Alan Pardew

Mike

A few people have said, a few times, that, with the right investment in the summer and reduced fixtures next season, we could conceivably go on to have a similar season to last year. That'd be an improvement, for me. I'd be more than happy to have to endure another season like that.

What world are you/they living in? A season like last season is never going to lead to sustainable success. Bloody hell.

What happens the season after that too? More Europa League football therefore another relegation battle? We might improve the squad, but we will be losing players as well. We need a manager who is capable of making something happen with this squad, whether we're in Europe or not. There are plenty of options out there too but people seem convinced that no one of any quality wants to touch us.

Also how is it an improvement to match last seasons achievements having invested small last summer, big in January and presumably big this summer? That to me seems like a lot of investment to stand in the same place as last year, having nearly lost our place in the Premier League in between. Of course you could just look at us this season and suggest anything above 17th etc is an improvement, but if anything this season shows how Pardew is incapable or doing a job here. We should have been aiming to beat, match or get very close to last seasons achievements this year and look where we are.

Considering Pardew's history with clubs when they start going do i'd say we do....

Southampton, West Ham and Reading, once they went south he couldn't do anything to prevent the slide.

When did Southampton go 'south' under his time there?

It's lazy accusations like this which undermine this "history of Pardew suggests he'll be shit" argument.

They appointed Adkins a few weeks after Pardew was fired and now, only 3 years on, they're on course to finish above us so that's how easy a job it was for a good manager.

What are you trying to infer here..?

I can't see how what you've written supports the assertion that Southampton were on the slide when Pardew was fired.

I have seen nothing in his two seasons in charge to suggest we'll improve next season.  The results might get a bit better (they couldnt get much worse) but we still have no discernible style further than backs to the wall and hoof it to the big lad totally unsuited to the role poacher up front.

Our movement off the ball is non-existent, we have no pattern of play, our tactical changes and substitutions are baffling at best and the most damning indictment of all, he has made a group of very talented players look ordinary and one paced.  It's telling that the new lads started with a bang and have gradually become more and more ineffective in almost direct proportion to the amount of time he has had to coach them.

We can buy the best players in the world but if the effect of our traning and coaching sessions is to drag them down into negative mediocrity then we might as well save the money and just buy a load of cloggers.

The latest quotes don't change anything imo - Ashley is the big unpredictable variable in the equation, it could very much go either way.

Assuming of course we stay up - if we go down, he's gone for sure.

Guest Dontooner

Just one word to describe this bastard ..................."Fraud"

What could be? on Remy ..

And all that self pity...

Ocean full of excuses over the course of the season

And right at the End he is still ranting on about himself rather than the club....

Egotistic Bastard, Fuck OFF

Alan Pardew reveals he is hurting about results but doesn't fear the sack

Having handed Pardew an eight-year contract, Ashley would also be contradicting his own policy of trying to maintain stability.

Pardew, who says he is hurt at any suggestion he landed golden handcuffs as manager when he signed the long deal, told the Chronicle: “I never fear for my job.

“I don’t think my contract is cast-iron either.

“I’m not going to say ‘that doesn’t matter – I’ve got a long contract’.

“I’m hurting about performances, I’m hurting about the way we’ve played.

"I’m hurting about results – we should have had better results.”

Pardew’s side will be the worst ever away performers in the club’s Premier League history should

they fail to beat QPR. However, Pardew has tried to claw some positives out of a season of misery for most fans.

“But we haven’t got the points.

“For somebody who prides himself on tactical knowledge and the way I assemble teams, that’s been a major disappointment.”

Pardew accepted yesterday that Ashley could fire him at the end of the season – even if the Magpies survive.

Yet he said it wouldn’t affect his thinking going into the final three matches.

He said: “In terms of my confidence, and worrying – no.

"The only worry I’ve got is getting this team safe this year.

"After the year we’ve had, I’ll treat that as a minor – a little – success.”

Some people seem to think it's a bad time for a new manager to come in for some reason. I'd say it's the perfect time. Pardew has set the bar so low that for an attack minded manager with a team of internationals, it would be impossible (I mean that in a very literal sense) to do a worse job.

:thup:

Said it before but us getting a decent manager in with this squad and a couple more players in, I would be more excited for the coming season than I have been for a very, very long time.

"For somebody who prides himself on tactical knowledge and the way I assemble teams, that’s been a major disappointment.”

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3a33ltq5k1qe4yei.gif

"For somebody who prides himself on tactical knowledge and the way I assemble teams, that’s been a major disappointment.”

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3a33ltq5k1qe4yei.gif

Aye this bit got me as well. would love to see some tactics pardew

Some of his comments today are really strange. Maybe I'm reading too much into it but it seems to me it's as if he knows he's gone already.

So assuming we gain safety either tomorrow or on Tuesday do you think he will be gone before the end of the season or do you think he will be gone at the end of the season no matter when/if we gain safety?

I don't know why anyone would want to give him til Xmas. Even if it was worth the risk to see if he could turn it round (which I don't believe it is) its so much harder to find a decent manager midseason if it goes tits up. It would be much more pertinent to get a manager in now and give him a preseason to acclimatise to the club and players and get the squad playing like he wants than to throw him in at the deep end, when given the circumstances to Pardew being sacked we'd need an immediate upturn in results.

I just think if we were to sack him at Xmas we'd end up with a rush appointment and back at square one and writing ANOTHER season off to "transition". It makes so much more sense to cut ties now so we can prepare for next season and put this all in our torrid past!

I don't think anyone has said that though, have they? I've said a few times that I think that's what the club will do; look at where we are by then before considering any change. It's about half the season (ie a fair crack of the whip) and if we're still around the lower regions of the league with a few of this season's humiliations thrown in then they might put the trigger. Allows for any new manager to make changes in January too.

Doesn't mean I 'want to give him until Christmas'.

I never said you par se, it's a time frame I've heard people talking about and fans not necessarily on here. The comment wasn't directed at anyone in particular and meant just as much about MA and DL as it was anyone else. I stick by what I said, give him until midseason and we've wasted another season, missed out on any decent managers and are throwing someone in at the deep end.

It just makes more sense to do it now, no?

If we are planning on shifting him it needs to be asap, none of this "lets weigh up how the season has gone" bollocks.

Get him out and a new manager in straight away, I hope if they are planning to sack him we are already pretty close to confirming the new manager, we were when we sacked Hughton tbf.

Win on Sunday, get rid. Let the new manager have the last game and training before it etc.. to get to know the squad a little bit and give him the whole summer to asses what we need to bring in and how best we set up.

Guest neesy111

I can't really see Ashley wanting to do a review of the season bollocks tbh.  He'll either want rid or will give him a last chance.

If we are planning on shifting him it needs to be asap, none of this "lets weigh up how the season has gone" bollocks.

Get him out and a new manager in straight away, I hope if they are planning to sack him we are already pretty close to confirming the new manager, we were when we sacked Hughton tbf.

Win on Sunday, get rid. Let the new manager have the last game and training before it etc.. to get to know the squad a little bit and give him the whole summer to asses what we need to bring in and how best we set up.

Heart says yes, mind says he will stay for next season.  :(

I can't really see Ashley wanting to do a review of the season bollocks tbh.  He'll either want rid or will give him a last chance.

It was probably a Pardew quote I got that idea from so should have been dismissed from my mind instantly tbf :lol:

I just hope we do make a decision straight away, unlike some of our player recruitment where we decide we like a player but then seem to spend weeks/months weighing up what they are actually worth.