Transfer Talk Board

stozo
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Badly designed poll like, 48 people voted to keep it, 41 voted to get rid.

Whatever minger.

bluelaugh.gif  bluelaugh.gif

Get him Ally.

:lol: House of the banned for Dave, i'm offended by that abuse.

You should hear what he has to say about you via pm. bluebiggrin.gif

No. Not particularly necessary and the main forum becomes quite dead.

Exactly.

And there has already been a vote on this. How legitimate can this poll be when there was one similar barely 3 months ago? Do elections happen every 3 months? Think not.

Exactly.

And there has already been a vote on this. How legitimate can this poll be when there was one similar barely 3 months ago? Do elections happen every 3 months? Think not.

To be fair, the last poll quite clearly had a majority wanting to keep it in some form. 

I'm not arsed either way though.  I just find it all funny. 

Exactly.

To be fair, the last poll quite clearly had a majority wanting to keep it in some form. 

I'm not arsed either way though.  I just find it all funny. 

True, but in the end the 'technical' majority was for the 'get rid' option. And it's not the people's fault that the poll was set up that way as well.

The main forum only became quite dead because it was out of season.  We would still have games to talk about up until the end of January which is a bit different.

I just don't understand how a transfer is not part of the 'general' discussion. If we're about to sign someone, obviously it's logical for us to discuss how he'll fit into the team, how our formation might change etc. etc. so in the end, we'll be discussing things that we discuss currently (check out all the threads on a specific player ie. Dyer), just that we'll be discussing them about players we're about to sign. A transfer is just intrinsically linked with the 'general' discussion that is prevalent in the forum atm, so separating it is not a good idea.

I just don't understand how a transfer is not part of the 'general' discussion. If we're about to sign someone, obviously it's logical for us to discuss how he'll fit into the team, how our formation might change etc. etc. so in the end, we'll be discussing things that we discuss currently (check out all the threads on a specific player ie. Dyer), just that we'll be discussing them about players we're about to sign. A transfer is just intrinsically linked with the 'general' discussion that is prevalent in the forum atm, so separating it is not a good idea.

I know what you're getting at, but I think what mainly annoys people is the persistant posting of even the slightest rumour.  A rumour of a rumour, and it gets posted.  People that aren't even remotely realistic or likely targets get a fair hearing here.

I know what you're getting at, but I think what mainly annoys people is the persistant posting of even the slightest rumour.  A rumour of a rumour, and it gets posted.  People that aren't even remotely realistic or likely targets get a fair hearing here.

Agreed, if it was just transfers that we were actively working on or players we had signed then it wouldn't be a pain.

Funny thing is, there are very few transfer rumours, so what are people's problems? I think some people on here really are spoilt little girls in my opinion.

there will be many more when the window opens

Funny thing is, there are very few transfer rumours, so what are people's problems? I think some people on here really are spoilt little girls in my opinion.

Perhaps, but what is the problem right now that people have to start complaining? People see a couple threads they dont want to read and start crying over it. Just dont read them if you really dont want to FFS.

I cant believe what I'm seeing with regards to the result to the poll.

In the first twenty threads, there are only three or four threads with transfer rumours. One is a generalised thread, so that is OK, one is about us not being able to extend the loan of a player currently at the club, one is a recommendation to sign Stephen Pressley, and worst of fucking all, and this is really quite messed up in my opinion:

The worst rumour thread, is something totally unsubstantiated, and happens to have been started by the guy who wants to complain about there being too many rumours and there not being a fucking transfer forum.

Perhaps, but what is the problem right now that people have to start complaining? People see a couple threads they dont want to read and start crying over it. Just dont read them if you really dont want to FFS.

Exactly. And any rumour is bound to provoke debate about our formations etc. etc. and that's why transfers are intrinsically linked with the 'general' discussion, even the most ludicrous ones are. Anyhow, even if all the transfers were moved into another forum, the fanciful ones would still be there and still annoy the general poster. The only way this situation is going to improve is if most of the posters realize such things like 'Adriano for the toon' is not going to happen and they should go back to playing FM.

77% voted 'yes'??! Fucking hell, are some people just too stupid that they're unable to decipher what a thread is about from the title of the thread?? That's what this is all about, isn't? The laziness of posters to not read a thread and/or their inability to only click on threads that interest them.

77% voted 'yes'??! Fucking hell, are some people just too stupid that they're unable to decipher what a thread is about from the title of the thread?? That's what this is all about, isn't? The laziness of posters to not read a thread and/or their inability to only click on threads that interest them.

So everyone who wants the wheat seperated from the chaff is either stupid or lazy, eh?

Why not merge the Football and General forums - I mean, if you don't want to read about Invicta Toon's love life or the Ashes just don't open the thread, right? :roll:

Bring back the Transfer Forum!

Bring back the General Football Forum!

Bring back Thread Moderation!

More wheat, less chaff, says I

Just for some idiot to post "we should sign Shevchenko, we have a chance, we're huge, and Chelsea love us"? Nah.

As good an argument as any.

We wouldn't need a separate forum for transfer talk if people could understand the difference between fantasy and real-world possibility. There should be a rule in place banning those who quote from clubcall, fansfc or their mate's mum tbh. bluebigrazz.gif