Alan Pardew

Mike

Guest Howaythetoon

f*** the stats!

We are poor in every single department under Pardew and as a side we are easily one of the worst in the division because of this. If no-one can see that then they are clearly stupid and not worthy of debating with sorry! Using stats to somehow make us look less s*** than we actually are is as f***ed up as wanting to keep the fraudster in the dugout for the sake of f***ing stability.

For the money Ashley has spent (certainly in January), the expectations of this club and the players we can call upon, this is simply not good enough. The man has to go if we are to improve and get back into the top 6 which is somewhere I personally believe we can realistically aim for not just in a once in a blue moon fashion but every single season. Or rather a place we should be aiming for. Otherwise what's the f***ing point?!

We are poor at defending. We do not defend as a team. We rely on individual heroics or good fortune. Likewise the same can be said in attack. We do not dominate the opposition in any area of the pitch and even when we do, it isn't for long enough spells to make much difference.

Tactically we are a mess. There is no real game plan other than to work hard, keep going, keep it tight and to hit it long early. Those aren't even tactics but f***ing mantra you would be embarrassed to hear in a sunday league game.

I can well imagine our more technical and better educated players like Ben Arfa, Cabaye, Sisoko and Colo for example f***ing cringing inside at this 'mantra' from the manager.

And speaking of our better players. None of them play with any degree of freedom or confidence. They all look like they don't really quite know what to do or how to go about it. That's the sign of poor coaching, preperation and a lack of trust and confidence in themselves and their team-mates, much less the manager's tactics or rather mantra.

And don't even get me started on our set-pieces. He should be sacked for those alone.

And then to the bull s*** the man spouts.... he hopes we come in fancy dress, eh?!

I would make him dress up as a clown on Sunday and send him out. Then the 53,000 in attendance will finally see the real Pardew. The clown that he is.

Getting back to the stats. I couldn't give a f*** whether we have more shots outside of the box than 7 or so other teams. I couldn't give two s***s about the opposition. All I care about is my own team and my god we are f***ing s*** under this prick. Turbo s***.

http://phone.widgetsradar.com/uploadfiles/phonewidgetsradarcom-1348082966/calmdown-for-mac-encourages-you-to-relax-step-away-from-the-keyboard_1.jpg

Would do but I'm too busy knitting while browsing the latest golf shoes online.

I HAVE A LIFE YOU SEE!

f*** the stats!

We are poor in every single department under Pardew and as a side we are easily one of the worst in the division because of this. If no-one can see that then they are clearly stupid and not worthy of debating with sorry! Using stats to somehow make us look less s*** than we actually are is as f***ed up as wanting to keep the fraudster in the dugout for the sake of f***ing stability.

For the money Ashley has spent (certainly in January), the expectations of this club and the players we can call upon, this is simply not good enough. The man has to go if we are to improve and get back into the top 6 which is somewhere I personally believe we can realistically aim for not just in a once in a blue moon fashion but every single season. Or rather a place we should be aiming for. Otherwise what's the f***ing point?!

We are poor at defending. We do not defend as a team. We rely on individual heroics or good fortune. Likewise the same can be said in attack. We do not dominate the opposition in any area of the pitch and even when we do, it isn't for long enough spells to make much difference.

Tactically we are a mess. There is no real game plan other than to work hard, keep going, keep it tight and to hit it long early. Those aren't even tactics but f***ing mantra you would be embarrassed to hear in a sunday league game.

I can well imagine our more technical and better educated players like Ben Arfa, Cabaye, Sisoko and Colo for example f***ing cringing inside at this 'mantra' from the manager.

And speaking of our better players. None of them play with any degree of freedom or confidence. They all look like they don't really quite know what to do or how to go about it. That's the sign of poor coaching, preperation and a lack of trust and confidence in themselves and their team-mates, much less the manager's tactics or rather mantra.

And don't even get me started on our set-pieces. He should be sacked for those alone.

And then to the bull s*** the man spouts.... he hopes we come in fancy dress, eh?!

I would make him dress up as a clown on Sunday and send him out. Then the 53,000 in attendance will finally see the real Pardew. The clown that he is.

Getting back to the stats. I couldn't give a f*** whether we have more shots outside of the box than 7 or so other teams. I couldn't give two s***s about the opposition. All I care about is my own team and my god we are f***ing s*** under this prick. Turbo s***.

http://phone.widgetsradar.com/uploadfiles/phonewidgetsradarcom-1348082966/calmdown-for-mac-encourages-you-to-relax-step-away-from-the-keyboard_1.jpg

Perfect :lol:

It also brings literally nothing to the table.

