Alan Pardew

Mike

Kinnear runnning the finance :lol:

Hey, during his time as Governor of the Bank of England, Joe Kinnear made the bold decision to lower interest rates to a ground breaking 0.5%.  I think he knows what he's doing.

Good to hear his comments about needing to be less fearful of the opposition, I was hoping the break would provide a chance for him to reflect and relax a little and it seems as if the penny has dropped. I've got faith that he'll try and execute it, I can understand why some are cynical however.

“As the manager of the football club – which I am – I think it’s very, very important that the fans and the players know that I am managing this football team.

“That’s my contract and that’s what I’m going to do.”

Sounds pretty insecure to me.

Good to hear his comments about needing to be less fearful of the opposition, I was hoping the break would provide a chance for him to reflect and relax a little and it seems as if the penny has dropped. I've got faith that he'll try and execute it, I can understand why some are cynical however.

Same, I found that interview pretty reassuring although I expect mocking for saying so on here. The big question is why he couldn't arrest our slide last season, and whether he can really implement what he wants to do.

We've got some new knowledge in and around us that I'm not gonna explain at this particular time and we've got some new ideas.

Good news.

I wonder what he's referring to here? Good if he's prepared to try new things though, we certainly need to.

"It's about taking the team forward. We have some great players here. If you take away the Europa League last season where would we have finished? We would have got four more points for sure that would have put us tenth, which probably everyone would have accepted.

"But the performances for me were what was disappointing. We didn't control games like we did the year before when I was looking for more control.

"I think we got a little bit "painting by numbers" rather than a natural game, we were diligent but not flowing. That's what we need to get going in pre-season. We need to get that confidence back , that flow back."

I really hope he believes that.

Sorry, I'm just reading the transcript on .com.

Same, I found that interview pretty reassuring although I expect mocking for saying so on here. The big question is why he couldn't arrest our slide last season, and whether he can really implement what he wants to do.

I imagine last year, he simply bottled the second half of the season. Either he or the players did. Either way, the riskier attacking route wasn't taken and it was simply about getting points on the board. I think he's the type of manager that needs a good start because he won't lead well when the pressure's really on.

Everything he's said over the last 48 hours has been promising and, tbh, has surprised me a little bit. I really hope he believes what he's saying because I still don't have a great deal of confidence in him executing a serious improvement.

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/football/newcastle-united/pardew-reveals-how-transfer-system-with-kinnear-will-work-1-5836069

“Last year I couldn’t have had any more turmoil put in front of me with injuries and the Europa League.

“But I think I showed the fans that I’m resilient.

“I won’t run away. I won’t hide.”

Fuck off man you useless cunt.

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/football/newcastle-united/pardew-reveals-how-transfer-system-with-kinnear-will-work-1-5836069

“Last year I couldn’t have had any more turmoil put in front of me with injuries and the Europa League.

“But I think I showed the fans that I’m resilient.

“I won’t run away. I won’t hide.”

f*** off man you useless c***.

Really f***ing annoying isn't it.  Pretty sure I remember him blaming the young'ns for not shining at one point.  He constantly hides from any blame.

Everything he's said over the last 48 hours has been promising and, tbh, has surprised me a little bit. I really hope he believes what he's saying because I still don't have a great deal of confidence in him executing a serious improvement.

It is, but its very similar to soundbites last season "we lacked control" he hasnt shown anything that suggests he can rectify it. He's in desperate need of a top class coaching set up behind him, which we dont have

We'll see this year if he can rectify it, admitting we were too worried about opponents is a step forward in my eyes and was a huge part of the problem last season.

:lol:

What did you make of the rest, Venky?

In those quotes? He's talking without saying anything imo, the transfer setup sounds the same, 'our performances need to be better' doesn't really mean anything. I hate his attitude and him saying that he couldn't possibly have experienced any more adversity than he did last season is a typical thing for him to say. He's a blithering little excuse merchant, and he was the main cause of the adversity we faced at the club last season.

Guest icemanblue

:lol:

What did you make of the rest, Venky?

In those quotes? He's talking without saying anything imo, the transfer setup sounds the same, 'our performances need to be better' doesn't really mean anything. I hate his attitude and him saying that he couldn't possibly have experienced any more adversity than he did last season is a typical thing for him to say. He's a blithering little excuse merchant, and he was the main cause of the adversity we faced at the club last season.

Fair play. I meant the quotes that have been released as a whole, really. I was just laughing because that one was picked out by you.

Reads quite positively, for me, like. Seems to have accepted what we weren't doing last year, but, as usual, stops short of giving himself the blame for that. Gives me the tiniest bit of confidence that we'll see an improvement in our mentality and general play this season. Of course, that's pretty dependent on us getting the players we need.

"It's about taking the team forward. We have some great players here. If you take away the Europa League last season where would we have finished? We would have got four more points for sure that would have put us tenth, which probably everyone would have accepted.

"But the performances for me were what was disappointing. We didn't control games like we did the year before when I was looking for more control.

"I think we got a little bit "painting by numbers" rather than a natural game, we were diligent but not flowing. That's what we need to get going in pre-season. We need to get that confidence back , that flow back.

For that we'll need a manager who understands how to make it happen Alan. And no we wouldn't have been happier with 4 more points you absolute cretin. Will you ever quit your double glazing sales patter?

“So I’m somebody who works very much on the facts - and not the myth.”

“Last year I couldn’t have had any more turmoil put in front of me with injuries and the Europa League"

He's back, folks.

Kinnear shuts up then this fraud starts up. We can't win.