Alan Pardew

Mike

Win% is only a general indication and does not take into account trends. If you take Ferguson's win% in his first couple of years at Man U, it wouldn't be as high as when he was winning titles. Pardew on the other hand has gotten worse after an initial good year or two and that thrend has been reflected throughout his whole career.

The trends you see is much more representative of a manager's ability over time.

Hmmm....gimme a sec :)......

Take your time. You probably see things in binary code considering how much you love your numbers. Just make sure they make sense, are relevant and open to scrutiny.

Here you are....

http://i44.tinypic.com/jrxt3t.jpg

Christ, I'm welling up, that's such a thing of beauty.  :weep:

Guest icemanblue

Oh god arsejuice isn't going to be like my Set Penises thingy is it. :lol:

You'd hate that, wouldn't you? :lol:

Guest Dontooner

All these stats are doing is proving how worthless statistics taken in isolation are.  We're not f***ing stupid and we have eyes.  You can pull stats out of your arse until the cows come home, it doesn't change what i've seen with my own two eyes the last 2 years.

Would you sack Pardew if we won our first game of next season and didn't drop out of the top 5 all year....assuming the style of football remains....workmanlike.

No.

Would you?

No.

Just that the football was s*** last season and you included that in what you''ve seen over 2 years that suggests he should be sacked.  So I wasn't clear.

When we were up in 4th I complained that the football was s**** and we would drop like a lead balloon...but the season went on...and on...and on...and we didn't drop.  So like most people I had to shut up and accept, it's not pretty, but it  worked.

I don't see any reason it shouldn't work again next year, if we get in another striker and start converting some of the wealth of opportunities we make.  It still won't be pretty though.

The Factor of Pardew's Tactics being analyze and being founded out isn't being taken note here.

It is a pretty obvious factor that play its part it this season, most teams actually know we like to keep it tight and like to be on the back foot.

Sir Alex actually took note that we were unpredictable due to new players , that it had been the reason they lost at Man United.

Unless you assume tactical changes would be made to Pardew's teams. I would only assume we would continue to under perform if nothing changes.

One big man will not change the bigger picture.

Only we could make finishing 5th in the league potentially one of the worst things that's ever happened to us like.

So true, it's like that 5th place has become a curse for us. Who would have given that 5th place up in hindsight to remove any credibility of keeping him?

Most I bet!

Win% is only a general indication and does not take into account trends. If you take Ferguson's win% in his first couple of years at Man U, it wouldn't be as high as when he was winning titles. Pardew on the other hand has gotten worse after an initial good year or two and that thrend has been reflected throughout his whole career.

The trends you see is much more representative of a manager's ability over time.

Hmmm....gimme a sec :)......

Take your time. You probably see things in binary code considering how much you love your numbers. Just make sure they make sense, are relevant and open to scrutiny.

Here you are....

http://i44.tinypic.com/jrxt3t.jpg

Christ, I'm welling up, that's such a thing of beauty.  :weep:

An easier way of doing things would have been to look at his points total from last season compared to his points total from this.

Clearly displays Pardew's diminishing bouncebackability. 

There's 3 distinct peaks where he has put a run of results together in response to falling below 40%, but each one has offered a lower return, the first peak saw him hit 80%, the next one just over 70%, the most recent, just 50%.

:(

You've taken the lead Mick

http://i42.tinypic.com/apfzi8.jpg

:lol:

A Pie Chart, at least it's different.  It's nothing personal, I spend far too much of my life working on Excel and Access to have to face it on every page of this thread, I prefer words.

Guest Howaythetoon

Btw as much as I think the graphs/charts/stats are shite, its good to see HF posting on here and I have to say, he has helped make the debate about Pardew interesting at least even though he's still a cockney cunt fraudster blah blah blah...