Sitting back and taking pop shots at peoples points without actually making any of your own is fucking easy to do but ultimately worse for this thread than the tiresome 3 day debate.

f*** the stats!

Sitting back and taking pop shots at peoples points without actually making any of your own is f***ing easy to do but ultimately worse for this thread than the tiresome 3 day debate.

http://hostr.co/file/QkgXxcE2oSrW/Cool-Story-Bro.jpg

f*** the stats!

Sitting back and taking pop shots at peoples points without actually making any of your own is f***ing easy to do but ultimately worse for this thread than the tiresome 3 day debate.

Loving the irony....

For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction....

f*** the stats!

I think I've contributed substantially to the debate thank you very much, whether you agree with my point of view or not. I'm not entitled to find something funny now? :lol:

Guest icemanblue

Hans, you used to be so easy going. What happened to you? Where's the fun?

I can't begin to imagine what this must be doing to your hair.

Never thought I'd change anyone's mind.

Surprises me how anti-Pardew this board is though.  Seems 95% are militantly opposed to the bloke managing another game, it suggests a view that ANY other manager could turn Mike Williamson into a solid, classy CB that can pass the ball out of defence with aplomb rather than hoofing the f***er ;)

Anywhere else it seems to be 50-50, largely people can see Pardew's clear flaws, but also the limitations he (and any other manager that replaced him) face.  There'll be extremists who are stupidly supportive and just say "5th! 5th! 5th!"...and at the other end who say everything is an excuse. But most people see both sides.  Here though, more than anywhere else it tends to be the latter "no excuses" sort.  To the extent that protests are being planned.  Are any other sites doing that?

Just wanted to temper some of that extremism if I could.

Happy Face, tbh it's you who is in the wrong here man. You're trying to see things through both sides and points of views but for me it's clear you don't know football. Most on here are very informed and knowledgeable from watching football from leagues all over the world who have seen other teams play 100 times and therefore have built there opinion on other than Newcastle. I've in my lifetime very rarely seen football played in such a cowardly manner as under Pardew. I have a family who we all grew up with football, I don't know how many times I have had to sit through Newcastle games even last season with criticism for Pardew. It was obvious last season and it's even more obvious this season. He can't adapt, he can't change and he can't manage a football club at the highest level. I'll be happy to be proved wrong, but that is dependant on him learning from mistakes which from his interviews is clear he doesn't see them as that. I think most on here have come to realize this and it's not weird we want the best for the club.

To say we have been massively unlucky this season is also proof of being excessively lucky last season. This season we have had a fair few lucky moments in our favour too, Figueroa being harshly sent off, Evertons goal not counting while we've also had some unlucky and terrible refereeing calls. In the end we have a team good enough not to depend on decisions and something Pardew has not done. No one expects someone new to come in and make Mike Williamson play like a classy CB, but you look around the league and world and you have a lot of managers adapting players to their tactics and helping them improve while we have a manager who has stagnated players at our disposal.

Last week* I had this discussion with Inochi and he refused to see it the same way as me and I respect that, but before Ben Arfa came into the side last season we won very few points, had we not had a great start to the season or had Benny come into the team to save us we'd probably have finished around the same. Credit where it's due though Pardew did get the team to play efficiently and that's why I've many times compared him to someone like Sven Göran Eriksson. Both have this inability to makes changes for the good, to see their blatant mistakes and try to correct them. If Sven managed us I'd see the exact same problem. It's a conservative style of football with no back up plan if it fails. Luckily for Sven his style worked for him many times, but it was very obvious it didn't always work. I'll never forget the 2002 world cup quarterfinal and I'll be forever thankful for England having Sven as a manager. Brazil up 2-1 with a man less with 20-25 minutes to go absolutely dominated the ball, England had no idea what to do when they were in advantage player wise. Instead of looking for a win they were left confused when a player like Roberto Carlos stole the ball, ran the length of the pitch, stopped, looked back and passed it back around to the defenders in a way not to lose the ball. I saw the same with him against other teams at World Cups. Pardew falls into the same category for me but obviously at a lesser level.

With that said many managers can play defensively and still be good managers, look at Ancelotti, Capello, Tite etc. More boring styles of play are hard to find but they have a system in place and believe in their philosophy. You also have to Loco ones like Tele Santana, Bielsa etc.

Drawing a conclusion from this, it's beyond me how anyone can be surprised that 95% (w/e that number came from) are completely against the bloke, but I can promise you HF that we will all be hoping he changes over the summer if his still here.

tl;dr...

