Alan Pardew

Mike

Guest Bert Shaft

We've got a manager who actively admits that he doesn't want the club to do anything that would qualify it for Europe.

Think of that.

Abserf*ckinlutely.

How, after last season could he possibly keep his job? This is going to backfire so bad. Stability only works with the right people. Pardew's done nothing in his career to prove he's a top calibre manager in the ilk of a Ferguson or Wenger to be warranted the long term trust of the club. The majority of fans will vocally turn on him next season. On the plus side, I think he'll be gone by christmas.

On the "affordable" part. I'd happily pay more money to watch the team if we we're challenging trophies and the top 4. Something we're never going to achieve with this bellend at the helm.

We've got a manager who actively admits that he doesn't want the club to do anything that would qualify it for Europe.

Think of that.

Well, technically just the Europa League we're apparently not too bothered about as the rewards aren't worth the resources required to compete in it.

Champions League income is vast enough to cover it's own costs, and also put you in another league as to the players you can attract/afford.

Sadly 3 of the 4 spots are completely sewn up by the financial giants so we're left competing with Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool and Everton for that last spot, and they all have a significant head start.

Just takes one more daft billionaire to turn up and it'll be a completely closed shop.

That's top flight football in England these days. And it's fucking depressing.

There is always something weird somewhere in each of our club statements and today it's the footnote about "affordable" football.

They never miss the chance to pat themselves on the back about something and it's got so bad on the pitch that that's the best they've got at the moment.  Affordable season tickets might be but value for money wise it's arguably a fucking rip-off.  Following the team around the country certainly isn't affordable either and that's generally eye-bleedingly awful too. 

Style of football is something the higher-ups have within their control to influence, there's clearly no interest in doing so which is of course thoroughly depressing.

Newcastle United ‏@NUFCOfficial 1m

Season tickets will be a bargain at only a 25% increase next season!  Big thanks to NO's Jordan!

If we were competing at the very top level would you begrudge paying more to watch it?

Hughton was canned because he didn't match the clubs ambition at the time. Ashley said that he didn't have us where we should be as a club, and he wanted to "move the club forward". Why is it any different with Pardew now? Hypocritical in my opinion.

The last line in that statement ffs "Affordable".. That is exactly why he's kept his job, because they don't see the difference between entertaining football and scraping a win here and there. Don't get me wrong by the way, I enjoy winning matches just as anyone else, but I want to be proud of my team, come out of games thinking, we deserved that, that was an awesome performance by us today etc but lately, especially this season every win has felt a bit meh.. as we've sneaked a win here and there. Even the Southampton game when we won 4-2 we didn't particular play well and 3/4 of our goals were fortunate. For me I want to aim for as high as possible, but I'd take mid-table next year if our football improved and we showed signs of becoming a proper team that was gelling more with each game.

It is everything that is wrong and sometimes right about the club. The club is run wisely in terms of expenditure and penny pinching for the best deal is wise. However it is all set up to run at a budget with the bare minimum amount of risk or money put in. This shows from the top of the club through the quality of out manager and ultimately exactly the same on the pitch. There is no excitement, adventure or creativity in out approach and it stinks. At the end of the day you get what you pay for the majority of the time but yet ironically the fans are the only ones paying the most for it.

Newcastle United ‏@NUFCOfficial 1m

Season tickets will be a bargain at only a 25% increase next season!  Big thanks to NO's Jordan!

If we were competing at the very top level would you begrudge paying more to watch it?

More than the nothing I pay now?  Not at all.

A 10% rise in season ticket prices though would net us around an extra £3m a year though, or one Obertan and would cause anguish and gnashing of teeth amongst the faithful.  The common fan is nothing compared to TV money.

Hughton was canned because he didn't match the clubs ambition at the time. Ashley said that he didn't have us where we should be as a club, and he wanted to "move the club forward". Why is it any different with Pardew now? Hypocritical in my opinion.

More than anything else it was because he was too nice a guy and the players had too much say in the teams affairs and hughtons decisions.. Apparently.

What a complete show of ineptitude, I'm utterly dumbfounded that we have so little ambition. There's a proven manager with a good, if not impressive footballing pedigree and we stick with this skid mark of a man? Something is fundamentally wrong with the sanity of our board.

I think I've even lost hope that we're we to be struggling next season he might be replaced, if they're believing his horse shit now then he'll keep peddling it until the end of next season. They've given him a minimum of a top half finish, this season we could have managed that up until the final week, that tells me he'll be here all season.

Last year was a blip, a great blip, but one that Pardew has no chance of repeating. We will never buy the type of players he's after because premiership experience comes with a price and those that don't, don't because they are shit! No amount of players will change his limited tactical skills and negative approach to the game so I expect nothing to change. Unfortunately Ashley doesn't care about the style of football, he has no pride in the team, they're just his employees and so long as they reach a certain bench mark in the league, he's getting paid an that's what counts.

I will support the team next season, because I bleed black and white and I have to, I just can't not, but I'll back Pardew when hell freezes over, he can fuck right off, had enough of his bullshit excuses to last me a lifetime.

Underwhelmed and prepared for perpetual mediocrity!

Ashley was lying when he said that - hate to use that platitude again 'yes man' , but that's what he wanted and in Pardew he got one. 

What an overwhelming lack of ambition.  We're going down the route of "we're just happy to be in the division" and as long as both AP and the fat man are here, it will continue.

They're perfectly happy just to make up the numbers and plod along. Zero ambition whatsoever.

Pardew is the tyre the squad is dragging behind it and he simply shouldn't be here. He thoroughly deserved to lose his job this week and I'm bitterly disappointed he hasn't. I just can't be enthusiastic with him in charge after watching the disaster unfold this season. It's been utterly turgid shite for months and it's Pardew's responsibility. He needed to go, man. Fuck's sake.  :hmm: 

What an overwhelming lack of ambition.  We're going down the route of "we're just happy to be in the division" and as long as both AP and the fat man are here, it will continue.

They're perfectly happy just to make up the numbers and plod along. Zero ambition whatsoever.

Pardew is the tyre the squad is dragging behind it and he simply shouldn't be here. He thoroughly deserved to lose his job this week and I'm bitterly disappointed he hasn't. I just can't be enthusiastic with him in charge after watching the disaster unfold this season. It's been utterly turgid shite for months and it's Pardew's responsibility. He needed to go, man. Fuck's sake.  :hmm: 

It's depressing if we're standing still as a football club just to gradually pay back Ashley's loan.  We never won anything under Keegan/Robson but there was hope and excitement and all the rest of it.  We'll see what happens but it honestly doesn't look good, I thought we'd moved forwards a bit but not now.