts defending Thauvin against TCD's baffling expectations, you'd know that. Not sure how you can say "not as quick as I assumed" though, what were you expecting like? Can any new player be given time to settle, find his feet and gradually show what he's he's about anymore? If every player's qualities were concluded after 20 mins, barely any fucker would make it as a player at the toon.

His qualities haven't been concluded, man.

I've seen a rather prominent criticism of his pace in this very thread :lol:

"Not as quick as I assumed" isn't really a criticism, it is just a comment from people that hadn't seen him play before such as myself on how he was different to what they thought he would be

That's a very fair comment and a lot more reasoned than "you'd expect your expensive new winger to trouble Shaw who's played for 70 mins" or whatever shite he posted. Forgetting he mugged him with basically his first touch.

No problem at all actually, I agree with your appraisal and if you read my earlier posts defending Thauvin against TCD's baffling expectations, you'd know that. Not sure how you can say "not as quick as I assumed" though, what were you expecting like? Can any new player be given time to settle, find his feet and gradually show what he's he's about anymore? If every player's qualities were concluded after 20 mins, barely any f***er would make it as a player at the toon.

His qualities haven't been concluded, man.

Just hate it when a brand new player isn't given more than 5 mins to find his feet. Seen it a thousand times. With hindsight, perhaps I overreacted slightly  :(

I think he looked mint. Direct as f*** and just what we're after.

:thup:

Didn't like losing Cabella in the deal as we never got to see what he could have done as a 10 in our team with proper coaching and a run without injury. That said, Thauvin I think will prove to be a lot more useful in our side than Cabella would have. Looking forward to seeing him develop, hope he settles and integrates well.

I've got a really good feeling about him this season tbh, it might unravel after that but right now he looks hungry and has a point to prove. Again I sort of agree with the Waddle comparisons, he's a bit awkward and keeps his head down but he's a proper footballer.

I've got a really good feeling about him this season tbh, it might unravel after that but right now he looks hungry and has a point to prove. Again I sort of agree with the Waddle comparisons, he's a bit awkward and keeps his head down but he's a proper footballer.

Watched the Man Utd game again. When he runs, he seems to "lope" a bit and he definitely likes to come inside on his left foot so the Waddle comparisons are pretty accurate. Wonder if the coaching staff might prefer him on the left side to play more as a traditional winger, time will tell. He's without a doubt different to what we've had before and if he can provide good service from either flank we're onto a winner.