Alan Pardew

Mike

Guest bimpy474

I just think he sounded like he was genuinely OK about it, that's all. As I said, might well just be bluffing/frontin'.

I thought the other fella had taken over Derek's role. Forget his name now....

Lee Charnley, that's what we were talking about.

Am i dreaming this? I thought the club announced that someone internal was promoted to fulfill Llambias's financial role and i'm sure it wasn't Charnley....

You are right, the other fella does the internal finances, sponsorship stuff i think i read but Charnley does the transfers.

Oh. Was the delineation as clear as that?

Not quite sure, i'm trying to find the story where i read it, i'm sure it was a Chronicle piece.

Walking out on 7 years remaining of a very handsome contract, absolute no chance.

I would imagine he'd have a strong case for constructive dismissal.

There'll be something in his contract stating he picks the team and doesn't have final say in transfers or something.

He was brought in the first place as a yes man and will continue to be so.  I don't imagine he will have much problems with what is done and what will be done above his head.  He's not going anywhere.

His mates left, he's been marginalised by JFK, he's got even less influence than in the past and he's got a moron for a boss. I'd say he'd he'll have some serious problems with what's going on above his head tbqh.

He never had much influence in the first place, so nothing has really changed for Pardew.  The only real difference is now he's got a new boss that has a bigger mouth than the last one.  No real reason to write off 7 years of a lucrative contract.

He's obviously got on well with Llambias so his departure will impact his level of influence, especially with JFK being geared towards MA.

I doubt his contract is that lucrative. He'll still be one of the lowest (base pay) paid managers in the league. Even if that's littered with incentives, he may take the view that these aren't going to be realised with arseholes like JFK involved.

Given his relative shiteness as a top level manager he may take the view that he should leave on his own terms, citing constructive dismissal to earn a few quid, before taking a (better base paid) job elsewhere towards the rear of the Premiership.

All he's throwing away is security, in reality, which is only actually 1 year salary if we are to believe the widespread media commentary on the subject.

Guest bimpy474

Oh aye, I thought Irving was Charnley.

That Irving fella, he's the one who is in a lot of photos when Ashley comes to the training ground.

I think some thought he was the helicopter pilot when it was discussed as who he was :lol:

Walking out on 7 years remaining of a very handsome contract, absolute no chance.

There'll be something in his contract stating he picks the team and doesn't have final say in transfers or something.

He was brought in the first place as a yes man and will continue to be so.  I don't imagine he will have much problems with what is done and what will be done above his head.  He's not going anywhere.

His mates left, he's been marginalised by JFK, he's got even less influence than in the past and he's got a moron for a boss. I'd say he'd he'll have some serious problems with what's going on above his head tbqh.

He never had much influence in the first place, so nothing has really changed for Pardew.  The only real difference is now he's got a new boss that has a bigger mouth than the last one.  No real reason to write off 7 years of a lucrative contract.

He's obviously got on well with Llambias so his departure will impact his level of influence, especially with JFK being geared towards MA.

I doubt his contract is that lucrative. He'll still be one of the lowest (base pay) paid managers in the league. Even if that's littered with incentives, he may take the view that these aren't going to be realised with arseholes like JFK involved.

Given his relative shiteness as a top level manager he may take the view that he should leave on his own terms, citing constructive dismissal to earn a few quid, before taking a (better base paid) job elsewhere towards the rear of the Premiership.

All he's throwing away is security, in reality, which is only actually 1 year salary if we are to believe the widespread media commentary on the subject.

Really? Is that why he hasn't been sacked.  Must be stability.

Don't be so naive , if what you're saying really is the case, Pardew would had walked the same time as Lambeasy.

Really? Is that why he hasn't been sacked.  Must be stability.

Don't be so naive , if what you're saying really is the case, Pardew would had walked the same time as Lambeasy.

Er no, he hasn't been sacked because Ashley (for whatever reason) has not sacked him. Do you think Ashley gives a shit about a poxy pay off and a bit of bad press? Hardly.

