Tottenham Hotspur vs. Newcastle United - 09/02/13 @ 12:45pm (Live on Sky)

Fenham Mag

Hate the early kickoff, but really excited for this one.

I quite like the Saturday lunchtime ones. Get up and have a bacon sandwich, enjoy some football then still have most of your weekend left.

Great if you get a positive result. :lol:

It's on ESPN here, very early, after a very late shift, before a very early shift.  I'm going to have to plan very precisely to get the right amount of sleep and enjoy the match.

Kick off's at 7:45 here so I'm thinking of DVRing it.  I'll be getting to bed around 4:00am after work, getting up at 8:15, watching the first half, fast-forwarding through half-time, watching the second half, showering, and leaving for work by 10.  It can be done.

It must be done.

Even trickier on the west coast man. 4:45am is f***ed whether you stay up for it or get up early, as I'm more of a noon-riser usually. It's such a rare opportunity to get to watch a match on my actual tv though, so it's just a question of whether I stay up or try to get a few hours of sleep before kickoff. Luckily I have f***-all to do on Saturday so I can just zonk out after.

:thup:

Kudos on the dedication lads.

Cuba, looks like we can't go to Celt at 7:45 AM :lol: and thats rough Mierc. Good luck man.

I'm going out tonight but will somehow be wide awake by 6AM all nervous for the match. :lol:

Also, Cuba - if we win. I may show up to your shift to celebrate with you.

I quite like the Saturday lunchtime ones. Get up and have a bacon sandwich, enjoy some football then still have most of your weekend left.

What if you're jewish?

What if you're jewish?

You tell the bacon sandwich it's chicken (that's what my old jewish boss used to do, did the same when he was scoffing prawn cocktail anarl)

What if you're jewish?

You tell the bacon sandwich it's chicken (that's what my old jewish boss used to do, did the same when he was scoffing prawn cocktail anarl)

Mrs Henke won't buy bread so i'm fucked anyway. I'm really liking this breakfast / match idea though, i'll maybe go to spoons.

What if you're jewish?

Mrs Henke won't buy bread so i'm fucked anyway. I'm really liking this breakfast / match idea though, i'll maybe go to spoons.

Won't buy Bread???? EH?????? WTF??

Absolutely this. The game's on at 7.45am here, and so if we lose that's my entire weekend ruined. I can't even enjoy breakfast.

Speaking of sleep and food - how's the bairn?

What if you're jewish?

Won't buy Bread???? EH?????? WTF??

Tell me about it. She's obsessed with health, fitness and that. Bread's evil apparently.

Don't get me wrong i'm all for looking after yourself but jesus wept, if you can't enjoy a bacon sarnie on a Saturday morning what's the point in living?

Yep, that's exactly the sort of reason I hate the early kick off. :lol: Whole thing ends up a write-off.

Guest neesy111

Yep, that's exactly the sort of reason I hate the early kick off. :lol: Whole thing ends up a write-off.

Really depends how much your weekend is dependent on football. Mine always are now.

:alone:

Adebayor available for them.

knew would be, was clinging o hope he wouldn't tho :(

We'll see. He's back, but who knows (a) how fit/ready to play he is (b) if AVB will give him a kick up the arse and not start him. I'll not be convinced until I see him out on that pitch.

We'll see. He's back, but who knows (a) how fit/ready to play he is (b) if AVB will give him a kick up the arse and not start him. I'll not be convinced until I see him out on that pitch.

How likely is that though given your options..

What's Spurs' lineup to look like, leffe?

With Ade, hopefully:

Lloris

Walker Vertonghen Gallas BAE

Parker Dembele

Lennon Holtby Bale

Ade

There's some question over whether Holtby will start, but I think AVB would be nuts not to do so. Other issues are Walker (he's been distinctly unreliable) and the centre of defence (loads of options). BAE is coming back from long-term injury, but I expect him to start. We might well see Dawson start instead of Gallas.

Without Ade, you can expect to see Dempsey start, either upfront or switched with Bale.

How likely is that though given your options..

Yeah, unlikely. Obviously we don't know the full story (Gervinho also only got back today, apparently), but Ade has lost some credit with the fans over this. We'll see.

We never seem to do well with these early games either.

Over here the combination of an early morning game, lack of sleep, and a bad result is enough to ruin a weekend. Throw in a hangover and you're on suicide watch the rest of the day  :lol:

Somehow I doubt the same applies to most Spurs fans.

Somehow I doubt the same applies to most Spurs fans.

It's Shabbat, too.

i think you'll find it's shazbat.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR4RURuA8Nk_jVMuMGAt9SjaPoUVM7LNJN99p5aXBhEWVDN9Lprsw

Lloris

Walker Vertonghen Gallas BAE

Parker Dembele

Lennon Holtby Bale

Ade

Fawk, that looks pretty damn good. But then, so does ours. The midfield battle is going to be intense.

For everyone talking about a loss ruining your weekend: A win will fuck mine up too (mind you, I'm happy to be fucked up this way) because I'll probly end up staying up all night 'til kickoff, then if we win there's no way I'll be going to sleep at 7am after FT. So I'll be running around getting drunk til noon at least and then my sleep schedule will have been set to 1-9pm or so... Oh well. Howay the french!!