Alan Pardew

Mike

Kinnear makes Llambias look incredibly professional in hindsight.

Yup. AND that's a fucking huge achievement.

Agree with Parky in respect of the 'gone by December' theory. Just can't see any way in which this can work out.

What a clusterfuck of epic proportions. What goes through MA's mind?

Guest icemanblue

I'm still not entirely convinced he'll be here by the time the season kicks off, like.

Guest neesy111

I'm still not entirely convinced he'll be here by the time the season kicks off, like.

For what reason?

I just think he sounded like he was genuinely OK about it, that's all. As I said, might well just be bluffing/frontin'.

I thought the other fella had taken over Derek's role. Forget his name now....

Guest icemanblue

For what reason?

Mostly a gut feeling on the back of the Kinnear appointment and Llambias resigning. He's obviously not at all happy with it, hence the silence up until it was absolutely necessary for him to speak. I think things will continue to be made extremely difficult for him, with the aim of making him walk.

Plus, Gus Poyet hasn't been given a job elsewhere yet.

For what reason?

Mostly a gut feeling on the back of the Kinnear appointment and Llambias resigning. He's obviously not at all happy with it, hence the silence up until it was absolutely necessary for him to speak. I think things will continue to be made extremely difficult for him, with the aim of making him walk.

A lot depends on how successful they are in pulling off purples.

Fail, and even Pardew might walk.

Poyet can fuck right off though. :huff:

I just think he sounded like he was genuinely OK about it, that's all. As I said, might well just be bluffing/frontin'.

Lee Charnley, that's what we were talking about.

Walking out on 7 years remaining of a very handsome contract, absolute no chance.

I would imagine he'd have a strong case for constructive dismissal.

There'll be something in his contract stating he picks the team and doesn't have final say in transfers or something.

For what reason?

:thup: I'm also a bit skeptical. Pardew will be fully aware of the history that Ashley has at this club and what went on with the Wise/Keegan situation; whilst he might not get his big payoff if he walks away, his reputation would still be relatively intact and he'd probably be able to pick up another Championship/promoted side management job within the year off the back of the successful 2011/12 season.

If we don't sign the players he wants and we're left with a thin squad again, especially if Kinnear's new involvement and the splitting of Llambias' role muddies the water somewhat, I don't think it's beyond the realms of possibility.

Plus, as someone else has already said, like fuck would Pardew keep his gob shut for almost two months unless summat was the matter. :lol:

Walking out on 7 years remaining of a very handsome contract, absolute no chance.

There'll be something in his contract stating he picks the team and doesn't have final say in transfers or something.

He was brought in the first place as a yes man and will continue to be so.  I don't imagine he will have much problems with what is done and what will be done above his head.  He's not going anywhere.

I was more thinking about the changing of reporting lines/roles. If his role is to get what he's given in respect of players and he could previously influence this then he's got an argument for constructive dismissal. And it's not like MA doesn't have history in this regard. The KK case being fairly similar.

Guest bimpy474

Owt of note on the NUFCtv interview with him?

Reckons Lambezee was great for him and the team, now JFK is doing Lambezee's job. He and Carr will recommend players to JFK and hope JFK will get them over the line.

On Perch, he was sad to see him go, but Perch wanted to play every week and he couldn't promise Perch that. Hoping Pre season will be better as they are better prepared and it's going to be very tough on the players.

I was more thinking about the changing of reporting lines/roles. If his role is to get what he's given in respect of players and he could previously influence this then he's got an argument for constructive dismissal. And it's not like MA doesn't have history in this regard. The KK case being fairly similar.

That's why I think they'll have something in his contract about it so not to get stung twice.

He was brought in the first place as a yes man and will continue to be so.  I don't imagine he will have much problems with what is done and what will be done above his head.  He's not going anywhere.

His mates left, he's been marginalised by JFK, he's got even less influence than in the past and he's got a moron for a boss. I'd say he'd he'll have some serious problems with what's going on above his head tbqh.

That's why I think they'll have something in his contract about it so not to get stung twice.

You may be right. Safe to say, there's no long term in this for AP though.

Am i dreaming this? I thought the club announced that someone internal was promoted to fulfill Llambias's financial role and i'm sure it wasn't Charnley....

His mates left, he's been marginalised by JFK, he's got even less influence than in the past and he's got a moron for a boss. I'd say he'd he'll have some serious problems with what's going on above his head tbqh.

He never had much influence in the first place, so nothing has really changed for Pardew.  The only real difference is now he's got a new boss that has a bigger mouth than the last one.  No real reason to write off 7 years of a lucrative contract.

Guest bimpy474

Am i dreaming this? I thought the club announced that someone internal was promoted to fulfill Llambias's financial role and i'm sure it wasn't Charnley....

You are right, the other fella does the internal finances, sponsorship stuff i think i read but Charnley does the transfers.

You are right, the other fella does the internal finances, sponsorship stuff i think i read but Charnley does the transfers.

Oh. Was the delineation as clear as that?