Why no playoffs?

Mike
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

15/16 pages...damn it Mike.

I hereby ban you from all Chinese takeaways here.

:lol: But where am I going to get my presumptuous shrimp eggrolls, Sifu?

I'll send you some myself. Sealed and approved.

:lol: I feel like it's slightly OTT that you want me to die because of this thread.

Gan read some papers man. Start with October 9th 2012.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Are we talking about real sports again now?

:lol: Right now in football, two threads are being bumped to the top.

The playoffs thread, and this one.

Because you won't let it die!

15/16 pages...damn it Mike.

I hereby ban you from all Chinese takeaways here.

:lol: But where am I going to get my presumptuous shrimp eggrolls, Sifu?

I'll send you some myself. Sealed and approved.

:lol: I feel like it's slightly OTT that you want me to die because of this thread.

I would miss you tbf :whistle: ;)

Yet another reason why the 'Other Sports' board should become a reality. This thread is now nothing about football.

:lol: It's 100 percent about football, man. We're just comparing notes as people of different cultures. We're arguing about this shit because we love your sport.

No your not.

You're arguing because you think tried and trusted formats that are different from US sports are inferior because they're not the same.

"Tried and trusted" :memelol:

"Tradition" I'll grant you. "Trusted" ffs. :lol:

Also, the wildly hilarious irony of that statement.

How it's not trusted, seems to have worked pretty well for the best part of 125 years.

I apologise for all the times I piled into whatever thread in Chat and suggesteddemanded the implementation of a league system because I found playoffs boring.

Where has anyone DEMANDED the implementation of a playoff system? :lol:

If you don't have a problem with the same 3-4 teams winning the league only because they've spent the most money, we're on complete opposite ends of the universe.

But I have a feeling we want the same things here. Playoff system is one way to achieve some kind of parity. Not as ideal as real FFP/salary cap, but it's worked well in Americans sports. It was a suggestion ffs.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

This thread is proof enough that American fans still have much to learn about football. I wish you well in your future education.

This thread is proof enough that American fans still have much to learn about football. I wish you well in your future education.

Beckham's excursion there was basically pointless (although having just typed that, I realise Beckham was never going to teach them anything really).

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Beckham's excursion there was basically pointless (although having just typed that, I realise Beckham was never going to teach them anything really).

The Almighty World Ambassador of Football Sir David Beckham tried his hardest, however, it was like trying to teach cats how to water ski.

You're off your game today, man. You're usually much better in your attempts to get Americans to bite. Practice some more and try again later.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

No attempts for bites, yet if I was I've had two already seemingly.

I've presented the reasons it wouldn't work and none of you have replied to them outside of snide remarks and accusations of 'fishing'.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Pardew would be shit at play offs.

As if we'd be anywhere near the Playoffs for the World Series of Soccer.  :lol:

I've presented the reasons it wouldn't work and none of you have replied to them outside of snide remarks and accusations of 'fishing'.

:lol: Come on, man. You said it's always the same teams, we showed you it wasn't.

Pardew would be shit at play offs.

:lol: He would be absolutely terrible at them. If we even made it we would lose and it would be absolutely heartbreaking for all of us, but a slim chance is better than absolutely no chance.

edit: Absolutely is the word of the day, I guess.

To be fair a few of us have been on your side of the argument. Don't see what's so harmful about discussing something that will never ever happen (other than being a waste of time), though I am surprised that this thread has reached 17 pages. It's an interesting 'what if' but nothing more.