Newcastle United vs Southampton - 24/02/13 @ 1.30 pm (Not on TV)

Nobody

Krul

Debuchy  Colo  Taylor  Santon

Anita      Cabaye

Gutierrez    Sissoko  Gouffran

Cisse

With Ben Arfa to come on to get some game time before the end.

I really, really hope if we're 1-0 up with about 30 mins left we take off all of our attacking players, bring on defensive ones and just invite pressure onto ourselves for the remainder of the game, its my favourite part of our games.

Same team that started against Spurs for me and i think that will get the 3 points.

Tiote or Anita for Perch please. Don't mind which.

Hopefully Anita as he is by far the best footballer out of the three, and he's done nowt to deserve being dropped.

So Southampton have had an extended break during which we've played two tough and physically demanding games. Going to take a huge effort on sunday and a good use of all three subs.

Yeah hope it's three defensive players because if we're 1 up i want us to do nothing more than hold on when we're playing a team like Southampton at home.

Guest neesy111

Why is it a 1.30 and not a 3pm?

Capital One Cup Final.

Doesnt mean we can't play at 3pm though

They reschedule games so players and fans alike get to watch some of it, since it's an important date on the domestic footballing calendar.

So Southampton have had an extended break during which we've played two tough and physically demanding games. Going to take a huge effort on sunday and a good use of all three subs.

Hopefully we have Santon, Debuchy, Saylor, Tiote and Gouffran back. Plus Anita got his first start for a while, Jonas used as a sub, Cisse and Cabaye subbed off.

We should have enough players rested/fairly rested for Sunday.

Hopefully we have Santon, Debuchy, Saylor, Tiote and Gouffran back. Plus Anita got his first start for a while, Jonas used as a sub, Cisse and Cabaye subbed off.

We should have enough players rested/fairly rested for Sunday.

FYP.

At least not in the starting XI.

Krul               

S. Taylor      Coloccini

Debuchy                    Santon

Anita    Cabaye

Sissoko

Gutierrez        Gouffran

Cisse

A win is a must in this game - nobody should even think we should be drawing or losing to the Saints at SJP, but that shows how little confidence many have in the management....

A look at the squads, man for man, tells you we should win this type of game at least 7 times out of 10, but they seem to have responded well to their new manager and it will be interesting to see how Pardew approaches this on - and whether he gets the upper hand tactically....