Alan Pardew

Mike

Pardew has had a full season to address the failings of the team and even with a 20 Million boost in January he has made absolutely no progress in any areas.

I always use that as the real measure of a Manager.  If he doesn't know how to improve us, what is the fucking point in having him here.

Guest neesy111

Cabaye has been below average in my opinion. Shame to see him go, because I think he can play much better then he has done this season, but I wouldn't be devastated.

:thup:

That's my view as well.

Yep agree with this

Well you're all mental. On his day, he's unplayable.

If we got rid, we'd soon regret it IMO.

He's been unplayable only a handful of times in his 2 seasons here.

He's a quality player.

And this is the club that trusts Alan Pardew to get us out of Alan Pardew's mess, and replaced Andy Carroll with Demba Ba to then want to replace Demba Ba with Andy Carroll.

I don't trust us to replace him properly, so I'd rather he didn't go.

I'm not saying I want him away I just think there's a huge amount of hype around a player who doesn't live up to that hype a lot of the time. Tactics or no tactics top players enforce themselves on matches, just look at the way Colo made an impact coming back into defence. Cabaye has fantastic skill and ability but has he really done enough this season when we've needed him, I'm not sure he has. That said pretty much all our players have underperformed this season so he's not alone.

Cabaye made a huge impact on his return from injury.

I'd say the new players had a bigger impact tbh.

Pardew has had a full season to address the failings of the team and even with a 20 Million boost in January he has made absolutely no progress in any areas.

I always use that as the real measure of a Manager.  If he doesn't know how to improve us, what is the f***ing point in having him here.

Wrong brah, we have played a few less long balls since February. There are some graphs and charts a few pages back to prove it, so there.

:snod:

I always use that as the real measure of a Manager.  If he doesn't know how to improve us, what is the f***ing point in having him here.

Wrong brah, we have player a few less long balls since February. There are some graphs and charts a few pages back to prove it, so there.

:snod:

Oh really

Please point me to them

Cabaye has been below average in my opinion. Shame to see him go, because I think he can play much better then he has done this season, but I wouldn't be devastated.

That's my view as well.

Yep agree with this

He's a quality player.

And this is the club that trusts Alan Pardew to get us out of Alan Pardew's mess, and replaced Andy Carroll with Demba Ba to then want to replace Demba Ba with Andy Carroll.

I'm not saying I want him away I just think there's a huge amount of hype around a player who doesn't live up to that hype a lot of the time. Tactics or no tactics top players enforce themselves on matches, just look at the way Colo made an impact coming back into defence. Cabaye has fantastic skill and ability but has he really done enough this season when we've needed him, I'm not sure he has. That said pretty much all our players have underperformed this season so he's not alone.

Cabaye made a huge impact on his return from injury.

I'd say the new players had a bigger impact tbh.

Certainly not all of them. Didn't Cabaye score the winner in his first two games after his return?

That's my view as well.

Yep agree with this

He's a quality player.

Cabaye made a huge impact on his return from injury, much in the same way Colo did.

Fair comment, he did initially but it tailed off too much afterwards in my opinion. Of all our players (Colo aside) he's the one I'd be least surprised to see go. I'd like to see him stay and Pardew sort that midfield out (don't all laugh at once) with Sissoko in there next to him. He needs to have more of an impact going forward, that quaterback role is f***ing nonsense. I guess I'm saying he's being misused and also needs to up his game - two way thing.

It's no doubt that our "purple" players such as Ben Arfa, Cabaye and Colo make a massive difference to our results, and in that respect Pardew has a point in that we've missed them and I don't think we'd have been in our current plight if we could have kept them fit.

However a decent manager would be able to get results with key injuries, all teams suffer losses during a season and the cut of a good manager is to cope with those losses.

It just proves we can win matches despite, not because of Pardew. He just relies on the "magic" those players bring to the team and he's lost without it.

Guest hobshobs

I think my last strands of hope will die on Monday if/when he's still here

Me too mate. It's been a real s*** season that will be extended further if he stays. Him being here will give a lot of us absolutely nothing to look forward to through the summer. You can't even believe what he tells you in the press. Manager and spokesman, you're having a laugh. THE MAN IS A CLOWN.

Guest Slippery Sam

The Poyet suspension is intriguing.

Would take him in a heartbeat (yeah, I know it aint gonna happen).  The report I read was that the club were seeing if he had breached his contract with his comments apparently saying he was 'reviewing his position', or words to that effect.

Daaaaaavid Craig reporting on SSN on in the pub  under the headline 'Newcastle Incentive' alongside a picture of Ashley looking like he's been put through an iPhone aging app, someone with audio explain.