Alan Pardew

Mike

My point is, I don't have anything against Pardew on a personal level, I just think this club deserves a quality manager rather than a sales rep/PR guy with an outdated concept of the game.

I agree, that's why I said ultimately it's the 2 cunts who fucked this up again. Pardew should never be given a 8 years contract and should be sacked by now.

Guest bimpy474

My point is, I don't have anything against Pardew on a personal level, I just think this club deserves a quality manager rather than a sales rep/PR guy with an outdated concept of the game.

I think i actually do now, it's the bullshit that he talks, he thinks we are stupid enough to fall for it. I hate him for taking me for a fool and more importantly, making my team play some of the worst football i've seen in years.

We should be looking to Sociedad's season for a bit of hope for next year. Montanier was criticised in 11/12 for being too defensively minded, his team have played absolutely fantastic stuff over the last 9 months and still have a slim chance of making the Campions League. Hopefully Pardew will come back refreshed and with the mentality that we saw at the back end of last year.

Shame Montanier has signed for Rennes next year :(

This was my argument two weeks ago, we had the chance to replace him while there are managers looking for work, but we've put all our eggs in one basket, if we have a bad start to the season he'll be looking down both barrels and it'll either be really expensive to get rid (reported one years wage) and compensation for a new manager, or we'll end up with some other unemployed has been. It seemed like a bigger risk to keep him, unless they plan on giving him the full season no matter what.

Guest bimpy474

We should be looking to Sociedad's season for a bit of hope for next year. Montanier was criticised in 11/12 for being too defensively minded, his team have played absolutely fantastic stuff over the last 9 months and still have a slim chance of making the Campions League. Hopefully Pardew will come back refreshed and with the mentality that we saw at the back end of last year.

Shame Montanier has signed for Rennes next year :(

Oi, i put Montanier up for us months ago........ :angry:

:lol:

Guest bimpy474

Who can we hire if we sack Pardew at about....October?

Scary fucking question. 

Not really, we can hire who we like, if were willing to pay for them that is. That's the scary part, would they pay to take a manager from some other team.

Guest bimpy474

it's not a matter of who we can that I find scary.  It's a matter of who we will then.  It'll clearly be some horrible, odious utter shit stopgap to try to stave off relegation.

Ah yes, if we do play crap and Pardew gets the boot. That'll be their thinking, a manager used to relegation battles. Aye such joy :(

We'll be better next season, which makes me happier. I think Pardew is poo but by August I'll be feeling optimistic again I'm sure.

as much as i can see through pardew and how poor he is there's little doubt in my mind this season won't be repeated, only way i see it is if we have a tricky start with fixtures and start badly

mid-table awaits

Guest neesy111

Top coaches answer back and don't accept their club being run like a discount knock-off shop.

:thup:

Top coaches answer back and don't accept their club being run like a discount knock-off shop.

What do you honestly think Pardew says behind the scenes? He just accepts absolutely everything without any input of his own?

Guest neesy111

What do you honestly think Pardew says behind the scenes? He just accepts absolutely everything without any input of his own?

Typical bite as usual Ian.

Typical bite as usual Ian.

Well that clears it up then.

(Thought you might actually making a point rather than looking for 'bites'.)

Absolutely, why else appoint a League 1 manager? He might 'say' things, but authority on anything other than training/picking the team? No way.

I find that hard to believe, really.

It's all very well to say a less-able man would be willing to put up with what would otherwise be unacceptable just because he's grateful to be getting the chance. But at a certain point any man's pride will kick in, and he'll say "I've had enough of being your door mat."

Surely?

Absolutely, why else appoint a League 1 manager? He might 'say' things, but authority on anything other than first training/picking the team? No way.

Maybe I'm easily led by conspiracies; appointed on a minimal basic and gambling debts to his boss. When he got his 8-year, that sorted his debts and he hasn't given 2 shits since. Not withstanding he's probably the worst manager in the league. Win-win for Ashley on original appointment, if he sucks not much payoff, if he's great then the club will earn more money. Then he decides to print of Graham Carr's contract and just change the name at the top and again the club is shown up for not having a football-club brain near the top.