Newcastle United vs Stoke City - 10/03/13 @ 3 pm (Not on TV)

Nobody

If he hadn't played on Thursday people would be moaning about "how the f*** is he going to get fit if he isn't playing games!?" now he played and picked up a knock it's still Pardew's fault.

Can't win :lol:

With some he can't lose either.

and some can look at each situation without going either "f***ing c*** Pardew f***ed it up again!!11" or "Howay he got us 5th last season so he iz the best manager ever so shut up!!1".

Some need to stop thinking they know more about Ben Arfa's fitness than the medical staff though. As I said there wasn't much complaint on Thursday about his inclusion.

Who thinks they know more than our medical staff?

There were plenty of comments about how he "should be getting 20 minutes in this game" etc..

Can't actually be bothered to get into it tbh as there will be the usual "when was this said", "well yeah but when else" nonsense.

Had my rant, will try and ignore the inevitable moans every time he doesn't start till the end of the season :lol:

You seem to be waiting for the slightest hint of a moan and jumping on it, you'll send yourself loopy doing that.  You'll get all kinds of opinions on this forum, some of them will be cynical and/or untrusting of Pardew, it's something you need to deal with in the same way everyone else needs to deal with reading stuff they don't like.  It's not like there are hundreds of people shouting and balling about the Ben Arfa stuff.

How Jonas goes before Marv in this kind of match is beyond me.

Jonas has played well since the new signings Marveaux has been rubbish.

Its quite simple really.

He´s rubbish to create something, against Stoke it will be all about creating things.

The problem I see here, is that we're actually pretty shit, and that tends to be fairly irrelevant of the lineup. I expect a turgid 1-1 draw.

We've played well more often than not since the new players came in, I think we'll play well again and win.

We have improved, I agree. I'm not sure I agree that we've played well, especially when you look at the weapons at our disposal.

Compared to the majority of the season it's been fucking liquid football. :lol:

Why on hell Pardew spoked about hatem yesterday , that he will have some sort of "cameo" role , that he could shred Stoke's team apart etc , this is just getting embarrassing , just say is out , I predict the same bullshit nonsense against anzhi in mid-week...

He'll probably start up front and play 90 minutes plus extra time against Anzhi, Pardews a walking contradiction after all.

I'm happy Ben Arfa isn't playing today, save him for Anzhi.

We should have more than enough for these knackers anyway.

He shouldn't be playing much of the game against Anzhi if he can't play today.  How can you be happy that he's now going to be even further behind match fitness?

Match fitness will come its important after being out for so long he is managed properly and Anzhi is the priority as far as HBA is concerned

If he hadn't played on Thursday people would be moaning about "how the f*** is he going to get fit if he isn't playing games!?" now he played and picked up a knock it's still Pardew's fault.

and some can look at each situation without going either "f***ing c*** Pardew f***ed it up again!!11" or "Howay he got us 5th last season so he iz the best manager ever so shut up!!1".

Some need to stop thinking they know more about Ben Arfa's fitness than the medical staff though. As I said there wasn't much complaint on Thursday about his inclusion.

There were plenty of comments about how he "should be getting 20 minutes in this game" etc..

Can't actually be bothered to get into it tbh as there will be the usual "when was this said", "well yeah but when else" nonsense.

Had my rant, will try and ignore the inevitable moans every time he doesn't start till the end of the season :lol:

You seem to be waiting for the slightest hint of a moan and jumping on it, you'll send yourself loopy doing that.  You'll get all kinds of opinions on this forum, some of them will be cynical and/or untrusting of Pardew, it's something you need to deal with in the same way everyone else needs to deal with reading stuff they don't like.  It's not like there are hundreds of people shouting and balling about the Ben Arfa stuff.

Sorry but people having a rant about things they don't even really know about (See the Mike Williamson thread when some paper said he was in line to start against Stoke) annoys me, a lot. The Ben Arfa thing is a particularly sore subject given the way it went on last season.

I'll be good now :)

He shouldn't be playing much of the game against Anzhi if he can't play today.  How can you be happy that he's now going to be even further behind match fitness?

Match fitness will come its important after being out for so long he is managed properly and Anzhi is the priority as far as HBA is concerned

Of course we have to be careful.  Doesn't mean anyone should be happy that he's picked up a knock and so can't gain more match fitness today.  Its going to be nothing but set him further back.  Also Anzhi shouldn't be any more of a priority for Ben Arfa as any other match at the moment.

We don't know he'll be back v anzhi do we?  May be another set back.

(Apologies if there's something to the contrary in the last few pages I haven't read back as it takes ages on me phone )

Guest tobiazvanderziaz

How Jonas goes before Marv in this kind of match is beyond me.

Jonas has played well since the new signings Marveaux has been rubbish.

Its quite simple really.

Joke of the day. He has been terrible before the new signings, he has been bad after.

Sorry but people having a rant about things they don't even really know about (See the Mike Williamson thread when some paper said he was in line to start against Stoke) annoys me, a lot. The Ben Arfa thing is a particularly sore subject given the way it went on last season.

I'll be good now :)

Ah man, you don't want to know my opinion on last season then. :lol:

I don't think things are as black and white as people like to make out, it doesn't have to be that Pardew played it perfectly or totally fucked it.  He could have totally fucked it by playing him for 90 minutes every game and forcing a knock, or he could have fucked it by leaving him out for the entire season (which at one point wasn't looking that unlikely).  My view is that I don't think he played him enough before the Sunderland game, partly because he didn't know how to use him.

This season he did know how to use him, and realised he's one of his most important players or in other words one that can get him out of jail.  I think that's the reason that he rushed him back for the Fulham game.  Now we're seeing a different approach, where he's trying to ease him in for fear of fucking up the situation, but that's why I found it so odd that he started the other night.  Like TT says, if it was simply because Cisse was out then it was the wrong decision.  Pretty sure there were quotes from Pardew a few days previous saying there was fuck-all chance he'd take HBA to Russia.

Another thing its quite obvious Pardew see's Marveaux as a attacking midfielder not a winger.

So Jonas and Marv are not in competition, Marveaux's competition is Cabaye and Sissoko.

Jonas competiton is HBA and Obertan's on Gouffran etc etc.

Jonas plays because we have no wing depth no other reason.

I don't see why we've totally counted Marveaux out as a winger, I know his defensive work ain't great but surely some games you're not that arsed about that.

Exactly, we are playing Stoke at home ffs, his ability on the ball will be much more important against this lot than his defensive work. Jonas does have his uses in the squad, but not for this match IMO

Actually think defensive work on wings can nullify Stoke completely, so can see logic for Jonas.

You say that like there's a hope in hell of Jonas being dropped for any league game with the personnel currently available.

I don't see why we've totally counted Marveaux out as a winger, I know his defensive work ain't great but surely some games you're not that arsed about that.

He isn't a winger in this league. He'll never win the one-on-one battle consistently.