Newcastle United vs Southampton - 24/02/13 @ 1.30 pm (Not on TV)

Nobody

I'm feeling positive about tomorrow. All signs point towards score draw, as we don't tend to do well after Europa League, but with the new players and the fact that Pardew can bring in 7 fresh first teamers (potentially), we could see a change of fortune.

Southampton are a well organised team, but we showed on Thursday and since the end of the transfer window that we are too. Played some good football against MK. Although the lack of threat up front is worrying, we have le Gouf back and he alone adds another dimension.

All things weighed up, I think we will win narrowly 2-1

I'd like to see:

Elliot

Debuchy                          MWM                                    Colo                                  Santon

Cabaye                                Tiote

Sissoko

Marv                                                                                                                    Le Gouf

Cisse

Jonas will no doubt start ahead of Marveaux and he and Le Gouf will swap throughout the match.

Pardew is desperate to avenge a comprehensive 2-0 defeat at St Mary's earlier this season.

He said: 'We took a battering, but they are up against a much better team.

'It's a big game because we're at home and it will give us 30 points if we win. So, with 11 games to go, that's a decent target to aim for.'

But he warned against the three-man strike-force he nurtured while in charge of the Saints.

'My front three in League One were Adam Lallana, Jason Puncheon and Rickie Lambert - and it's still the same.

'So I know them inside out. They are three terrific players and it's no surprise to me they're in the Premier League.

'They're all match-winners, so we have a tough job to keep those three down.'

Didn't know all 3 were players under him, hopefully we can deal with them a lot better than we did earlier in season.

We will deal with them if we don't sit back and invite pressure. Please try and smash them if we get a two goal lead and not start backing deep. They make it 2-1 and gain momentum and belief they could very easily make it 2-2.

Really excited to see Gouffran play again. To me he's very nearly as important to us as Sissoko, he gives us an edge to the front line that Cisse and the restjust don't provide.

I was re-watching the Chelsea match again today and really loving the way that Gouffran was constantly switching flanks, moving into the center and just generally being a nuisance. Seems like a player that can play effectively anywhere across the front line, a bit like Ben Arfa. The thought of the two of them constantly switching flanks and working with Sissoko through the middle is just  :drool:

:thup:

I like the idea of a 4-5-1 set up like that, moving into more of a 4-2-4 when attacking... With all the movement between HBA, Gouffran and Sissoko it would be a defender's nightmare.

you want santon and debuchy to stay back when we are attacking ?

I live in Jesmond, was snowing first thing but its stopped now and clearer skies. Doesn't look like enough to cause too much of an issue.

Cheers ta!

thats posh jesmond though, the council sees to it thery get the best of everything. scotswood's under 4ft, walker had a hurricane and newbiggin hall's been in drought since '76.

Have a feeling Gouffran will be key today. His pace and movement can really unsettle teams.

He is always going to be a key for us. Such a class player.

steady on. this could be the new player bounce as he never seemed so good in france, long may it continue but it's too early to come out with that sort of stuff.

(unlike sissoko/mapou who showed in france to some extent what they were about)

Have a feeling Gouffran will be key today. His pace and movement can really unsettle teams.

He is always going to be a key for us. Such a class player.

steady on. this could be the new player bounce as he never seemed so good in france, long may it continue but it's too early to come out with that sort of stuff.

(unlike sissoko/mapou who showed in france to some extent what they were about)

I think I read somewhere that the French were quite surprised at the impact Gouffran has had and that the Bordeaux people thought he would sulk if not playing centre forward so it could be a case of a new player trying to make a good impression.