It's gonna be hard for him to deal with JFK's continuous nonsense. It will wear him down much quicker than even he knows. ;)

It's gonna be hard for him to deal with JFK's continuous nonsense. It will wear him down much quicker than even he knows. ;)

Exactly right. He'll spend his life putting right/trying to make good JFK's continuous misgivings in the media. Something he'll not appreciate.

Doubt it bothers him enough to throwaway that contract, it's still an easy job and very well paid if you think about it.

Pardew is great at PR anyway that is one thing he does excel at so it won't be a problem for him, plus it's not going to take a lot to improve on last season's position.  He sits very comfortably.

Doubt it bothers him enough to throwaway that contract, it's still an easy job and very well paid if you think about it.

Pardew is great at PR anyway that is one thing he does excel at so it won't be a problem for him, plus it's not going to take a lot to improve on last season's position.  He sits very comfortably.

:lol: Easy job? Well paid?That contract?

Have you had your eyes and ears closed since MA bought the club?

Yes very well paid compared to civilian work because selling double glazing is what he's going to get next.

Almost got a team relegated from top flight football, still kept his job.  Is that not a cushy job no?

Yes very well paid compared to civilian work because selling double glazing is what he's going to get next.

Almost got a team relegated from top flight football, still kept his job.  Is that not a cushy job no?

He could earn more money sitting on the MOTD Sofa.

You can't compare civilian work to football wages FFS.

Relative to his peers he'll be on below avg money with one of the worst Owners going and now he's got a fucking dinosaur inbetween them at said Owners behest. He's hardly living the dream.

Can't see how being a PL manager is easy, it must 24/7 stress.

Better than my job.

To be fair, Pardew doesn't get to go home to Mrs Bimpy every night, so swings and roundabouts.

Guest bimpy474

Better than my job.

To be fair, Pardew doesn't get to go home to Mrs Bimpy every night, so swings and roundabouts.

Not seeing my swing in there, just my roundabout :lol:

Better than my job.

Not seeing my swing in there, just my roundabout :lol:

:lol:

Relative to his peers he'll be on below avg money with one of the worst Owners going and now he's got a f***ing dinosaur inbetween them at said Owners behest. He's hardly living the dream.

What happened the last time he was on the motd sofa?  Doubt they are too desperate to have him back.  Not everyone on the motd gets paid like Lineker and Shearer.

hmmm managing a premiership football team... He may not be living the dream, but he's doing a damn sight better than most of us.  Fraud or not lol

Guest Haris Vuckic

Who really cares, what difference does it make?  We all want him gone, plus there were no power struggle last season no JFK , and still absolute shyte excuse of a season

Do we?

Unless your blind, stupid or both tbh.

Yeh then we can have Kinnear as manager. f*** a duck.

Yes because that just what i said.

Talking about just Pardew here. How many poor performances, how many lies and ridiculous comments and how many excuses did you need to, see, hear and read to realise he's crap. And Kinnear wouldn't be manager fwiw. His health wouldn't allow it. He has to take several pills morning and night, the DOF role suits him fine as it takes away the stress levels of management. The stress levels his heart just can't handle.

If you can't seperate not wanting Pardew, as meaning having Kinnear as manager, fine. Righto.

Given the levels of competency displayed by Ashley so far - taking into account previous appointments - can you honestly see Ashley making a better appointment?

Here's a clue - Joe Kinnear is the senior footballing authority at our club. It's 2013.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Relative to his peers he'll be on below avg money with one of the worst Owners going and now he's got a f***ing dinosaur inbetween them at said Owners behest. He's hardly living the dream.

What happened the last time he was on the motd sofa?  Doubt they are too desperate to have him back.  Not everyone on the motd gets paid like Lineker and Shearer.

hmmm managing a premiership football team... He may not be living the dream, but he's doing a damn sight better than most of us.  Fraud or not lol

He's been on MOTD a few times since getting the Newcastle job.

He's been on MOTD a few times since getting the Newcastle job.

He has to be fair, then again he is the manager of a premiership team.

Him as a regular slot on the sofa when he's out of management?  I'm not so sure, definitely won't be getting the same 8 year contract that Mike gave him.