Tottenham 2 - 1 Newcastle United - 09/02/13 - post-match reaction from page 50

Dave

We were okay, they were better. Two sloppy goals and an injury to arguably our best player on the day has cost us.

It was always going to be a tough game and hopefully the result won't cause too much damage. Time to move on; four extremely winnable games coming up.

:thup:

Bale needs to f*** off and be a bit part player at some bigger club. Either that or get a serious knee injury. Preferably the latter. Vile individual.

eh how is he vile, its not his fault the media are having a wankfest over him.. and yes he is good aswel.

He's a cheat.

Aston Villa (a)

Chelsea (h)

Spurs (a)

... if you'd offered me six points prior to those games, I'd have snapped your hand off. It's disappointing to lose but I'm happy that we matched them. We look a million miles away from being relegated, anyway.

Guest Vinkent

Disappointing since it seemed like we had a chance to at least get something from the game. Still chuffed with 6 points from the last 3 games tho!

Aston Villa (a)

Chelsea (h)

Spurs (a)

... if you'd offered me six points prior to those games, I'd have snapped your hand off. It's disappointing to lose but I'm happy that we matched them. We look a million miles away from being relegated, anyway.

:thup:

Guest Bert Shaft

Played well until Gouffran was stretchered off.

2 pieces of brilliance from Bale but the defending for both was astronomically bad.

Bale was obviously the main difference between the 2 teams, him and the fact that our defence were fannying about a bit too much  today.

If only Perchy had bothered to jump an inch, eh! :D

Given that Bale has twice the talent of any of our players is it not understandable that he's getting these plaudits? Winning games by himself all the time.

Twice the talent of Cabaye, Ben Arfa?

Really?

Nah....

Bale's the difference between Spurs being a 3rd-4th placed team and a 5th-7th placed team. I have no doubt about that.

Easily. Definition of a one man team currently, not that they will care too much. Interesting to see what happens if Bale was out for a few weeks.

It was a good performance. We're not far away from them. Their match winner won the match for them, like ours did earlier this season. I'm not really fussed. Our league season is pretty much over. It's just about getting enough points to make sure we survive and I reckon we'll achieve that soon.

Feel pretty much the same.

What's the point in bringing Shola on? A few years back he maybe scored a goal or two but now it's like giving up.

And if Colo's leaving why not sub him for Mbiwa. A french international who can't break into our defensive lineup? Must be a joke

Bale needs to f*** off and be a bit part player at some bigger club. Either that or get a serious knee injury. Preferably the latter. Vile individual.

eh how is he vile, its not his fault the media are having a wankfest over him.. and yes he is good aswel.

He's a cheat.

Even had the cheek to say he doesn't dive the other week didn't he? Claiming this 'protection' shite.

We we're good today. Just unlucky. Just need Gouffran to be okay. Marv was anonymous in comparison.

Difficult for him though when we failed miserably to get any kind of retained possession going as a team, which is the norm under Pardew as he likes the quick/direct approach.

Because he's a cheat.