Alan Pardew

Mike

I enjoyed Nixon's recent article about us now having a team to be proud of.

That lad is living proof that the last thing you need to be a football journalist is to know the first thing about football. Thick as two short planks.

Seems harsh as fuck that like, he's a nice lad from my experience.  Which article you on about anyway?

http://espnfc.com/feature/_/id/1408980/kristan-heneage:-valiant-newcastle-bow-out-with-grace?cc=5739

"Able to share a smile as he gave his post match press conference, Pardew's focus was on the future and once again qualifying for the Thursday night competition. Although Newcastle's 44-year wait for success will now extend itself by at least one more season, their wait for a team to be truly proud of following 2009's relegation is now over."

I don't doubt he's canny. So's my grandma. She knows more about football.

If we do go down we will be down there ages this time, total different ball game thus time player wise. We had some players that gave a f*** then.

Aye because they showed how much they gave in our battle stay up in 09..... oh wait.

The reason why i agree it would be harder to go straight back up again is because of the wage bill.... last time some of our players were on such high wages that clubs refused to pay it so they stayed leading to us having a team which was well above a usual championship team.

Won't be the case if we go down this time, f*ck all to do with the players caring.

http://espnfc.com/feature/_/id/1408980/kristan-heneage:-valiant-newcastle-bow-out-with-grace?cc=5739

"Able to share a smile as he gave his post match press conference, Pardew's focus was on the future and once again qualifying for the Thursday night competition. Although Newcastle's 44-year wait for success will now extend itself by at least one more season, their wait for a team to be truly proud of following 2009's relegation is now over."

I don't doubt he's canny. So's my grandma. She knows more about football.

:jesuswept:

Guest firetotheworks

That lad is living proof that the last thing you need to be a football journalist is to know the first thing about football. Thick as two short planks.

Seems harsh as f*** that like, he's a nice lad from my experience.  Which article you on about anyway?

Aye, no need tbh. Regardless of differences in opinion, there's no need for the petty name calling.

If we do go down we will be down there ages this time, total different ball game thus time player wise. We had some players that gave a f*** then.

Aye because they showed how much they gave in our battle stay up in 09..... oh wait.

The reason why i agree it would be harder to go straight back up again is because of the wage bill.... last time some of our players were on such high wages that clubs refused to pay it so they stayed leading to us having a team which was well above a usual championship team.

Won't be the case if we go down this time, f*ck all to do with the players caring.

Maybe so but Nolan/Barton type characters gave a fuck enough to drag us back up.  But yeah, their wages helped.

Seems harsh as f*** that like, he's a nice lad from my experience.  Which article you on about anyway?

Aye, no need tbh. Regardless of differences in opinion, there's no need for the petty name calling.

:thup: Nixon hadn't been mentioned and that article is about Benfica. Absolutely no need to bring him up at all. Regardless of his opinions.

Maybe so but Nolan/Barton type characters gave a f*** enough to drag us back up.  But yeah, their wages helped.

Wouldn't put Barton in the same boat as Nolan tbh.... but anyway i wasn't talking about just them, Colo and Jonas too they would have been off if their wages wasn't so high.

:thup: Nixon hadn't been mentioned and that article is about Benfica. Absolutely no need to bring him up at all. Regardless of his opinions.

He was mentioned but whoever it was deleted it.

Anyway he's a "journalist", what sets him above criticism unlike another cretin like Lee Ryder? Cos he used to post utter shit on here as opposed to sticking it straight in the newspaper?

Not having that like.

Nixon's a great lad but Wullie's right to an extent. Been on Ashley's side for ages.

I'm on Ashley's side as well. There isn't any other side to take. Ashley's clueless like a lot of owners but his biggest failing has been in thinking he can get by with mates as managers. As we've seen you can give a buffoon a squad packed with internationals but a manager with less resources but better management skills can still do far better.

Anybody who comes out with shit like the quote from the Benfica match deserves a kick in the bollocks, never mind name calling.  Every single person who backs Pardew are helping to keep him in a job as far as I'm concerned as it reduces the pressure on him and the club.

Anybody who comes out with shit like the quote from the Benfica match deserves a kick in the bollocks, never mind name calling.  Every single person who backs Pardew are helping to keep him in a job as far as I'm concerned as it reduces the pressure on him and the club.

I can't believe the date, had Ryder come out with that shit everyone on here would be tearing him apart.

Stupid shit like that is why Pardew still has support and why sjp doesn't quite realise its in a massive fucking fight to stay in the division.

Guest firetotheworks

Anyway he's a "journalist", what sets him above criticism unlike another cretin like Lee Ryder? Cos he used to post utter s*** on here as opposed to sticking it straight in the newspaper?

Not having that like.

Nothing wrong with criticism. It just seems a bit shit to insult someone personally on here that was on here. There just seems something sly about it, like it's behind their back. It's poor form imo.

I can't believe the date, had Ryder come out with that s*** everyone on here would be tearing him apart.

Stupid s*** like that is why Pardew still has support and why sjp doesn't quite realise its in a massive f***ing fight to stay in the division.

I agree.

Anyway he's a "journalist", what sets him above criticism unlike another cretin like Lee Ryder? Cos he used to post utter s*** on here as opposed to sticking it straight in the newspaper?

Not having that like.

Didn't see that deleted post. Makes a canny difference. Of course no journalist is above criticism, not one person suggested otherwise in the absolute slightest. There are plenty of others that back Pardew, plenty of others that talk shit on here, and plenty of journalists chatting shit. What you wrote seemed needlessly personal. Of course I'm sure you understand why myself and others, questioned why you'd brought him up?

Just in from the match. Has this cheeky prick not resigned yet?

New 10 year deal, if we don't like it mike extends its to 12.

But of all the colourful claims made by Llambias perhaps the one that will not be disputed by Toon fans is: "You guys don’t understand how f****** horrible we can be.”