Alan Pardew

Mike

The owner, managing director and manager see us in the same league as Fulham Swansea and other mid-table sides which is like comparing us to Man Utd really. It is absurd and no club of our stature, size and resources should be happy with anything other than a top 6 finish and a cup every season. That should always be the aim but the powers that be have zero ambition for this club and until they all go we will forever be discontent with things at NUFC be it the manager, our players or stupidly renaming the stadium.

Man Utd

Man City

Chelsea

Nailed on top 3.In any order ya fancy, due to managerial changes.

Arsenal: investment being mooted heavily.

Spurs: May even have new manager? Napoli sniffing for AVB? Benitez to Spurs?

Scousers red: Full pre season and recruitment under blobfish. 2nd season of "improvement"

Probable next 3, maybe pushing each other around positions wise

Scousers blue. Interesting with new guy coming in. May drop a bit, may not.

Then.....

This is where a minimum challenge from us should begin. Minimum.

Pushing for 7th, good run, confidence on the up may take us close and knocking on door of 6th/5th. Minimum.

The squad we already have with 2/3 quality ready made 1st team additions, plus a couple of younger players for depth is more than capable of this imo.

Problem is I can't see it. At all.

Ridisculously bad business if nowt else.

Sign some talented footballers. Hope to showcase them in PL and maybe Europe for couple of seasons, move em on for profit...but you have an idiot manager unable to get best from them.Sign talented youngsters, same business model.

Plays them in wrong postions, in wrong roles.They are playing badly, demotivated, discouraged by the negative tactics, the "anti footballing" strategies of this clown. Their form drops,their value drops.

Manager publicly slags of European competition, what an incentive to join us.

Unrest. Club fannys around in mire of relegation fodder.

You lose out on the profits from sell ons. All for the want of having a postive,tactically aware and astute modern coach to back up your model. Madness,

The owner, managing director and manager see us in the same league as Fulham Swansea and other mid-table sides which is like comparing us to Man Utd really. It is absurd and no club of our stature, size and resources should be happy with anything other than a top 6 finish and a cup every season. That should always be the aim but the powers that be have zero ambition for this club and until they all go we will forever be discontent with things at NUFC be it the manager, our players or stupidly renaming the stadium.

Man Utd

Man City

Chelsea

Scousers red: Full pre season and recruitment under blobfish. 2nd season of "improvement"

Then.....

Pushing for 7th, good run, confidence on the up may take us close and knocking on door of 6th/5th. Minimum.

The squad we already have with 2/3 quality ready made 1st team additions, plus a couple of younger players for depth is more than capable of this imo.

Sign some talented footballers. Hope to showcase them in PL and maybe Europe for couple of seasons, move em on for profit...but you have an idiot manager unable to get best from them.Sign talented youngsters, same business model.

Plays them in wrong postions, in wrong roles.They are playing badly, demotivated, discouraged by the negative tactics, the "anti footballing" strategies of this clown. Their form drops,their value drops.

You lose out on the profits from sell ons. All for the want of having a postive,tactically aware and astute modern coach to back up your model. Madness,

So minimum eh?  You think the absolute worst, the absolute bottom of the barrel we should do next season is come 7th?

Guest Bert Shaft

I like Chelsea's "stability".

10 years

9 managers

11 trophies.

Stability guarantees f*ck all.

Appointing a decent manager is what it's all about and Ashley and Odious Dekka are sat with their thumbs up their arses whilst a top manager looks for a job.

10 years

9 managers

11 trophies.

Appointing a decent manager is what it's alkl about and Ashley and Odious Dekka are sat with their thumbs up their arses whilst a top manager looks for a job.

Yeah, that £700m didn't affect anything at all.

Guest Bert Shaft

10 years

9 managers

11 trophies.

Money and a decent manager guarantees all.

Fixed

10 years

9 managers

11 trophies.

Money and a decent manager guarantees all.

Fixed

Oh well, even Di Matteo got a Championship Cup and Grant nearly did it too, so....

So minimum eh?  You think the absolute worst, the absolute bottom of the barrel we should do next season is come 7th?

We should be aiming for that, why not?

The argument against keeping Pardew seems to be 'what if he does badly and there is nobody else available?'. But what happens if we bring in Jol and we're 17th come Christmas? There are no certainties in any of this.

I'm content in giving Pardew a chance. If he fails then fair enough but I think every manager deserves one bad season. Two bad seasons and he's got to go.

I agree. I've highlighted the word 'manager' though because Pardew isn't one. A proper manager would lead by example and admit to his own failings before pointing fingers at some stage when things have gone horribly wrong as they have this season.

We should be aiming for that, why not?

Are we aiming for that or is that the absolute worst we should expect?

What's so wrong with money? Why do people harp on "doing it right" when nobody is doing right, and never has. The clubs that spend the most money win trophies or at last compete for them. What is the point in sport if you just want to be "10th place"?

There are few clubs in the world who actually win their leagues that have done it the right way, and those happen in leagues not dripping with cash. Soon or later, Monaco will start challenging PSG in France if not next season, and so it goes on.

"Stability" - sure I'll take stability when we are consistently fighting for a title, a cup or a champions league position and the following year we can be optimistic that we could challenge for the title. But the fuck does stability have to do when you go from 1 end of the table to the other and you're penny pinching?

Man Utd

Man City

Chelsea

Then.....

I think its what we should be prepared to accept yes.FFs its what we should be at least aiming for isnt it??

We are part of problem in some ways.

Turn up year after year, decade after decade accepting shit served up as the norm.

I know and undrstand what you are saying, but FFS if we arent even aiming for it, even aiming to be better than Fulham, Swansea, West Brom......

Nothing is guaranteed, obviously, but you manage the risk of failing by getting the sum of all the parts to add up.

Good financial basis, Good youth system, Good modern facilities, Invest wisely in players..then fall flat by not having right man at the helm...

Are we aiming for that or is that the absolute worst we should expect?

Personally I don't think we should settle for less than 8th but should aim higher.

"We would all like to thank the fans for their continued support and assure them we remain committed to providing affordable football at St. James' Park."

Not entertaining, affordable.

Might as well have said 'budget football'.

:thup:

Are we back to blaming Ashley now?  Look at our squad, look at Sunderland's squad.  In terms of on the field stuff MA and Dekka have been spot on really.  We needed extra last summer but you have to say fair play, they did their bit in January.

Please. As a football owner Ashley's an unambitious loser and it's reflected on each of the last 6 seasons.

:thup:

Relatively pleased that he's staying tbh. It was a terrible season but I'm happy to give him another year. If we improve the squad, we should be mid table to top 10 again.

http://cdn.ebaumsworld.com/mediaFiles/picture/730195/83283128.gif

:lol: :lol:

We should be aiming for 1st not 7th.  7th would be ok.  10th would be s*** but acceptable as long as there are signs of progress.

Thats my view.

We should aim for a sugar daddy / Russian Billionaire / anyone in Arab.

This implied mock dialogue between the club and Pardew is the one thing that annoys me about this (having begrudgingly acknowledged he isn't going anywhere, really) - as though there were ever any speck of hope that he could be sacked, face any repercussions for his abysmal performance, or as though he weren't every bit as integrated into the Ashley regime as Llambias himself.