Aston Villa 1 - 2 Newcastle United - 29/01/13 - Post-match relief from page 84

Dave

I thought Santon played well.

Yep, much improved. Made some timely blocks and clearances too.

did nearly get caught out though simply hanging a boot out to block Benteke's ball to Weimann.

Don't think I've seen a defence so disorganised for quite some time, no one was where they were supposed to be.

Don't think I've seen a defence so disorganised for quite some time, no one was where they were supposed to be.

Taylor was poor and I will put that down to a lack of games, the other 3 carried him and we were lucky to get away with it.

Krul 8

Santon 4

Coloccini 5

Taylor 4

Debuchy 4

Jonas man, f*** off!

Sissoko 5

Cabaye 7

Perch 5

Cisse 5

Gouffran 6

Shola 3

Anita 4

MYM 6

Pardew 2

A 5 for Sissoko?

We won (for the first time this season) 2-1 away despite some nonsense 2nd half??? Have a word

Been out for a meal so avoided the score, just watched Football First and that second half has nearly ended me, can't even imagine what it must have been like watching it live!!! Was it another case of Pardew shutting up shop and holding on?

Right, I've seen it now - I think a lot of it was Villa being energised by not playing ridiculously unsuitable tactics; but certainly we stood back more than we should have and then hit the panic button with the Shola substitution and it went horribly downhill from there, panic, no cohesion, and just lumping it forward again and again. However, we did tire incredibly quickly, which is alarming considering that we had 10 days between games...

Guest firetotheworks

Been out for a meal so avoided the score, just watched Football First and that second half has nearly ended me, can't even imagine what it must have been like watching it live!!! Was it another case of Pardew shutting up shop and holding on?

It was Pardew's most intensely s*** version of it yet.

Taylor was poor and I will put that down to a lack of games, the other 3 carried him and we were lucky to get away with it.

thought debuchy was very poor defensivly, particular;y second half and for all it was a backs to the wall second none of the back 4 played well.

Also, that was never, ever a penalty. He steps on Debuchy's foot and falls over man. They don't score that, they don't suddenly have the whole crowd behind them and I don't think they get the confidence. Also, I wouldn't say any of Krul's saves were out of this world, you would expect him to make all of them - the Weimann chance was a great save, others were good.

Fuck Aston Villa.

Dave Bassett seems to think Sissoko is Xisco on Football First.

He also thinks Perch's block on Weimann was violent conduct :lol:

i don't think it was, but i've seen them given.

it would be interesting the reaction on here had it been bennett on cabaye.

Also, that was never, ever a penalty. He steps on Debuchy's foot and falls over man. They don't score that, they don't suddenly have the whole crowd behind them and I don't think they get the confidence. Also, I wouldn't say any of Krul's saves were out of this world, you would expect him to make all of them - the Weimann chance was a great save, others were good.

Fuck Aston Villa.

Clear penalty IMO, daft as fuck from Debuchy to try and go for that. And the crowd were already right behind them at that point tbh, they'd already opened us up a few times.

Dave Bassett seems to think Sissoko is Xisco on Football First.

He also thinks Perch's block on Weimann was violent conduct :lol:

i don't think mit wa, but i've seen them given.

it wou;d be interesting the reaction on here had it been bennett on cabaye.

:anguish: