Aston Villa 1 - 2 Newcastle United - 29/01/13 - Post-match relief from page 84

Dave

Ok first off he never challenged him and it was never a foul, though most of you seem to think he did so here it goes.

To be a penalty it has to be a foul inside the box that prevents a goal scoring opportunity and/or the player/ball is heading towards the goal. Agbonlahor was heading away from goal, the ball was heading away from goal, there was no goal scoring opportunity there to stop a goal scoring opportunity.

What on earth are you talking about? It was a foul in the box - penalty.

So it's ok to foul someone in the box as long as they're not going towards goal?

First I've heard of that!

For a penalty to be awarded 1 or more of these should happen.

The ball or player must be travelling/facing towards goal.

There is a goal scoring opportunity.

A deliberate hand ball.

If there is a foul in the box and non of those situations apply then it is an indirect free kick.

Ok first off he never challenged him and it was never a foul, though most of you seem to think he did so here it goes.

To be a penalty it has to be a foul inside the box that prevents a goal scoring opportunity and/or the player/ball is heading towards the goal. Agbonlahor was heading away from goal, the ball was heading away from goal, there was no goal scoring opportunity there to stop a goal scoring opportunity.

You dont even know the rules. Not a penalty unless its a goal scoring opportunity? What you onnabout man :lol:

You dont even know the rules. Not a penalty unless its a goal scoring opportunity? What you onnabout man :lol:

I said and or facing/traveling towards goal.

Look it up.

It's similar to how outside of the pitch there is difference between a direct and indirect free kick.

Guest Roger Kint

So it's ok to foul someone in the box as long as they're not going towards goal?

A deliberate hand ball.

If there is a foul in the box and non of those situations apply then it is an indirect free kick.

So, a corner into the box comes in towards the penalty spot(ball high in the air). Attacker is facing the ball and I the defender run up to him and roundhouse kick him in the head. Thats an indirect free kick?

A deliberate hand ball.

So, a corner into the box comes in towards the penalty spot(ball high in the air). Attacker is facing the ball and I the defender run up to him and roundhouse kick him in the head. Thats an indirect free kick?

Excessive force, penalty.

Look it up.

It's similar to how outside of the pitch there is difference between a direct and indirect free kick.

How about you look it up and post evidence for us in here?

The fucking subs heaped a huge amount of pressure on us again in the 2nd half. When the hell is Pardew going to realize that re-jigging the midfield time and time again, as randomly as he does, isn't going to preserve a lead? Fuck me it doesn;t take much to realize it!

IMO what helped us weather the storm was Jonas' spat with Weimann and whoever else it was. That was soon after Villa had scored and his antics helped frustrate them, and slowed the game down. I don't like to see it, but under the circumstances last night he used his experience well to our advantage. We were facing a rampant home side by that point and he single handedly sucked the life out of them fannying about the way he did. After "that" day in May, it was perfect revenge.

Guest Roger Kint

A deliberate hand ball.

Excessive force, penalty.

That isnt on your list, in fact you clearly stated in your final sentence that it isnt a pen :lol:

Guest Roger Kint

Why do you never see an indirect free kick given in the box?

Shearer scored a few of those back in those days.

When did obstruction stop being that and became a pen?

Guest neesy111

Why do you never see an indirect free kick given in the box?

Honestly.

http://furcoatnoknickers.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/alan-partridge-shrug_o_gifsoup-com.gif

Guest neesy111

Anyone who thinks it was a foul is off their tits. The only thing Debuchy was guilty of was giving him the opportunity to dive for a penalty. He got too close, which was naive.

Did you to the game?  Thought I seen you celebrating the 2nd on TV???

Ok so I was nearly right.

A penalty kick may be awarded when a defending player is within the penalty area (commonly known as "the box" or "18 yard box") and commits a foul punishable by a direct free kick against an opponent or commits a handball offence. Note that it is the location of the offence — and not the position of the ball — that defines whether a foul is punishable by a penalty kick or direct free kick, provided the ball is in play. The location where the foul is originally committed determines whether the penalty is awarded.

The referee signals the award of a penalty kick by blowing the whistle and pointing to the penalty spot.

I.E. Not all fouls in the box are penalties.

Anyone who thinks it was a foul is off their tits. The only thing Debuchy was guilty of was giving him the opportunity to dive for a penalty. He got too close, which was naive.

:thup: Clear as day that Agbonlahor stepped on Debuchy's foot, and fell to the ground.

By the way what the fuck was up with their players? They really had a right go at us in terms of fouling us all over the place. Some dangerous tackles as well. Also noticed Westwood? give Jonas a shove just after he was booked. Was he trying to gode him into a reaction? Cunts.

Did you to the game?  Thought I seen you celebrating the 2nd on TV???

Yep I did mate. Could well have seen me.

Look it up.

How about you look it up and post evidence for us in here?

Ok, usually outside of the area a handball is punished by an indirect free kick, though in recent years I've seen it punished by a direct free kick, in a penalty box though it is punished by a direct free kick which is a penalty.

:thup: Clear as day that Agbonlahor stepped on Debuchy's foot, and fell to the ground.

By the way what the fuck was up with their players? They really had a right go at us in terms of fouling us all over the place. Some dangerous tackles as well. Also noticed Westwood? give Jonas a shove just after he was booked. Was he trying to gode him into a reaction? Cunts.

They'd obviously just been sent out to do anything it took to win.