Alan Pardew

Mike

I still don't get what HF is on about. :lol:

He's saying the stats show that Pards isn't as bad as we make out he is.

At the same time he does also say it stats are used to compromise your own ideas. In the end anyone who has seen us play this season know we've been absolute garbage for 80% of the season.

Kind of wish this whole forum could just be shut down until at least our first summer signing/sale. The same regurgitated tripe every day, but it seems I'm addicted to regurgitated tripe. Think its like me mam's addiction to Casualty. She must kna in her heart of hearts that its going to be the same rubbish as last week and Charlie still won't find the love he craves, but she tunes in. We need a big new storyline. In short, Dave is Charlie off of Casualty.

That post is crazy, are you forced to come on here?

It's Foluwashola man, what'd you expect?

Guest Howaythetoon

But the football does....

Has anyone from Toontastic complimented Chez yet? I've got one written but I didn't want to be double counting.

Yourself, Chez and HF were always quality posters here. Wish you'd all come here more often.

I'm still baffled by that comment from Pardew about getting Tiote OUT of the habit of just winning it and giving it. He seems to have been worse and worse since then.

It's all he should be doing as far as I'm concerned.

Interesting to know if he still believes that, it was ages ago.

Has anyone from Toontastic complimented Chez yet? I've got one written but I didn't want to be double counting.

Yourself, Chez and HF were always quality posters here. Wish you'd all come here more often.

:thup:

Pleased to see y'all knocking about.

Guest Gemmill

Whoa, a tripler? Who are you on Toontastic then? ;)

Btw Wullie and Dave (to a lesser extent). You've become very cynical blokes. You used to be full of life (Wullie to a lesser extent ;) ). The Internet has aged you both terribly.

Whoa, a tripler? Who are you on Toontastic then? ;)

Btw Wullie and Dave (to a lesser extent). You've become very cynical blokes. You used to be full of life (Wullie to a lesser extent ;) ). The Internet has aged you both terribly.

I'm not, but I used to be billytray on here. Probably time to return to my former name come to think of it.

I'm saying we can surely dig a little deeper than JUST that "He's shit"

Pardew is still pummelled for favouring hoof ball.  Despite us generally not actually resorting to it until late on in games.  I say that's the poorer players last line of defence.  Not Pardews "vision".

Even if you think we have played hoofball all game every game, I think that's become less valid as the season has worn on.  We are MUCH less reliant upon it.  But complaints about it have kept rising because lazy people criticise our perceived problems rather than the actual ones.

Guest bimpy474

Yeah alright, and i'm married to Wonder Woman.

Wow, I thought you were yet to propose?

Bought her a car today. Anyway stop reminding me :lol:

It's a fact.  We've relied less on long balls as the season has gone on.

Whether Pardew has the ability to have his team pass it and move around our opponents effectively is another matter.  But those that don't like hoofball should give credit the change in approach, rather than blindly repeat that we're still as bad as we were in September for it.

Guest Howaythetoon

I'm saying we can surely dig a little deeper than JUST that "He's s***"

Pardew is still pummelled for favouring hoof ball.  Despite us generally not actually resorting to it until late on in games.  I say that's the poorer players last line of defence.  Not Pardews "vision".

Even if you think we have played hoofball all game every game, I think that's become less valid as the season has worn on.  We are MUCH less reliant upon it.  But complaints about it have kept rising because lazy people criticise our perceived problems rather than the actual ones.

People have said he's shit but they have backed up such statements as to why he's shit. They have dug deeper, lots and lots of times. Give this thread and numerous others a full read.

You throwing in stats and more stats is merely you trying to kid yourself, nothing more. For what reason only you know given you have already said he's fucking shit anyway, of course in more words than that...

Guest bimpy474

Whether Pardew has the ability to have his team pass it and move around our opponents effectively is another matter.  But those that don't like hoofball should give credit the change in approach, rather than blindly repeat that we're still as bad as we were in September for it.

It's not really the long balls anyway, it's the chronic lack of movement and inter play. We are lack any cohesion at all.

You can quote all the stats you like, i judge the games with my eyes, and we are a poor team, who concede for fun, don't score enough goals. And have been damn lucky to stay up.

I'm saying we can surely dig a little deeper than JUST that "He's s***"

He is shite though, my eyes tell me the football we play is shite and that IS down to the manager.

Guest Howaythetoon

There hasn't been a huge shift in approach and if anything we actually played less long ball football leading up to January than we did after January. Against Man Utd and Arsenal for example, for long spells our football was good, very good.

That short shift in approach mainly coincided with the Jan arrivals anyway, but once the dust had settled so to speak, the long ball soon reappeared to the point where we used it a lot, even in Europe.

Our football hasn't really improved at all, if anything its worse given the higher calibre of players/more options.

I'm saying we can surely dig a little deeper than JUST that "He's shit"

History shows us that stats supporting a largely minority view are routinely disregarded.  :D