Alan Pardew

Mike

I'm not saying he has the ability to change much BTW, clearly he doesn't. But I don't really see anything that he should be angry about, it's a fantastic job for him. And I also don't see much that we should want him to be angry about on behalf of the fans... I thought our main problem now was Pardew himself?

Top coaches answer back and don't accept their club being run like a discount knock-off shop.

:thup:

What do you honestly think Pardew says behind the scenes? He just accepts absolutely everything without any input of his own?

I'm not saying he has the ability to change much BTW, clearly he doesn't. But I don't really see anything that he should be angry about, it's a fantastic job for him. And I also don't see much that we should want him to be angry about on behalf of the fans... I thought our main problem now was Pardew himself?

???

Top coaches answer back and don't accept their club being run like a discount knock-off shop.

:thup:

What do you honestly think Pardew says behind the scenes? He just accepts absolutely everything without any input of his own?

???

I don't think they're contradictory. He will have discussions behind the scenes with Ashley, Dekka and Carr, we already know this. But he doesn't have the ability to make wholesale changes to the club's transfer policy, for example brinign in a load of cloggers to play his mythical 'preferred hoofball style'.

Ok, just think it's an odd point to make that he 'doesn't accept absolutely everything without any input of his own' when you acknowledge he's basically got no authority on anything that doesn't involve taking training and picking the team.

Ok, just think it's an odd point to make that he 'doesn't accept absolutely everything without any input of his own' when you acknowledge he's basically got no authority on anything that doesn't involve taking training and picking the team.

Well they're closely related but different points.

Ok, I just don't think it matters what he says, I think that was the whole point in employing him after Keegan.

Ok, I just don't think it matters what he says, I think that was the whole point in employing him after Keegan.

Sure, they need someone who is prepared to work with their regime. But as long as Ashley's here we may as well accept that.

Anyway, been done to death, sorry!

I find that hard to believe, really.

It's all very well to say a less-able man would be willing to put up with what would otherwise be unacceptable just because he's grateful to be getting the chance. But at a certain point any man's pride will kick in, and he'll say "I've had enough of being your door mat."

Surely?

Pride and Pardew doesn't really go in the same sentence, you would know that by now judging by the poor waffle he comes out with after each game.

Cant blame him really for his lack of pride most people would be very happy being paid handsomely just to be a PR man of a football club. 

It's all very well to say a less-able man would be willing to put up with what would otherwise be unacceptable just because he's grateful to be getting the chance. But at a certain point any man's pride will kick in, and he'll say "I've had enough of being your door mat."

Surely?

Pride and Pardew doesn't really go in the same sentence, you would know that by now judging by the poor waffle he comes out with after each game.

Cant blame him really for his lack of pride most people would be very happy being paid handsomely just to be a PR man of a football club. 

He's an awful PR man as you said yourself though, why would he be kept on for that reason? Doesn't really make sense.

Surely?

He's an awful PR man as you said yourself though, why would he be kept on for that reason? Doesn't really make sense.

When did I say that?

He is a terrific PR man, got press believing he is top dog of north east.  Any other manager would be facing the mob squad after the season he had.  But Pardew to his credit can get press on his side.

Surely?

When did I say that?

He is a terrific PR man, got press believing he is top dog of north east.  Any other manager would be facing the mob squad after the season he had.  But Pardew to his credit can get press on his side.

Well you said he comes out with poor waffle after each game. And almost everyone destroys everything he says, don't they? Hardly the skills of someone that Mike Ashley would employ for PR reasons, or someone that the press would believe hook, line and sinker.

Surely?

When did I say that?

Well you said he comes out with poor waffle after each game. And almost everyone destroys everything he says, don't they? Hardly the skills of someone that Mike Ashley would employ for PR reasons, or someone that the press would believe hook, line and sinker.

Poor waffle to whom?  To the press is not poor waffle, they buy it, to us nufc fans that actually watch the game knows better.

Newcastle online destroys everything he says, the press does not.

Like you said hook, line and sinker.

Pardew has been working with the French police clearing illegal gypsy camps.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/06/05/article-2336311-1A2872C8000005DC-230_634x414.jpg

Pardew has been working with the French police clearing illegal gypsy camps.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/06/05/article-2336311-1A2872C8000005DC-230_634x414.jpg

He's instructed them to walk away as that kid looks a bit hard and there is no point in taking any chances.