West Bromwich Albion vs Newcastle United - 20/04/13 @ 3pm (No TV)

Fenham Mag

West Brom (4-4-2): Foster; Jones, McAuley, Olsson, Popov; Dorrans, Yacob, Morrison, Brunt; Fortune, Lukaku

That's a poor team if we're honest we should have a chance.

You're being funny, yeah?

If not, Pardew and Sunderland says hello.

It's got to the point where it doesn't matter who plays as the manager has shown complete inability to get our team to play as a cohesive unit. I miss the days of blind faith going into games where you always had that feeling we could win no matter who we were playing, I find myself expecting to loose most weekends these days. For the record though I hope he proves me wrong and we win.. but I just don't see it.

West Brom (4-4-2): Foster; Jones, McAuley, Olsson, Popov; Dorrans, Yacob, Morrison, Brunt; Fortune, Lukaku

Aye, aye just saying I think that West Brom team is poor. Our shitness is unquestionable.

Lets not even bother playing it

Obviously I hope we win above all else, and will take no delight in us getting beat.

However like many I fear I know what's going to happen today. The team Pardew has put out is not far removed from what I'd pick in his position, but where we differ is how we'll utilise the players. He'll go for a rigid formation where we only attack with 3 or 4 men at once, meaning we're predictable and easy to defend against. He'll rely on a moment of genius from one of the front 3 to win us the game or get us a goal rather than pressurising the opposition and getting men forward. Our defence will sit deep whilst we attack, as will our two sitting midfielders. Two. Against fucking WBA.

So when we attack, we'll see the following (I've pushed Debuchy up further than Haidara due to his natural predisposition to bomb forward, irrespective of managerial instruction):

http://oi36.tinypic.com/2zrl20g.jpg

Tbh looking at it, I've probably pushed Taylor and Yanga-Mbiwa further up than Pardew will, he'll have them a good 10 yards further back than that.

When any decent, attack-minded manager rather than our incumbent coward would push the defence up, have only one sitting midfielder, and 2 midfielders trying to get into the box with the wide forwards actually offering some width whilst still being in a position to support the attack. If the ball goes wide, the corresponding fullback will be in a good position to overlap. Something like this:

http://oi36.tinypic.com/35338z7.jpg

I've watched many matches over the last week or 2 involving good attacking teams, and they all push the back line up to half-way and do something like the above. I urge everyone to watch other teams as well. Contrast that with how we play today and it's heartbreaking that we're so negative when we've got such a good team out there. There's a massive difference between attacking with 3-4 players and attacking with 5-6 players in how easy it is to defend against and how many options you give yourself when attacking.

Anyway let's hope we somehow sneak a win. Also personally I wouldn't play Perch, though I've no problem with him as such. I'd play Anita instead and drop Sissoko back to DM which I think is his more natural position, with Anita up supporting Cabaye in the AMC roles.

It's hardly fucking Brazil is it.

Now, now, dear. If we're lucky some individual perfomances will save us.

Will some individual performances not cause us to lose it too?

Will some individual performances not cause us to lose it too?

Mostly our tactician mastermind in charge.