Alan Pardew

Mike

There's going to be a lot of disappointed people come August.

Yep. Agreed. Even more so by Xmas when he's naffed up another few months by buying ageing turd under the banner of 'experience innit'.

He's already lost the players. The trade mark of his previous reigns is that he ends up pissing off every one within the club. Llambias looked pissed off against Liverpool. Ashley was probably pissed off whilst doing a strip tease in a Las Vegas club.

He's already lost the players. The trade mark of his previous reigns is that he ends up pissing off every one within the club. Llambias looked p*ssed off against Liverpool. Ashley was probably p*ssed off whilst doing a strip tease in a Las Vegas club.

Yep, I think there is a collective "letes get this club safe" mentality at the moment but I think he has lost the players.  Once the season has finished and we know where we stand,  I think he'll be peddled.

I think the club need to move him on and show strong leadership here, to send a message out to the fans that they are serious and mean business.

There's going to be a lot of disappointed people come August.

http://i.minus.com/ibkG3mN1LrSB3X.gif

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAGAHAGGAAHGAAGHHHHHHAAAAAAAAA.

Please just fuck off Alan. You have no friends and your Swedish wife is bucking her personal trainer.

My new theory is that his wages are high this season based on last years success and would therefor result in a big payoff if sacked. However, his wages will drop significantly in the very near future due to how low we're finishing this season and will result in a far smaller payoff. I hope that's why they're waiting to sack him.

Are people still seriously discussing whether Ashley would have to pay up the whole contract?!

He's one of the UK's shrewdest, most ruthless and most successful businessmen, not a f***ing idiot.  There is absolutely no chance, not even the slightest thread of a chance that he's left himself open to that possibility.

As alluded to up there ^ the contract length was almost certainly put in place to protect us if another team or even England wanted to poach him.

Ashley must be thinking, now why would anyone want to poach Pardew lol

You may think that, but look at how many managers & people in football seemed to rate players like Smith, Butt, etc. even after they'd been demonstrably abysmal for us for years.  Hell, we hired that fuckwit Souness even when he was on the verge of being sacked by Blackburn.

Suffice to say, a lot of people in football are absolute idiots who pay far more attention to media friends and clueless pundits than they do to their own eyes.

I think he'll get some games next season. Been a horrible season, hes done poorly & is overly cautious when things arent going well. However cant go with the herd theory that hes now worthless as i believe that he did have a good part to play in us finishing 5th previously & the clear difference between the two seasons has been that his previous system of preperation couldnt happen due to the extra games.

Whether the players now believe in him is another issue also as people say. If we can get someone better im all for it.

I think he'll get some games next season. Been a horrible season, hes done poorly & is overly cautious when things arent going well. However cant go with the herd theory that hes now worthless as i believe that he did have a good part to play in us finishing 5th previously & the clear difference between the two seasons has been that his previous system of preperation couldnt happen due to the extra games.

Whether the players now believe in him is another issue also as people say. If we can get someone better im all for it.

What a strange caveat 'if we can get someone better'. Wouldn't everyone say that? The point is that it's always a risk, just is the risk worth taking given the calibre of candidate we could attract, i.e. not the best. Would Laudrup be better than Pardew? Answer that and stick your neck out. 'If we can get someone better', i mean, you can apply that to every employee at the club..

After 2 full seasons i still have no idea about his visions. I have never seen such a talented squad play so uninspiring for so long. Well, last season i could see/follow his preferred direct style...but we were often lucky and the only thing that kept us going and made us enjoyable to watch were the players willingness to fight for each other (which started under Hughton). That spirit is (almost) gone...

Im not being overly harsh when i say its some of the worst football i ever witnessed. Also players being mismanaged so badly - it cant go on. Our players must be so frustrated.

Think he will be here for the new season....sadly.

It's vital for the whole club that he goes ASAP.

He can't stay over the summer. We need our best players to stay to avoid a major rebuilding project that will cost a lot of money. I simply can't see many of them willing to hang around while we have this turd in charge. We're 2-3 players away from a squad good enough to compete for top four, but only with a decent manager in charge. It'll take some work to assemble these players again. Our reputation could well be signifcantly hurt by this shithouse of a period. It has to be associated and go away with Pardew, not Newcastle United.

It's vital for the whole club that he goes ASAP.

He can't stay over the summer. We need our best players to stay to avoid a major rebuilding project that will cost a lot of money. I simply can't see many of them willing to hang around while we have this turd in charge. We're 2-3 players away from a squad good enough to compete for top four, but only with a decent manager in charge. It'll take some work to assemble these players again. Our reputation could well be signifcantly hurt by this shithouse of a period. It has to be associated and go away with Pardew, not Newcastle United.

i also believe we only are 2-3 quality players from top 4-6. But the most important thing for his club is to show that they have this ambition. They can only show it by appointing an exciting manager. Otherwise players will start thinking about leaving. They might have long contracts but that doesn´t matter if they are not happy/motivated.

only one solution imo

Strange idea that players all need to be 'willing to hang around'. They contracted and we're under no obligation to sell anyone.

Very naive IMO.

As if there's no precedent in football for increased player power in these matters.

What a strange caveat 'if we can get someone better'. Wouldn't everyone say that? The point is that it's always a risk, just is the risk worth taking given the calibre of candidate we could attract, i.e. not the best. Would Laudrup be better than Pardew? Answer that and stick your neck out. 'If we can get someone better', i mean, you can apply that to every employee at the club..

Im not sure everyone would add the word if to that sentence seeing peoples views on Pardew at this point. Id be open to Laudrup coming yeah, i dont see why he'd leave Swansea at the moment.

Strange idea that players all need to be 'willing to hang around'. They contracted and we're under no obligation to sell anyone.

Very naive IMO.

As if there's no precedent in football for increased player power in these matters.

There's also a precedent for Mike Ashley not being messed around by anyone.

Very naive IMO.

http://i4.chroniclelive.co.uk/incoming/article1760833.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/Dave-Whelan-1760833.jpg

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00449/Dennis_Wise_449044a.jpg

http://www.nufcblog.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/alan-pardew-smiling.jpg

I can't believe how much of an easy ride Pardew has had from the fans, some knackers were singing 'Alan Pardew's Black and White Army' at Upton Park on Saturday ffs, although thankfully no one joined in.

I know we're in a relegation battle and people don't want stuff like the Hull game in 2009 to happen again but still, he's had it very easy away from the internet...

Needs to go ASAP though, no excuse for this season whatsoever, could've lived with a season of mid table mediocrity and then let him have the Summer and next year but this is ridiculous. His tactics, subs, everything is absolutely laughable. Nearly exploded when he brought Stroller on for Ben Arfa on Saturday, what a fucking idiot.

Very naive IMO.

And there's also a precedent for Mike Ashley being extremely tight and prudent with money and I can't see him letting a player sit in the reserves as a matter of principle  when he could take a transfer fee.

I think he'll do better next year, as long as the Summer isn't disastrous in terms of outgoings. His work with the team is now far simpler compared to a year ago and a framework can be laid down for the squad he's got. Hopefully, with the pressure gone he'll return to the mentality that we saw at the back end of last year which was far better to watch than this turgid crap.

I'd still rather have someone else but it just won't happen.

Very naive IMO.

And there's also a precedent for Mike Ashley being extremely tight and prudent with money and I can't see him letting a player sit in the reserves as a matter of principle  when he could take a transfer fee.

Fair point I suppose, depends how vociferous the player is about moving. Hopefully it won't come to that.