Wat?

:lol: It's the internet man you can say what you want.  Especially if it's on N-O and relates to Alan Pardew,

:lol:

Longest post I ever wrote probably lost my wording somewhere there, it's irrelevant in any case as it's been posted time and time before.

I never said YOU hadn't contributed to the debate and gave no indication as to whether or not I agreed with any point you made. And no, you aren't allowed to find anything funny.

Anyway aye, cool story, I'm boring myself now :lol:

:thup:

I feel real sorry for HTT, some people just have a go at him even if he contributes a lot more to discussion than themselves.

I see the Pardew phone-in on Total Sport has been 'postponed till a date after the Arsenal match'.

That'll be because Ando was inviting people to ring in on Friday and ask 'difficult' questions (after people were saying the difficult questions wouldn't get through/asked).

I think Pardew would be prepared to answer some difficult questions, he's always seemed 100% confident on those phone-ins.

Whether you would like the answers is a different matter like. And obviously the questions couldn't be the ones that start 'given that you're total shite and a son of a whore, how do you see Vernon Anita fitting into a midfield 3 next season?'

Whether you would like the answers is a different matter like. And obviously the questions couldn't be the ones that start 'given that you're total s**** and a son of a whore, how do you see Vernon Anita fitting into a midfield 3 next season?'

Jesus wept, we had the exact same argument 26 pages ago, yesterday.  This thread is a f***ing abortion. :lol:

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,93975.6375.html

People popping up to say stuff like this makes it for me.

I did it last time too, I dont think I can stop.

I'd suggest you start another discussion in here so people can change towards that topic, because as of now there's nothing else to do other than repeating the same arguments the same way Pardew repeats the same mistakes.

My problem with using a shots statistic is not that poor shots can add to the shot count but the types of thing it misses out.

A player going one on one but being run out of play by the goalkeeper, a ball fizzed across the face just in front of a centre forward, a ball pulled back from the by line and cut out, an easy shooting chance where a player passes instead.

How often has it been said of Arsenal that they try and walk it in? Whereas some teams will try more speculative efforts as they know it's the only way of getting it near the opposition goal. It's simply not a measure of how many chances a team creates that stands up to even the most basic scrutiny.

So adjusting for that might change Arsenal's ranking. It might not and even if it did, with Arsenal above us it wouldn't change ours so whilst interesting its irrelevant. You'll have to do the playing style of all 20 teams and justify in principle why the relationship differs for each one before we'd want to test how much the ranking changes.

Which leaves us with a valid statistic until you do. As i said yesterday, us not creating chances isn't the issue for me and i think the stats posted very much support that. I also agree we look shit for long periods and Pardew has been v poor this season.

The general shitness is the elephant in the room. IMO Ba and Hatem's devil may care brilliance covered over a lot of cracks last year, which have become abundantly clearer as time has gone on without those two. The other thing is that it's either Cisse doesn't get enought service (style or tactical issue) or his finishing is very hit and miss...I also became aware that the new players would need time to gel after the first couple of honeymoon games.

Jesus wept, we had the exact same argument 26 pages ago, yesterday.  This thread is a fucking abortion. :lol:

Kind of wish this whole forum could just be shut down until at least our first summer signing/sale. The same regurgitated tripe every day, but it seems I'm addicted to regurgitated tripe. Think its like me mam's addiction to Casualty. She must kna in her heart of hearts that its going to be the same rubbish as last week and Charlie still won't find the love he craves, but she tunes in. We need a big new storyline. In short, Dave is Charlie off of Casualty.

I'm still baffled by that comment from Pardew about getting Tiote OUT of the habit of just winning it and giving it. He seems to have been worse and worse since then.

It's all he should be doing as far as I'm concerned.

Kind of wish this whole forum could just be shut down until at least our first summer signing/sale. The same regurgitated tripe every day, but it seems I'm addicted to regurgitated tripe. Think its like me mam's addiction to Casualty. She must kna in her heart of hearts that its going to be the same rubbish as last week and Charlie still won't find the love he craves, but she tunes in. We need a big new storyline. In short, Dave is Charlie off of Casualty.

That post is crazy, are you forced to come on here?

Jesus wept, we had the exact same argument 26 pages ago, yesterday.  This thread is a f***ing abortion. :lol:

Guest neesy111

Jesus wept, we had the exact same argument 26 pages ago, yesterday.  This thread is a fucking abortion. :lol:

You know where the door is, use it.

Guest Gemmill

Has anyone from Toontastic complimented Chez yet? I've got one written but I didn't want to be double counting.