Alan Pardew

Mike

We are comfortably third in the PL attendance table and 10th in Europe.

And yet here we are being subject to relegation or the threat of relegation. In a well run club this would NEVER happen: the only reason Pardew is here is because he is a yes man for Dekka and on moderately low wages. We all know any manager worth his salt would be way too"expensive" for this crowd.

The crazy thing about our attendances is we've achieved those levels having not won a thing for almost 44 years now, domestically 58 and a league title 86 years ago. We've had two short periods of relative success, with top 5 finishes yet we still pull in those crowds. If the success matched the supporters commitment we would need a much bigger stadium. Bar the John Hall era, the club has been terribly managed really not to tap in on the enormous potential we have. It's consistently aimed small time, and consistently achieved that.

We are comfortably third in the PL attendance table and 10th in Europe.

And yet here we are being subject to relegation or the threat of relegation. In a well run club this would NEVER happen: the only reason Pardew is here is because he is a yes man for Dekka and on moderately low wages. We all know any manager worth his salt would be way too"expensive" for this crowd.

The crazy thing about our attendances is we've achieved those levels having not won a thing for almost 44 years now, domestically 58 and a league title 86 years ago. We've had two short periods of relative success, with top 5 finishes yet we still pull in those crowds. If the success matched the supporters commitment we would need a much bigger stadium. Bar the John Hall era, the club has been terribly managed really not to tap in on the enormous potential we have. It's consistently aimed small time, and consistently achieved that.

We need a Jurgen Klopp and for him to be given full reign, like Klopp has at Dortmund.

Could go either way for Stoke TBH, changing their philosophy might be harder than just getting a new manager. It's a start.

They don't really have the players currently, Charlie Adam excepted, to play any other style that what Pulis has preached. If they go for a more pleasing style of play with their new manager then they will need to back him considerably and gut that whole squad, this a complete lack of creativity there.

Guest Dontooner

So depressing. Every team has a better manager than us now. Even friggen Hull.

Who's the new Stoke manager like?

Rafa....

That would piss all over us lol

I have just accepted that he will be here next season, just so i can relax during the summer.

If he is sacked, good.

Same really, it's the only way to be.

:sadnod:

I would tend to agree if the thought of him being here next season would amount to even an iota of relaxation. I've come to the conclusion he's more than likely to be here, not that I want or am comfortable with it like but it doesn't look promising so far

That's basically a re-quote from the phone-in he did after the Everton game last season. And, tbf, nobody left after a much better season. Doesn't absolve him from the idiocy of trying to put our players in the shop window every single transfer season.

Why isn't Martinez being sounded out? He sounds like he can actually work under the Ashley purse-strings and system, especially after his sound speech about including relegation clauses and taking a paycut to reflect a new reality post-relegation. Sounds like he has financial AND footballing nous.

Why isn't Martinez being sounded out? He sounds like he can actually work under the Ashley purse-strings and system, especially after his sound speech about including relegation clauses and taking a paycut to reflect a new reality post-relegation. Sounds like he has financial AND footballing nous.

Because they're keeping Pardew?

Because he's massively overrated and actually did worse at Wigan than Steve Bruce?

Martinez struggles every season and has just took Wigan down. I'm at a loss why so many rate him.

ps. Pardew is such a negative sack of s****.

Has the leagues worst squad, plays good football and has just won the FA Cup with a shit side. I think that's why many rate him. Did well at Swansea too from what I can remember.

Because he's massively overrated and actually did worse at Wigan than Steve Bruce?

With a lot less resources and his point total was nowhere near much worse than Bruce, if anything he did much better than Steve Bruce. Basically had one big transfer failure during his time there and that was Bolelli, but being a bad team you basically have to take some risks to get the best players and his gamble didn't pay out. He's nowhere near massively overrated. Probably the best we can get realistically if we want good football. Him or Rafa are the two best realistic managers.

While I'm split on Martinez as a top manager, I wouldn't mind giving him the reigns at our club simply because he can't do any worse than Pardew has done with this squad, and the resources available here.

Apart from him being an absolute wanker Martinez is also probably the last manager you would want if you were already defensively suspect. He has no clue how to fix a defence and his teams routinely make school boy errors at the back. How many goals did we concede last year ?

I can see him staying now :( Can see the board thinking they have the 'stability' that other clubs now won't have, or whatever. It's really hard to call how this will turn out.

Gut feeling is we'll see Pardew next season and he'll have the amount of time Allardyce did before he got the heave ho