Newcastle United vs Chelsea - 02/02/13 at 3pm (not on TV)

Dave

Everyone chill the f*** out, there was the same reaction before Villa and we won, with the first half being some of the best football we've played all season. When it doesn't work, slate him then.

Is what you meant.

Did we lose to Villa?

We tried our f***ing hardest to in that second half. The fact that we didn't quite manage to chuck it away is scant cause for celebration.

Tactics and subs were largely responsible for that, not the starting line-up.

Surely there's justification in expecting exactly the same of Pardew again if he's started the same team again then?

Possibly, but that's not what people are complaining about is it? I'm just saying, complain when things have gone wrong. Give them a chance to go wrong first though. :lol:

Colo and Saylor have a good understanding of each other. As much as we'd like to, you can't just lob a foreign CB in and expect instant results. Understandable selection.

Jonas is the only choice that worries me, still strangely confident though.

When he's as good as Yanga-Mbiwa is then you can.

The same could have been said about Colo in his first season. He was utterly dogshit.

Colo and Saylor have a good understanding of each other. As much as we'd like to, you can't just lob a foreign CB in and expect instant results. Understandable selection.

The same could have been said about Colo in his first season. He was utterly dogshit.

Yet stepped in for his first game away at Old Trafford and was outstanding.

He wasn't dogshit like, he made some comical errors in the latter half of the season but he was hardly a complete travesty.

Will put mapou and shola on after 60 mins when Chelsea are out of sight.

I can understand some rationale with starting Taylor and Jonas ahead of marveaux and mapou. However it is wildly misguided, both had rocky games at best last week and Jonas is so far from on form it is insane.

Can't fathom anitas omission though.

Still don't see what Anita has done to get dropped here.

He sometimes has attacking and creative intentions. Even gets forward.

These things cannot be tolerated in more than 3 people in the team at once. Everyone else has to defend for 90 minutes.

Jonas is starting Chelsea. Marveaux is allergic to defending. If there is one thing you can say for sure with Pardew, it is that he values defensive shape above all and in a match like this, you cannot expect him to play Sylvain. The only thing that truly annoys me is Yanga-Mbiwa being on the bench, but I believe I understand what Pardew is thinking.

I'm not bothered about Jonas at all, its the Saylor decision that worries me i have constant images in my head of Chelsea exploiting Saylor's lack of calm and pace and i think it will come back to bite us on the arse.

Even Perch i can see his reasons even though i don't agree with it, but the Saylor decision baffles me.... he talks about horses for courses but Saylor isn't a horse for this course.

Anyway wait and see but i can see this decision being pivotal in whether we win or lose.

Still don't see what Anita has done to get dropped here.

He sometimes has attacking and creative intentions. Even gets forward.

These things cannot be tolerated in more than 3 people in the team at once. Everyone else has to defend for 90 minutes.

True.

Guest palnese

Not sure if this has been posted.

Cech; Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry ©, Cole; Ramires, Lampard; Oscar, Mata, Bertrand; Ba

Turnbull, Ferreira, Azpilicueta, Ake, Benayoun, Marin, Torres

reminder to people that Saylor is actually a good cb plus he and Colo know each other well which is important in a cb partnership

Everyone knows he's a good CB but he does have weaknesses and quite frankly i can see those weaknesses being exploited and Mbiwa is better suited to deal with Chelsea's attack.

Wait and see as i said but his lack of calm and pace worries me.