Alan Pardew

Mike

He has used countless s**** excuses in the past but with this one he has a good point.

It depends on whether we would have got Sissoko, Debuchy, Gouffran, Haidara and Yanga Mbiwa as well. In fact, nah. What am I even doing entertaining it!? He's full of absolute shit man. I would sympathise if he actually endeavoured to getting the best out of Cisse's game, or anyone else's for that matter.

I agree but we did lose our top goalscorer, he and we thought he was being replaced and he wasn't. That's their fault really, not his.

Possibly; had quite the epiphany on this though hasn't he? Too many other deflective excuses provided to give this one credence.

Just goes to show how desperate he really is.  He's run out of ideas of how to turn it round, and has resorted to pulling out all the classics and a few  :dowie: ones to try and deflect the shit storm that's on its way. 

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/outta-here.gif

Every day I read this thread and all the arguments and counter arguments about Pardew and whether or not he should be given more time, more support, more chances or whatever and all are ridiculous! How sane and reasoned people can argue that this man is anything other than a yes man that comes across well in press conferences and satiates the media with interviews and soundbites is beyond me, he has the persona of wanting to be every ones best mate whether it's them in the boardroom, the media or just a normal guy on the street - Pardew wants to be liked. The fact of the matter is that he's completely useless at this level and with this amount of responsibility, despite all the vitriol (a lot of it justified) the Ashley regime has had directed towards them they have managed to assemble a very talented and potentially exciting squad which has had all flair, confidence and coherence drilled out of it by Pardew and his anti-tactics. These players for the most part have been sourced by Carr and his support staff and they have rightly received widespread praise, however think about those that Pardew has signed and Obertan springs to mind, someone that was recommended to him by Manure, because I'm sure they'd want to do us (just a small club from the north east) a favour in giving us a good player, if Pardew had any sense he could see that the lad wasn't cut out for the Premier League. Yes Pardew won both manager awards last season but that was more through default than any other reason and surely more of a reflection of his contemporaries surprise at our performance in the league. We were still abysmal in the cups. Last season we were playing with confidence and getting lucky a lot of the time, winning bred more confidence and this spurred the players on to ride the crest of the wave with the chance of getting into the top 4 going into the last day of the season. I would argue that very little of this was down to Pardew's coaching methods. Despite this success last year there were still glaring signs and examples that Pardew is tactically inept and incapable of putting a team out that can play with any form of identity and style, winning those awards just masked over the cracks. He's never been a good manager and never will be and those that bought into his pally approach and supposed motivational abilities based on last season are finally seeing him for what he is. I've never liked him as a manager or a person and the sooner we are rid of this goon the better. Regardless of whether or not we get relegated this season Pardew must go and we must move forward with a manager that has some tactical nous and the ability to manage a talented squad.

Apologies for the length of the post but just had to vent.

You know what I hate? Paragraphs.

Guest fraser

I'm an aspirational cook. I look at recipes and think how lovely the meal would be and buy all of the ingredients. In the kitchen, radio playing, we're off, 50g of this, 3oz of that, oven temperature at 180c or, for fuck's sake, 380f; what's  that all about? This is fucking shit, I'm sorry but it's all too much... can I just do the Victoria Sponge please? No jam.

Shit cake.

@raisbeck10: Alan Pardew concedes he could go even if #nufc survive. Hear his thoughts on Mike Ashley & the future on #totalsport @bbcnewcastle from 5.30

Could be a good listen later

Did Pards actually admit/say this?

If he did say that it's fecking unbelievable.  Makes it sound like he's the victim.  It's like some bin dipper on the jeremy kyle show being proven to be a serial womaniser and being accused of sleeping with his Mrs sister and coming out with the statement "even if the lie detector test proves I didn't sleep with her sister she'd probably still kick me out".

Mark Douglas ‏@MsiDouglas 2m

In the Journal tomorrow: candid Pardew talks Colo, Remy and his own job prospects. Fascinating press conference today.

Local media with their fingers on the pulse as always.

Guest strongbow69

Mark Douglas ‏@MsiDouglas 2m

In the Journal tomorrow: candid Pardew talks Colo, Remy and his own job prospects. Fascinating press conference today.

Local media with their fingers on the pulse as always.

so to summarise >

he may go/ he may not go

he was going to come/ he didnt come

I may stay/ I may go

fascinating

@raisbeck10: Alan Pardew concedes he could go even if #nufc survive. Hear his thoughts on Mike Ashley & the future on #totalsport @bbcnewcastle from 5.30

Could be a good listen later

Did Pards actually admit/say this?

If he did say that it's fecking unbelievable.  Makes it sound like he's the victim.  It's like some bin dipper on the jeremy kyle show being proven to be a serial womaniser and being accused of sleeping with his Mrs sister and coming out with the statement "even if the lie detector test proves I didn't sleep with her sister she'd probably still kick me out".

I think all he's saying is that his future is in Mike Ashley's hands. If we get relegated its up to Ashley whether AP stays or goes, and if we stay up Ashley may still decide he agrees with the majority on here and gets rid. Haven't seen or heard the full transcript but at first glance it doesn't smack of playing a victim card tbh.

So there could be a light at the end of the tunnel...judging by those quotes anyway. Hopefully as soon as the final whistle goes at St James' in 2 weeks, it will be the last we see of him there for a long, long time.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Aye and then Curbishley can bring us to glory.

Every single managerial appointment this board have made has been a failure... why are people so sure that trend is going to break?

Aye and then Curbishley can bring us to glory.

Every single managerial appointment this board have made has been a failure... why are people so sure that trend is going to break?

There's one key difference between Ashley's previous managerial appointments and future ones.... Graham Carr.

He finally has someone who has contacts in the game and who understands the game to take advice from.

For this reason i'm not worried at all and why i want him out as soon as the as as the final whistle blows against Arsenal and a search conducted for a replacement ASAP.

I don't know why anyone would want to give him til Xmas. Even if it was worth the risk to see if he could turn it round (which I don't believe it is) its so much harder to find a decent manager midseason if it goes tits up. It would be much more pertinent to get a manager in now and give him a preseason to acclimatise to the club and players and get the squad playing like he wants than to throw him in at the deep end, when given the circumstances to Pardew being sacked we'd need an immediate upturn in results.

I just think if we were to sack him at Xmas we'd end up with a rush appointment and back at square one and writing ANOTHER season off to "transition". It makes so much more sense to cut ties now so we can prepare for next season and put this all in our torrid past!

I don't know why anyone would want to give him til Xmas. Even if it was worth the risk to see if he could turn it round (which I don't believe it is) its so much harder to find a decent manager midseason if it goes tits up. It would be much more pertinent to get a manager in now and give him a preseason to acclimatise to the club and players and get the squad playing like he wants than to throw him in at the deep end, when given the circumstances to Pardew being sacked we'd need an immediate upturn in results.

I just think if we were to sack him at Xmas we'd end up with a rush appointment and back at square one and writing ANOTHER season off to "transition". It makes so much more sense to cut ties now so we can prepare for next season and put this all in our torrid past!

I don't think anyone has said that though, have they? I've said a few times that I think that's what the club will do; look at where we are by then before considering any change. It's about half the season (ie a fair crack of the whip) and if we're still around the lower regions of the league with a few of this season's humiliations thrown in then they might put the trigger. Allows for any new manager to make changes in January too.

Doesn't mean I 'want to give him until Christmas'.