Alan Pardew

Mike

Apart from him being an absolute w***** Martinez is also probably the last manager you would want if you were already defensively suspect. He has no clue how to fix a defence and his teams routinely make school boy errors at the back. How many goals did we concede last year ?

TBF to him though his defenders are the biggest pile of shit in the league. It's not a managers fault for individual mistake that they commit time and time again and while he most probably is responsible for assembling that pile of crap it's not down to him how much he can spend on players. Not saying he'd be an instant success, but his team plays good football and I'd like to see what he can do at a bigger club.

Guest oatcakejamie

Im not sure what to think about pulis being sacked ? We had to change our style next year anyway but with pulis there was stability , now I reckon were favourites for the drop. If we can get rafa in or even RDM( roberto di matteo) then I will be happy but if the likes of mark hughes or MON ( martin o'neill) come in I will jump off a bridge.

Guest icemanblue

Apart from him being an absolute w***** Martinez is also probably the last manager you would want if you were already defensively suspect. He has no clue how to fix a defence and his teams routinely make school boy errors at the back. How many goals did we concede last year ?

his team plays good football

Im not sure what to think about pulis being sacked ? We had to change our style next year anyway but with pulis there was stability , now I reckon were favourites for the drop. If we can get rafa in or even RDM( roberto di matteo) then I will be happy but if the likes of mark hughes or MON ( martin o'neill) come in I will jump off a bridge.

It's going to be a big rebuilding job for whoever goes there if they intend on moving away from the Pulis way of doing things.

I'd start scoping out a picturesque bridge if I were you.

2nd longest? Man, we're so close. Hang on in there Pards, reckon Wenger'll be gone within 3!

Wenger's current contract runs out next year. May not even have to wait that long.

Possibly a repost but Mark Douglas just reposted this article on Twitter. Well worth a read:

Carr or Pardew to go, Mike Ashley’s big decision.

After a period of reflection since NUFC’s Premier League’s security was guaranteed I have been mulling over “where did it all go wrong” after such a promising year last year.

http://www.nufcblog.co.uk/2013/05/21/carr-or-pardew-to-go-mike-ashleys-big-decision/

Possibly a repost but Mark Douglas just reposted this article on Twitter. Well worth a read:

Carr or Pardew to go, Mike Ashley’s big decision.

After a period of reflection since NUFC’s Premier League’s security was guaranteed I have been mulling over “where did it all go wrong” after such a promising year last year.

http://www.nufcblog.co.uk/2013/05/21/carr-or-pardew-to-go-mike-ashleys-big-decision/

Good read

It's an interesting blog but not an actually decision for Ashley. He might agree to add one or two players of Pardew's choosing but he will never get rid of Carr after the job he's done.

I think this conflict between the players and Pardew's 'preferred style' is a bit exaggerated at times.

says a lot about the league when someone who's had 2 pre seasons with us is the 2nd longest serving manager

What does it say?

the short termism of it all, perhaps this is just a bad year for it with the increased money but nobody's getting time any more, first hint of failure the money men panic and shove guys out the door, Pulis is unsurprising considering style and spend over a prolonged period but Mancini sacked for finishing 2nd? Could he not have been given another chance given he was under 0 pressure from the fans and did win the league last year? Adkins sacked after a draw away at Chelsea and 2 promotions in a row? Brian McDermott sacked despite working with a championship side after very limited investment? And I can't see it improving any time soon with the cash only going up and boardrooms getting dumber in how they run clubs and panicking about the loss of prem/champions league revenue instead of having plans in place to cover such an eventuality, honestly think Wenger is the last of the really long term manager's we'll see for quite a while

Wonder how Carr feels about how his players are being used? He's done an amazing job for us and got some real talent, it must really piss him off to see the likes of Sissoko right wing and Cabaye covering the centre backs! I can only hope he has the bottle to voice his displeasure, I'd imagine he has earned a lot of respect from Ashley and he would listen to him.

Pulis is exactly the type of coach Pardew needs to help him develop. Will also help with corners and FKs. Should offer him an assistant manager position. Might tempt him....

Pulis is exactly the type of coach Pardew needs to help him develop. Will also help with corners and FKs. Should offer him an assistant manager position. Might tempt him....

:lol:

I agree totally with the core principle in that blog. Pardew and Carr are clearly not working, something has to be done there to sort it out. Either direct Carr to look for a different type of player, replace Carr or replace Pardew. I know which one I would do.

For once I agree with the inane childish use of a smiley here. WTF man !!

For once I agree with the inane childish use of a smiley here. WTF man !!

Well, it was a joke, doofus.

says a lot about the league when someone who's had 2 pre seasons with us is the 2nd longest serving manager

What does it say?

the short termism of it all, perhaps this is just a bad year for it with the increased money but nobody's getting time any more, first hint of failure the money men panic and shove guys out the door, Pulis is unsurprising considering style and spend over a prolonged period but Mancini sacked for finishing 2nd? Could he not have been given another chance given he was under 0 pressure from the fans and did win the league last year? Adkins sacked after a draw away at Chelsea and 2 promotions in a row? Brian McDermott sacked despite working with a championship side after very limited investment? And I can't see it improving any time soon with the cash only going up and boardrooms getting dumber in how they run clubs and panicking about the loss of prem/champions league revenue instead of having plans in place to cover such an eventuality, honestly think Wenger is the last of the really long term manager's we'll see for quite a while

I agree with you, I just wanted someone else to make the stability argument.