Premiership Managers for next season?

Dokko

wewww...point scoring aaal our in here hew.

Eh? It's nothing to do with that you muppet, it's the nature of the thread to see if anyone got anything right.  :rolleyes:

Guest firetotheworks

I'd honestly be astounded if Moyes went to Man United. He's a good manager, but Man United could attract pretty much anyone and he's not shown it at that level. It's risky and I can't understand why they would go with risky.

Poyet is probably in with a shout for any mid table to lower Premiership jobs. Wouldn't rule him out of the Everton job either. A possible long shot for the Chelsea job if Mou goes to Man Utd.

Yeah, Moyes sued Rooney.

Yet conversely by all accounts they have a decent enough relationship. Rooney has on numerous times said how much he respected Moyes for the way he handled the start of his career, and Moyes has said within the past year or so that he expects Rooney to head back to Everton at some point. I don't think they'd have any problem whatsoever working together.

Why is everyone jumping on Moyes but dismissing Solksjaer?

I can dig the whole "no PL experience" thing, but with Phelan holding his hand and Ferguson upstairs, it works for me.

The favourites seem to be Moyes, Mourinho and Klopp, but I just don't see any of them happening - Moyes hasn't done enough, Mourinho doesn't have the right personality and Klopp (just a vibe) might be too hard to prise away. I really think Solksjaer is a decent bet.

So you think Moyes hasn't done enough but Solksjaer is a decent bet?  :lol:

Didn't say Solksjaer had done more. Just that I see him as a more realistic option.

Ex Man Utd player and so knows the club and its culture, one of Ferguson's favourite players (if I recall correctly), has carved out a decent career (in an admittedly lower standard league), is of an age where he is amenable to advice yet still have authority. For me, it seems to tick a lot of boxes.

Moyes is Scottish. Has done well in trying circumstances. And...? Doesn't tick enough boxes for me.

I just can't see them hand the whole kit and caboodle to an "outsider". They are abundantly aware how important this transition is, and they'll do it their way. In fact, maybe they'll let Phelan run things for a season or two.

Guest firetotheworks

Didn't say Solksjaer had done more. Just that I see him as a more realistic option.

Ex Man Utd player and so knows the club and its culture, one of Ferguson's favourite players (if I recall correctly), has carved out a decent career (in an admittedly lower standard league), is of an age where he is amenable to advice yet still have authority. For me, it seems to tick a lot of boxes.

Moyes is Scottish. Has done well in trying circumstances. And...? Doesn't tick enough boxes for me.

I just can't see them hand the whole kit and caboodle to an "outsider". They are abundantly aware how important this transition is, and they'll do it their way. In fact, maybe they'll let Phelan run things for a season or two.

Howeh. You need to try harder there. Blatant wind up.

They're doing brilliant, Molde.

http://www.altomfotball.no/element.do?cmd=tournamentTable&tournamentId=1

They're doing brilliant, Molde.

http://www.altomfotball.no/element.do?cmd=tournamentTable&tournamentId=1

Now that's a comeback :lol:

Don't see it that way myself Raconteur, I think someone like Moyes knows what's involved in a club like them and it's culture. We'll just have to wait and see but personally I wouldn't be putting much on Solksjaer!

Moyes does seem to be the choice of the collective journalistic wisdom, which is why he's odds on while Solksjaer is probably at longer odds than Pardew.

It's always fascinating watching clubs go through this process, and so much more interesting when it's Man Utd...

Guest firetotheworks

Moyes does seem to be the choice of the collective journalistic wisdom, which is why he's odds on while Solksjaer is probably at longer odds than Pardew.

It's always fascinating watching clubs go through this process, and so much more interesting when it's Man Utd...

Nah, Moyes is odds on because it at least makes a bit of sense (although it's risky imo) whereas Solksjaer becoming manager would take an insane leap of faith at this stage.

Am I making things up here? But didn't Ferguson want Moyes as his number 2 at some point? I know he wanted Martinez as a number 2 when he first started doing well with Swansea, something is telling me he wanted Moyes as well?

I think Moyes is a bit of an uninspired choice personally. It's not like they have an unbelievable squad either for him to come into, it's very good obviously, but I think we'll see a notable drop in performances unless they spend in the summer, in which case I think you get the same risks with Moyes as you do with most other managers.

It just seems like they wouldn't even be trying to push the club forwards after Fergie's departure and are accepting a guaranteed downgrade.