Newcastle United 4 - 2 Southampton - 24/02/13 - post-match reaction from page 40

Dave

Just looked at bbc websites live feed, all reaction to man city chelsea, not a peep about our game  :dave:

Typical BS - am used to it now

Hardly new, they've been doing it for long enough BBC radio too only time it's different is when we're doing badly. plenty interest then :rolleyes:

On the game itself, I can say that it was a rather pleasing day. A solid enough performance for me.

We definitely controlled the first half despite Southampton taking the initiative and scoring within the first 5 minutes. The second half put me on edge when they scored to make it 2-2 but it was pleasing to see that our heads didn't drop and we just kept at it. Another good thing to come from this game is us coming back from a losing position once again (!).

Still would like to know what Pardew says at half time mind. We always come out and start second halves really slowly and that really does let the opposition get back into it. Still, twas a good win and it's onwards and upwards.

Souhtampton forum quotes, anyone?

Had a quick look and to be fair most of them are reasonable, say we just about deserved the victory. Some were even touting us for top 7 next year, and that few would beat us at SJP now with our new pace and power.

Link?