Aston Villa 1 - 2 Newcastle United - 29/01/13 - Post-match relief from page 84

Dave

Anyone who thinks it was a foul is off their tits. The only thing Debuchy was guilty of was giving him the opportunity to dive for a penalty. He got too close, which was naive.

:thup: Clear as day that Agbonlahor stepped on Debuchy's foot, and fell to the ground.

By the way what the f*** was up with their players? They really had a right go at us in terms of fouling us all over the place. Some dangerous tackles as well. Also noticed Westwood? give Jonas a shove just after he was booked. Was he trying to gode him into a reaction? c***s.

I noticed that like, horrible bastard (whoever it was, just seen the arm push Jonas in the back).  They were blatantly trying to get us down to 10 men.  Hope they go down and never come back.

Looking back on the game, class from us first half although villa were kids caught cold in front of a hostile crowd. Second half they were a different team, we couldn't handle it and the difference was our outstanding keeper. If villa can get themselves playing like they did in that half they should stay up, some tidy players that just need their confidence back. It's a worry for me that even with the new lads we have to resort to the headless chicken tactics whenever we are under pressure.

They were a different team because we allowed them to be, no other reason.

Incredibly harsh. They were far better in the second half, we just never adjusted to it and allowed them to tear us apart for the entire 45+ minutes.

First twenty minutes they were very threatening, but I think it was waning. Though I was incredibly nervous until the final whistle, it didn't really feel like there going to get one in that 5min stoppage time. The crowd had given up as well after roaring them on for  a while.

Aye they was better but not as good as we allowed them to look, again down to Pardew's negative putrid shit.

It was quite clear we had no ambition other than hold the lead the minute the 2nd half kicked off as usual under this moron.

I don't see how you could assess that. They came out fighting, we concede a soft pen, then the game is out of control. We failed to get control, but to say we never intended to is just an assumption.

Ok so I was nearly right.

A penalty kick may be awarded when a defending player is within the penalty area (commonly known as "the box" or "18 yard box") and commits a foul punishable by a direct free kick against an opponent or commits a handball offence. Note that it is the location of the offence — and not the position of the ball — that defines whether a foul is punishable by a penalty kick or direct free kick, provided the ball is in play. The location where the foul is originally committed determines whether the penalty is awarded.

The referee signals the award of a penalty kick by blowing the whistle and pointing to the penalty spot.

I.E. Not all fouls in the box are penalties.

How were you nearly right? You originally started banging on about "facing away from goal" and "goalscoring opportunities". Absolute nonsense.

Ok so I was nearly right.

A penalty kick may be awarded when a defending player is within the penalty area (commonly known as "the box" or "18 yard box") and commits a foul punishable by a direct free kick against an opponent or commits a handball offence. Note that it is the location of the offence — and not the position of the ball — that defines whether a foul is punishable by a penalty kick or direct free kick, provided the ball is in play. The location where the foul is originally committed determines whether the penalty is awarded.

The referee signals the award of a penalty kick by blowing the whistle and pointing to the penalty spot.

I.E. Not all fouls in the box are penalties.

How were you nearly right? You originally started banging on about "facing away from goal" and "goalscoring opportunities". Absolute nonsense.

:lol: :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

Aye they was better but not as good as we allowed them to look, again down to Pardew's negative putrid s***.

It was quite clear we had no ambition other than hold the lead the minute the 2nd half kicked off as usual under this moron.

I don't see how you could assess that. They came out fighting, we concede a soft pen, then the game is out of control. We failed to get control, but to say we never intended to is just an assumption.

It would be an assumption had it not already happened in nigh on every game this season.

So it's ok to foul someone in the box as long as they're not going towards goal?

First I've heard of that!

For a penalty to be awarded 1 or more of these should happen.

The ball or player must be travelling/facing towards goal.

There is a goal scoring opportunity.

A deliberate hand ball.

If there is a foul in the box and non of those situations apply then it is an indirect free kick.

Rule 1 in Refs handbook - 'the referee's decsion is final'...Pat Partridge confrimed that...

Class night to be at. It's the first game I've ever been late to. I was at the ground over an hour before, but my dad had my ticket and his bus was late. So fucking frustrating standing outside the ground for the first 15 minutes just waiting, I was so terrified we'd score and miss it. Then within 2 minutes of getting in Cisse scored. Celebrating Cabaye's was great. The second half was very nervy in the stands too, but determined. Then great again at the end, the team doing a big team hug then everyone, including Pardew, coming over to the fans. Felt like a very significant game.

I was horrified to calculate that was my first PL away win in 5 years! Since Fulham under Fat Sam (Barton stoppage time penalty). I go to a fair few games as well, but missed last season (apart from QPR 0-0). (between that there were the hardly any away wins of the relegation season, not in the division, then a few when back up but I didn't catch any wins)

Have to say our away support was at its absolute best last night, a credit to the club. Visibly kept the side going at times in the 2nd half.

:thup: :thup: :thup: The best away support in the land bar none. Massive credit to every single one, and you could see it meant a lot to the players. Did they all come over to the fans at full time? Sure I saw Cisse gathering his teammates pointing them in the direction of the away end.

Have to say our away support was at its absolute best last night, a credit to the club. Visibly kept the side going at times in the 2nd half.

:thup: :thup: :thup: The best away support in the land bar none. Massive credit to every single one, and you could see it meant a lot to the players. Did they all come over to the fans at full time? Sure I saw Cisse gathering his teammates pointing them in the direction of the away end.

yeah, everyone came over at the end, Pardew etc included.

Listening to the BBC Radio Newcastle podcast of the game, Steven Taylor says that all the new players had to stand up and say why they wanted to play for Newcastle at the meal the evening before.

Not sure if that is a new thing as I have not heard of them doing it before.  Sounds as if they had a blast (although Saylor always speaks in hyperbole).

The roar for our first was so loud, could see what it meant.

The new players will be instantly in love with what they saw yesterday.  :)

Theoretically they should be in complete awe this weekend at a chock full St James' Park. Loved the comment from Yanga-Mbiwa that the stadium name alone fills him with pride. I hope the home support roars us on to victory come 5pm  :smitten:

Apart from the "your support is fucking shit..." hate that chant.