Alan Pardew

Mike

From the Mag. Good article imo.

We Know We’re In Trouble Now – Pardew Turns To Allardyce For Advice

The more a lie gets repeated the more it becomes a ‘fact’ and the one about delusional Newcastle fans ‘expecting’ success is surely one of the biggest lies.

Do you know any (sane/rational) person who thinks like that?

I do like Alan Pardew but I think he is very wide of the mark when he says the following;

“I think sometimes it can get very sensational at this football club. When we’ve done well we have done really very well.

When it goes the other way though, the whole city goes that way.

I spoke to Sam Allardyce about it and he thought, having been the manager here, that was a problem for this club. Perhaps we could have more consistency about how we deal with wins and losses.”

So as usual it is our fault, the fans, in how we unreasonably deal with the bad times.

Only this season Newcastle went 14 Premier League matches with only 2 wins and they were against rock bottom QPR with a late goal and relegated (ten men) Wigan. In that sequence we were beaten by Stoke, Southampton, Fulham, Reading, West Ham and Swansea.

I don’t think there is a set of fans anywhere else in the Premier League who would have been so supportive in that period.

As for ‘Fat Sham’, he has nerve for anything, especially when it comes to Newcastle. He more than anybody did the most to ruin Newcastle United and then walked away with a reward of millions for doing so.

Before our home match against West Ham back in November, this is part of what writer Jackie Smithfield had to say, starting with Fat Sam’s quote at the time;

“It wasn’t me getting bad results at Newcastle, it was a change of ownership and a decision made at the time that they wanted their own man in.

I accepted that at the time and since that time has drifted by, I have no animosity towards Newcastle United at all”.

Animosity! Why should he have any animosity towards Newcastle United when he ruined us and walked away with a multi million pound pay-off which he then used to buy an overseas luxury pad which he named after St.James’ Park!

He bought in a dismal list of players on huge wages including Geremi, Viduka, Cacapa, Barton and Smith.

As for not about bad results, in his final 12 league matches the only wins were a fortunate 2-1 at home to Birmingham and a last minute penalty win at Fulham after one of the worst 90 minutes I’ve ever seen!

I’ve always liked West Ham but because of this fat oaf I don’t think there is any team I’d rather beat this season.

IF he's staying then i'm still behind him, he needs time in the summer to reflect on what went wrong this season and his fuck ups, hoping for better next season.

If he's staying then I won't be behind him at all because I expect by the time he's inevitably sacked we'll have written off another season.

Toonacy!

Pardew: Fans ask too much 

ALAN PARDEW last night told the Toon Army: You expect too much!

The Newcastle boss has been on a rollercoaster of emotions with the fans.

Last season, he was hailed by the Geordies for finishing fifth and qualifying for the Europa League.

But he has been the target of their criticism this year with the Magpies’ fortunes swinging wildly as they flirted with relegation.

Pards insisted: “I do think sometimes it can get very sensational at this football club. When we’ve done well, we’ve done really very well.

“But when it goes the other way, the whole city goes that way.

“I spoke to Sam Allardyce about it. He thought, having been the manager here, that was a problem for this club.Perhaps we could have more consistency about how we deal with wins and losses.”

Pardew has been given the backing of owner Mike Ashley, despite this season’s struggles as they head into today’s final game of the season against Arsenal.

And with Alex Ferguson retiring and Everton’s David Moyes moving to Old Trafford to replace him, Pards will become the third-longest serving boss in the Premier League this summer.

The Londoner has been in charge for only 2½ years but last September signed a mega eight-year deal.

He added: “I hope I am here for the long haul.

“I love the people in this area. I love the way we have been accepted, not just at the club, but in the area.

“Someone told me that I’ll be the third-longest serving manager, which is hard to believe, but that’s how difficult this job is.

“Sometimes you need to have the faith, not just of the owner, but supporters to give you the benefit of the doubt when you’ve made mistakes and that you can put them right.

“I think I have proved since I’ve been here that I can reach the heights and I’ve got to reach them again.

“I look at the team and genuinely think this has been a season when we have never really produced a period like last year. I’ve had to work really hard and get to the depth of my character, so I could get the right message over.

“We have to make sure that next year we get some continuity in the team and get some rhythm back. That’s what we’ve missed this season.

“You are never going to get that in the relegation zone. We will be looking for that next season.

“I want to do better than I did even last season.”

Pardew, 51, sparked a storm last week by joking he did not care if Newcastle lost 4-0 to Arsenal.

But he insists he is determined to end the season on a high — and leave Arsene Wenger’s proud Champions League record in tatters.

Pardew, who has had several spats with his Gunners counterpart when he was manager at West Ham, said: “My teams have done well against Arsenal over the years. And this club, let alone myself, has a good record against them as well.

“Arsenal know this is a tough place to come and the circumstances for them could be better. The fact we are over the line also makes it more difficult for them.”

Toon owner Ashley has added extra spice to today’s St James’ Park clash by offering a £1million bonus to club staff if Newcastle beat Arsenal.

Reports last night suggested Ashley will hand the windfall to non-playing and coaching staff.

The Magpies could yet finish as high as 10th if they beat the Gunners, although even that would fall short of expectations after last season’s heroics.

link: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4933256/Alan-Pardew-Fans-expect-too-much-of-Newcastle.html

Saw those quotes earlier on and he deserves to be hung, drawn and quartered for them. The amount of patience and support he's been shown this season in the face of such absolute tedium and failure and he comes out with that shit. Arrogant prick.

He just said we'd done well to get 9 home wins. :kasper:

It's not that different to our total last season so it's not that bad.

It's just the sheer audacity of the man, like he's actually proud of his results this season.

Guest bimpy474

It's just the sheer audacity of the man, like he's actually proud of his results this season.

It is rather striking isn't it, he does take arrogance to a whole new sphere.

It is rather striking isn't it, he does take arrogance to a whole new sphere.

Combined with his blundering stupidity it's an ugly combo

Carver: "Ben Arfa is looking effective picking the ball up from deep and running at them since Cabaye went off".

Pardew: "You're right, better push him forward and bring on Marveaux so he doesn't get as much of the ball".