The France Thread

EthiGeordie

It's pretty flexible, really. Can be adjusted, as required, dependent on the result.

as opposed to your own inflexible approach of talking unadulterated s**** regardless

:lol:

ground my gears this morning man, first there's ian saying how england "weren't that bad" while everyone reporting on the game said germany barely tried, beat us at a canter and could feasibly have stepped up gears if they could be arsed, which they didn't need to be

then there's inochi deriding people for their opinions fluctuating with results, no fucking shit inochi some people actually care about the games :lol: i'm convinced the lad is a stu disciple tbh, stu probably grew him in the basement, gave him the koolaid or kidnapped him and groomed him over a period of years

what price holding the middle ground?  is there any event, anything at all that ian and inochi can't see the bright side of or hold a sensible middle ground opinion?  i've yet to see it

er yeah, rant over

Pretty awesome to see Cabaye, Sissoko, Remy and Debuchy in the team with Cabaye and Debuchy looking to nail down starting 11 roles. Hopefully MYM, HBA, and hell, the Gouff put in performances before the summer to get themselves back or in Gouff's case, a one off chance to get into the World Cup side.

Love seeing stadiums go mad, chills down my spine.

MYM has a chance IMO if he keeps up the level he had started to show. Debuchy has made the RB spot his own. And even as an auxiliary LB he  would be decent for them

Sakho is getting Thuram comparisons in France now for that performance and Varane or Kos could easily pair with him. Was hoping MYM & Sakho would be the first choice future pairing in the middle but Varane seems certain to fuck that up.

Varane and Sakho are both younger, bigger and better, to be fair. Hopefully keeps Mapou on his toes and he does a fair bit of improving.

Can't help but agree with that. I believe Mapou was rated higher by most in France at 1 point...but will defer to someone who's a little more knowledgable on it. Hopefully he continues to improve and plays himself into the 23.

Sakho is very inconsistent.... always was at PSG and has been so far at Liverpool.

Has the physical tools but has many a brain fart in him and i don't think he has what he takes to get to the very very top and always felt that.

Mapou is the same really but has a higher potential ceiling, hell i'd argue the same for Varane too extremely talented but since Man Utd last season he's made a mistake in practically every big game for Madrid.

France have a lot of talented defenders but they all have a long way to go.