The France Thread

EthiGeordie

How fucking shit was the side put out by Deschamps? Valbuena is absolute cack and Ribery is nowhere near the player he used to be. Zero creativity or heart. Utter utter rubbish. Wor Sissoko breathed a bit of life when he came on, albeit 80 minutes too late.

How fucking shit was the side put out by Deschamps? Valbuena is absolute cack and Ribery is nowhere near the player he used to be. Zero creativity or heart. Utter utter rubbish. Wor Sissoko breathed a bit of life when he came on, albeit 80 minutes too late.

Valbuena was the best French player on the pitch today.

Guest VanBarduck

How f***ing s*** was the side put out by Deschamps? Valbuena is absolute cack and Ribery is nowhere near the player he used to be. Zero creativity or heart. Utter utter rubbish. Wor Sissoko breathed a bit of life when he came on, albeit 80 minutes too late.

;D Not a single thing of what you just wroted is true.

Guest VanBarduck

Sissoko just embarassed himself by being in the same pitch that the likes of Xavi, Iniesta, Alonso , Busquets etc... very poor technique compared to them .

Sissoko just embarassed himself by being in the same pitch that the likes of Xavi, Iniesta, Alonso , Busquets etc... very poor technique compared to them .

Why are you still here? Go away.

He nearly created a goal for Ribery and won the free kick you nearly scored from in his very little time on the pitch....

Technique isn't everything, just like strength and pace isn't everything.

Still think that France do have an excellent squad but it's always the same with them, they just look so uninspiring.

I think its a question of balance.... you can't have Valbuena and Ribery on the wings unless you dominate and/or your fullbacks are ridiculously good.

Midfield was also set up wrong today IMO, Cabaye should have had the Pirlo role with Pogba and Matuidi reprising the Vidal and Marchisio roles to use a Juventus example as i think those players are similar in style.

Benzema also needs to be dropped, he acts like another midfielder and that is no good with this set up an actual striker would work wonders.

I personally would have done this.

Lloris

Mbiwa Varane Koscielny Evra

Cabaye

Pogba Matudi

Menez Giroud Ribery/Valbuena

They have good players its more a question of using them correctly.

Guest VanBarduck

http://www.beinsport.fr/news/article/ao5zhtelx03m1p35dhwc930r2/title/newcastle-represente-au-stade-de-france

Carr was at the match tonight as well as both of their Under 20 matches this week.

Thauvin scored twice  :whatdidido: Veretout is very good , look a lot like a young Cabaye , but with the ability of running past people, wich cabaye can't , could be a good replacement in the future.

:serious:

There's not many players in the world who wouldn't be embarrassing themselves by your logic.

Seems an unnecessary outburst.

Agreed, you're better than that man!

Mole: You'd have played our MYM at RB given their injuries eh? I quite like that idea, assume that Debuchy would have started there had he been fit?

So much talent in their squad yet totally spot on by Tooj in that it looked like so uninspiring and disjointed.

I would prefer a proper RB tbh but considering how bad the options are with Debuchy and Sagna injured it feels like the best option.

I also agree they look uninspired and disjointed, the whole thing seems unbalanced to me.

I could say the same about Brazil too, lots of talent but not much framework for team play and balance.

Which is why right now i'm impressed with Spain, Germany, Italy and Argentina the most, they have talent too but they have settled on a team that works.

France and Brazil don't seem to know direction they are headed and with the WC around a year away that doesn't bode well for them.

Do you think Ribery needs to be replaced? I always feel like his me, me, me attitude has been a problem for France. Then he goes and plays great or looks dangerous and I'm left undecided on him :lol:

Benzema is the most frustrating for me b/c he's so fucking talented and has all the tools to be one of the best but he looks so useless for France.

Wish Hatem was fit and in the team man, would be awesome to see him out there wide-right.

Do you think Ribery needs to be replaced? I always feel like his me, me, me attitude has been a problem for France. Then he goes and plays great or looks dangerous and I'm left undecided on him :lol:

Benzema is the most frustrating for me b/c he's so f***ing talented and has all the tools to be one of the best but he looks so useless for France.

Wish Hatem was fit and in the team man, would be awesome to see him out there wide-right.

Ribery might seem like a me, me, me guy, but man does he work hard for his team. Workhorse for most parts. I like him, and anyone saying he's past it is out of their minds.

And Mole, you think Argentina and Italy have settled? I agree with Brazil not having settled at all, we look extremely disjointed at the moment, but we are performing on level with Argentina and Italy at the moment, yet you seem to think they have settled teamwise?

Benzema really has disappointed me, as you say he's immensely talented but its not that it seems he's mentally shot and complete forgot that he's a bloody striker.

I don't know what it is... maybe playing alongside Ronaldo where he can afford to just link play and create has made him too comfortable?

Either way i think he needs to leave Madrid for a team built to play for him so he can remember he is a striker again.

This isn't the player he was at Lyon and quite frankly its embarrassing watching him at the moment.

As for Ribery i do agree in some ways he can be a bit greedy sometimes but its difficult to see France dropping him as he offers far too much to them.