Why Are NUFC Apologising For Its Supporters Behaviour?

Crumpy Gunt

Chief Superintendent Steve Neill said: “It’s possible the people involved hadn’t even been to the match, and in no way do they reflect the tens of thousands of true football supporters who attended the game to enjoy the occasion and support their team.”

So the copper charged with policing the match is happy to suggest that the idiots involved very likely hadn't been to the match. Yet...

A statement by NUFC read: “We were embarrassed and appalled by the behaviour of a minority of so-called fans who were involved in disturbances and disorder in Newcastle city centre after the match.

“The club will take the strongest possible action against those involved in the disturbances and will impose immediate lifetime bans on all those found guilty.”

Why the fuck are NUFC releasing statments proclaiming embarrassment when the embarrassment should lie with the parents of the scum throwing bottles and the idiot charged with policing the City. NUFC should say nothing until convictions are secured. NUFC can't be held responsible for civil disorder - the blame here lies with Northumbria Police being unable to cope. My feeling is that disorder is allowed and the Police contain, rather than deal with incidents as they know CCTV will provide the evidence and save them from actually having to deal with it at the moment it happens. Lazy and cheap policing.

Guest firetotheworks

It's not an apology, it's condemnation. These pricks are representing our city nationwide and all of us want to distance ourselves from them and their actions. The club is no different.

When are they going to apologise for the embarrassing scenes on the pitch?

:sadnod:

i don't want to hear or read any apologies from players or manager about Sunday, words mean nothing i just want them to go to WBA and get the 3 points. 

i don't want to hear or read any apologies from players or manager about Sunday, words mean nothing i just want them to go to WBA and get the 3 points.

Bingo.

Indeed, actions speak louder than words ever will.

Giving our fans more coverage for what they did after the game deflects attention from how s*** the players were during it and lessens / deflects any pressure on that coward Pardew.

That is absolute bollocks man, come on.

We all know we were terrible and Pardew is fucking useless etc etc, but the club have to say something about the antics of the 'fans'.

I want to hear an apology, and then them to get 3 points.

Giving our fans more coverage for what they did after the game deflects attention from how s*** the players were during it and lessens / deflects any pressure on that coward Pardew.

We all know we were terrible and Pardew is fucking useless etc etc, but the club have to say something about the antics of the 'fans'.

:thup: Ridiculous theory.

Most sensible people on here will be embarrassed as fans by what has been shown (and reported by the media as Newcastle fans, the Newcastle shirts don't help) so it makes sense for the club to issue a statement to say we do not condone this sort of behaviour.

The performance on the pitch/any apologies for it are completely unrelated even though I would like to see Pardew and the players holding their hands up and showing they appreciate how badly they let everyone down.

Chief Superintendent Steve Neill said: “It’s possible the people involved hadn’t even been to the match, and in no way do they reflect the tens of thousands of true football supporters who attended the game to enjoy the occasion and support their team.”

So the copper charged with policing the match is happy to suggest that the idiots involved very likely hadn't been to the match. Yet...

A statement by NUFC read: “We were embarrassed and appalled by the behaviour of a minority of so-called fans who were involved in disturbances and disorder in Newcastle city centre after the match.

“The club will take the strongest possible action against those involved in the disturbances and will impose immediate lifetime bans on all those found guilty.”

Why the f*** are NUFC releasing statments proclaiming embarrassment when the embarrassment should lie with the parents of the scum throwing bottles and the idiot charged with policing the City. NUFC should say nothing until convictions are secured. NUFC can't be held responsible for civil disorder - the blame here lies with Northumbria Police being unable to cope. My feeling is that disorder is allowed and the Police contain, rather than deal with incidents as they know CCTV will provide the evidence and save them from actually having to deal with it at the moment it happens. Lazy and cheap policing.

The police are in a no win position and I thought that they were brilliant around the ground before and after the game. 

Guest neesy111

He has said the antics have, not what NUFC have said.  Which is correct in my opinion, has deflected the national press off the game.