Alan Pardew

Mike

Guest Haris Vuckic

Smaller squad than most :lol:

When will this myth that we have a tiny squad ever end :lol:

Senior Strikers.

1. Cisse

2. Ameobi :lol:

There was me thinking a squad consists of goalkeepers, defenders and midfielders not just strikers.

My mistake :thup:

It does.

The midfield was piss weak till january as was the defence. Every journalist said it at the start of the season. ''Newcastle wont cope with that squad'' and we didn't.

How many teams in and around where we fonished could boast more then 2 or 3 strikers??

but we only have 1 in reality since Gouffran hasn't played up front for us iirc Shola's Shola and Campbell is 17

“So I’m somebody who works very much on the facts - and not the myth.”

“Last year I couldn’t have had any more turmoil put in front of me with injuries and the Europa League"

He's back, folks.

Kinnear shuts up then this fraud starts up. We can't win.

Last year we had more injuries in quantity and duration than any other team in the division, we also had a smaller squad than most and more games to play than most.

Aaaaall Parjeewss faault maan, we shuda won tha leeeaaguu

We were also absolutely shit every single week with one or two exceptions :lol:

Guest Haris Vuckic

Does that mean injuries aren't a valid excuse? I'm failing to see your logic.

Injuries do not excuse an entire season of poor play. They may have had a bearing on some results but the way the team was set up, the way the team played, and the inability to rectify our shortcomings over a season cannot readily be explained by injuries.

Gouffran is a striker because he plays outwide doesn't mean anything other than speaking volume for his versatility.

That is like saying if we bought Remy and played him outwide he isn't a striker anymore :lol:

Besides everyone knows we lack depth up front but that doesn't mean the squad is small.

And it is nowhere near one of the smallest in the league.

:lol:

What did you make of the rest, Venky?

In those quotes? He's talking without saying anything imo, the transfer setup sounds the same, 'our performances need to be better' doesn't really mean anything. I hate his attitude and him saying that he couldn't possibly have experienced any more adversity than he did last season is a typical thing for him to say. He's a blithering little excuse merchant, and he was the main cause of the adversity we faced at the club last season.

Fair play. I meant the quotes that have been released as a whole, really. I was just laughing because that one was picked out by you.

Reads quite positively, for me, like. Seems to have accepted what we weren't doing last year, but, as usual, stops short of giving himself the blame for that. Gives me the tiniest bit of confidence that we'll see an improvement in our mentality and general play this season. Of course, that's pretty dependent on us getting the players we need.

I hadn't read anything else, I just went to nufc.com with the intention of reading through it and offering an opinion. I stopped after two or three questions because it just bored me. My faith in him wore out so long ago and so completely that he'd have to get the team playing superbly for a while for me to give him any credence. I just think he's totally shit.

That's exactly what it means. No amount of injuries can excuse how bad we were last season.

Has anybody ever said they do? They're just one important factor.

He had the choice to play Shola on the wing against reading. He made that. No injuries forced his hand. Injuries don't make you hoof the ball. We were shit when we had a full team out

We were bad when the season started and we had most fit, we were bad when we lost a couple, we were bad when fixtures piled up, we were just as bad when they didn't as has been mentioned on here plenty.

He's the common denominator.

Guest chopey

I dont like Pardew because of his direct tactics and his total inability to stand up to Ashley, when we signed Anita last year he said the squad was big enough to cope and was over the moon that we lost nobody, the man is a doormat.

He had the choice to play Shola on the wing against reading. He made that. No injuries forced his hand. Injuries don't make you hoof the ball. We were shit when we had a full team out

We were bad when the season started and we had most fit, we were bad when we lost a couple, we were bad when fixtures piled up, we were just as bad when they didn't as has been mentioned on here plenty.

Tbf to Pardew he'd have been able to cope with the injuries and Europe if he didn't also have to also cope with Spies and Notting Hill Carnival.

He had the choice to play Shola on the wing against reading. He made that. No injuries forced his hand. Injuries don't make you hoof the ball. We were s*** when we had a full team out

Tbf to Pardew he'd have been able to cope with the injuries and Europe if he didn't also have to also cope with Spies and Notting Hill Carnival.

They built and anti spy defence shield tho.

He had the choice to play Shola on the wing against reading. He made that. No injuries forced his hand. Injuries don't make you hoof the ball. We were s*** when we had a full team out

Cancelled the Hoppings as well.

That's exactly what it means. No amount of injuries can excuse how bad we were last season.

I'm not sure they are an important factor when it comes to assessing Pardew tbf.

I'm not sure they are an important factor when it comes to assessing Pardew tbf.

Well it's possible to conclude you think Pardew is shit even with injuries, true. They are important to how many points we got in the season though, otherwise any 11 players could run out and it wouldn't make a difference.

Well it's possible to conclude you think Pardew is s*** even with injuries, true. They are important to how many points we got in the season though, otherwise any 11 players could run out and it wouldn't make a difference.

Venkman and I were making a point about performances rather than points.

We've got some new knowledge in and around us that I'm not gonna explain at this particular time and we've got some new ideas.

Good news.

I wonder what he's referring to here? Good if he's prepared to try new things though, we certainly need to.

Set piece routines and not sitting on fragile leads would do for starters.

So why were we getting so many injuries?  Did the magic just fade away from the club?

In my lifetime we've always had quite a lot. Not sure if it's actually more than average or if it just feels like it because we've built up a complex around it.

Hard to say if the club is doing anything wrong, it could just be bad luck.

Cancelled the Hoppings as well.

:lol:

Guest bimpy474

This place is going to need prozac if our set penises and football is the same as last seasons, call me old fashioned but i like my football to be entertaining. There's one thing i've never got, when you play football as a lad you want to win, you want to score goals, you want to pass the ball about. Pardew and managers like him just want to hoof, defend and win a war of attrition.

Why would you want to be football manager and have a defensive team, play in a way that is against everything football should be about. In turn taking away any kind of fun for the fans in the process. Baffles me like.