NOFC at SJP - Black and White 2-3 Orange. Link to photos on page 30

bowlingcrofty

This is now fully paid up at NUFC, so we've guaranteed our slots.

Ollie has contacted the two teams who may swap. One has said no, and the other one has a number of players currently in Afghan so they're trying to contact them to see if it's ok, but could be a while.

We'll definitely be playing on the Sunday, but whether it's a team in the 10am and a team in the 2pm game or not, we're not sure. So i guess you can book flights as long as you ensure you're in Newcastle all day on Sunday 26th May.

Guest The Enforcer

Everyone should go and spectate in the game they're not playing in, so we're still all together for the day and ready to sip a few cocktails after the second game.

:lol: half the lads for one team are in afghan. Enjoy that match lads, I'm sure they'll be a nice calm bunch of lads, probably really unfit too.

And I can't imagine they've had much time to kick a ball around out there.

:lol: half the lads for one team are in afghan. Enjoy that match lads, I'm sure they'll be a nice calm bunch of lads, probably really unfit too.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/grandma-scared.gif

:thup:

There should be an hour or so between games where we can all go to Shearer's for a chill out drink.

• 2 weeks later...

I guess if we are separating that Crofty, Matty and NSG will be playing in the same team as their +1's (Gaz has 8 and Matt 2 actually) and the rest of us in the other team. From checking the spreadsheet, which Crofty has coloured in,I guess it will look like this;

Team 1 (14 players) 

NSG

Crofty

Mattypnufc

Crofty +1

Crofty +2

Crofty +3

Crofty +4

Crofty +5

Crofty +6

Crofty +7

Crofty +8

Matty +1

Matty +2

Kev Hoy

Team 2 (16 players)

toonpete1982

Palnese

LFEE

theregulars

legacy

iwantcurlyhairtoo

Kaizero

chrismcquillan

Neej Hunter

MKSC

Neesy

Neesy +1

Neesy +2

geordie_b

slim

The Enforcer

That's how I read it anyway.

That's what I'd imagine.

I spoke to Crofty/NSG at the match yesterday and the club still hadn't got back to them about switching so we can play each other. 

I'd reckon we'll start pushing them soon.  Can't see why any team would have a problem to be honest.

I guess if we are separating that Crofty, Matty and NSG will be playing in the same team as their +1's (Gaz has 8 and Matt 2 actually) and the rest of us in the other team. From checking the spreadsheet, which Crofty has coloured in,I guess it will look like this;

Team 1 (14 players) 

NSG

Crofty

Mattypnufc

Crofty +1

Crofty +2

Crofty +3

Crofty +4

Crofty +5

Crofty +6

Crofty +7

Crofty +8

Matty +1

Matty +2

Kev Hoy

Team 2 (16 players)

toonpete1982

Palnese

LFEE

theregulars

legacy

iwantcurlyhairtoo

Kaizero

chrismcquillan

Neej Hunter

MKSC

Neesy

Neesy +1

Neesy +2

geordie_b

slim

The Enforcer

That's how I read it anyway.

Makes sense that way.

Are we just turning up on the day and picking our positions? Because I hope both teams have a decent goalkeeper. Otherwise things could get messy

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately they've been unable to swap with other teams, so we're playing 1 team at 10am and the other at 2pm. Could all players:

(a) PM me with preferred playing time. Priority will be given to those travelling a long distance

(b) If you no longer want to play, please offer your place up on here. I've now fully paid the club so not in a position to refund anyone.

I've had the email below from NUFC twice, one for each game.

We are delighted to confirm your booking for one team to play on the hallowed turf at St. James’ Park.  I have detailed below information relating to your game

•            Matches are 11-a-side.

•            Playing Squad maximum will be 18 players per side and rolling substitutions will be allowed.

•            Newcastle United will provide all Match Officials and footballs.

•            All players must be aged 18 or over to participate. (If you wish to include a player in your team who is under the age of 18, a separate parental / guardian liability authorisation disclaimer document must be signed. Please advise us in advance if this is required.)

•            Access to the dressing rooms will be granted 20 minutes before the match. Once changed, teams can go out to warm up before their game kicks off. (Please avoid warming up in the goal mouths.)

•            Teams need to provide their own kits/shin pads/half time refreshments. (If there is a clash of kits bibs will be provided.)

•            All players will register on arrival at the Old Milburn Players Entrance, at least 30 minutes before their kick off and MUST sign a liability disclaimer document

•            Friends and families are more than welcome to spectate and will need to enter via the 1892 Club entrance to the right of the Players entrance. Please note you are not limited to the amount of people who attend but if you are planning on bringing over 100 spectators please can you let me know.

•            Please feel free to bring your own photographer or video man to film the day.

•            Vouchers for post-match food will be issued to team members only for use in 1892 Club. (Please can you let me know if any of the players have any dietary requirements and what they may be.)

•            Families and friends may join you in the 1892 Club where food and drinks will be available for them to purchase. Food will be provided for team players including up to 18 players on each side.

•            Changing rooms must be vacated 15 minutes after the match has finished.

•            Parking is available in the decked car park first left on entering St. James’ Park from Barrack Road. Please note there is a charge to park in this car park

Please note this year’s Play on the Pitch is running from Tuesday 21st May – Saturday 1st June, so the condition of the pitch will deteriorate throughout the two weeks.

Please find below an example of timings for a 10am kick off:

MATCH  – KICK OFF 10.00 am (60 mins)

09.30    Teams arrive Old Milburn Reception

09.40    Transfer to Changing Rooms

10.00    Kick Off – First Half

10.30    Half Time

10.35    Second Half

11.05    Match finishes

11.20    Teams vacate Dressing Rooms

Transfer to 1892 Suite

11.30    Dressing Rooms are cleaned

We recommend arrival at least 30 minutes prior to kick off.

FOOD OPTIONS ON THE DAY

-              Chicken Curry

-              Chilli Con Carne

-              Long Grain Steamed Rice

-              Chips

Please note there will be an option for family and friends to have the same menu at £6.50 per person.

Should you have any further queries please contact me on (0191) 2018438 or by email at [email protected].

Kind regards

Ollie

Are they not willing to give you the other 2 teams details and maybe persuade them yourself?...

My only request would be to join the time slot of lads who played the recent Blue v Red game if its not a NO V NO game...

Guest The Enforcer

I agree with those teams making most sense.

I'm travelling from London, so I might prefer the later time slot, if I'm not going up the night before. I'll let you know.