Alan Pardew

Mike

Guest bimpy474

Spoke to a West Ham who loved Pardew, his West Ham team played good football etc.

:memelol:

My brother says the same thing (Wham fan). Pardew is like some sort of Jim Jones cult leader, his football is shit and some just don't see what's under their nose.

Guest Nixon

He's got a point.

The English league is really physical. There's definitely a lean towards power over grace, more so than any other top league in Europe. In certain situations you really don't get time to think and you have to become wise as to when those avenues present themselves. Compare it with the French league and I bet the biggest surprise for the new guys has been the speed and relentless pace of it. You look at Mathieu Debuchy for example and I don't think he's at peak physical fitness.

I think it was Jermaine Jones who actually commented on the difference once. I'm paraphrasing but he said he had gone from one of the fittest players in the Bundesliga to mid-level here. Again though Pardew's comments only serve to highlight another one of his mistakes. Throwing all of the new players in quickly and together means you have nearly half your team trying to acclimatise. What you need to do is slowly introduce them and surround them by those who know what it is like.

That way they can coach them and explain the nuances of it. I know he mentioned Haidara wasn't supposed to see the light of day this season, so it suggests he kind of understands it. I think when we lost Coloccini he really should have reverted to familiarity. Williamson, Obertan, Simpson etc. They aren't better players than Haidara, MYM, but they know how we play and would make us more difficult to break down.

Then we could have seen the likes of Sissoko flourish without the pressure of having to lead the team. Instead he along with the four new players have been thrust forward as 'the answer'.

It's just more of his shitty excuses that you're falling for. 

We're not in the position we are because of who came in during January, we were in the s*** before they arrived.  He also has a role in where we buy from and who we buy so he's once again chatting s***.

I think it is an amalgamation of numerous factors. All of which (bar perhaps the personal performance of some players) he has caused. I agree with a lot of his excuses, but what he consistently seems to forget is that they occurred because of decisions he made.

I think it is an amalgamation of numerous factors. All of which (bar perhaps the personal performance of some players) he has caused. I agree with a lot of his excuses, but what he consistently seems to forget is that they occurred because of decisions he made.

:thup:

My West Ham mate thinks he's the devil incarnate...

I f***ing disagree.  At least the devil has a working system.

He loves crosses and hoofs too much to be the devil's incarnate.

To be fair at Reading, Charlton and West Ham he did play some free flowing attacking football. It wasn't always hoof it up to Ashton or Harewood like at the end of his tenure.

His tactics since he has been here have been completely different to former clubs. Albeit ultimately he has been just as useless and clueless when it comes to changes. Trying to play attractive football was a lesser concern for me when we hired Pardew, unfortunately is soon turned out to be one of the highest due to his new negative approach.

Guest icemanblue

Wow, that's good! :lol:

:clap:

If we stay up and Pardew goes, I do hope we get the right man in irrespective of Premiership experience. Look at this list of permanent appointments we've made based on Premiership experience because we're afraid that managers who don't "know" this league might not do well:

- Dalglish

- Gullitt

- Souness

- Roeder

- Allardyce

- Kinnear

- Pardew

Compared to this (no experience of managing in the Premiership):

- Keegan

- Bobby Robson

- Chris Hughton

This squad we have is easily the best since the Sir Bobby era in terms of talent. The right manager could work wonders with it by simply getting them back to basics, passing and moving, attacking as a unit, showing for each other, etc etc, as opposed to rigidly staying in position and eventually lumping it in behind Cisse with blind hope. Any manager capable of "coaching" talented players would be a major improvement and would comfortably have this lot in the top half of the table at the very least.

I'm leaning Benitez not only because of his Prem experience & overseas experience but because he has handled the pressure really well at Chelsea.

He's been given stick all season and they could end up winning the Europa and 3rd in the Prem.

I'd love Benitez here but I'm struggling to think of a single reason why he'd want the Newcastle job. Money would be the obvious one but that's out of the question. He'll have loads of better offers when he leaves Chelsea.

I'd love Benitez here but I'm struggling to think of a single reason why he'd want the Newcastle job. Money would be the obvious one but that's out of the question. He'll have loads of better offers when he leaves Chelsea.

If its money hes after he'll not be getting in from this club. :)

Maybe he wants a challenge. At least we don't exactly have high expectations, contrary to popular myth.

I'm leaning Benitez not only because of his Prem experience & overseas experience but because he has handled the pressure really well at Chelsea.

He's been given stick all season and they could end up winning the Europa and 3rd in the Prem.

They've spent half a billion.

With him there?

With him there?

No he's only allowed to use the reserve players.

If we stay up and Pardew goes, I do hope we get the right man in irrespective of Premiership experience. Look at this list of permanent appointments we've made based on Premiership experience because we're afraid that managers who don't "know" this league might not do well:

- Dalglish

- Gullitt

- Souness

- Roeder

- Allardyce

- Kinnear

- Pardew

Compared to this (no experience of managing in the Premiership):

- Keegan

- Bobby Robson

- Chris Hughton

This squad we have is easily the best since the Sir Bobby era in terms of talent. The right manager could work wonders with it by simply getting them back to basics, passing and moving, attacking as a unit, showing for each other, etc etc, as opposed to rigidly staying in position and eventually lumping it in behind Cisse with blind hope. Any manager capable of "coaching" talented players would be a major improvement and would comfortably have this lot in the top half of the table at the very least.

Keegan and Bobby had plenty of experience at the very top level of English football. Hughton, as well as we did with him in the Championship, doesn't really belong there.