Alan Pardew

Mike

Why would you want to be football manager and have a defensive team, play in a way that is against everything football should be about. In turn taking away any kind of fun for the fans in the process. Baffles me like.

Football is about winning too many, this type of football often wins or at least doesn't lose.

Guest icemanblue

This place is going to need prozac if our set penises and football is the same as last seasons, call me old fashioned but i like my football to be entertaining. There's one thing i've never got, when you play football as a lad you want to win, you want to score goals, you want to pass the ball about. Pardew and managers like him just want to hoof, defend and win a war of attrition.

Why would you want to be football manager and have a defensive team, play in a way that is against everything football should be about. In turn taking away any kind of fun for the fans in the process. Baffles me like.

To minimise the risk of losing games and subsequently your job. That's obvious. Doesn't quite fit with the romantic vibe of your post.

I wonder what Pardew's going to do differently this season to what he's done the rest of his career? Suddenly start coaching pass and move football? Start fancying technical players over jumpers and tacklers overnight? Abandon playing strikers on the wing because he's now seen the light?

Can't wait.

Guest bimpy474

Football is about winning too many, this type of football often wins.

I know i get that but it's a boring, brainless and kind of cowardly way to do it imo. A way that needs less skill. I just dont get how Pardew and his ilk, watch a game back and think, "well that was ok".

I really don't get managers who discouraged passing and freedom in their teams play, i just don't understand it.

Guest Dontooner

Seriously things just can't get worst with "Pardew's Hoofball" . Imo we have the most regressive playing style in the whole league.

If Kinnear sticks it up Pardew's  Ass when we play poor ... its better than Pardew lying in my face telling me we playing a good brand of forward thinking football.

I rather face a honest sinner than a lying hypocrite .

Guest bimpy474

This place is going to need prozac if our set penises and football is the same as last seasons, call me old fashioned but i like my football to be entertaining. There's one thing i've never got, when you play football as a lad you want to win, you want to score goals, you want to pass the ball about. Pardew and managers like him just want to hoof, defend and win a war of attrition.

To minimise the risk of losing games and subsequently your job. That's obvious. Doesn't quite fit with the romantic vibe of your post.

Well yes if your gutless and not a risk taker, how about the opposite. Let the team attack and give it a go. Now Ossie used to do that but had young players. Manager like Pardew have decent players who can attack and pass, entertain. I know it's a romantic vibe, so what, why can't it be like that.

Football is my lifes passion, and for me it should played in the right way. Well the way i see how it should be anyhoo.

Guest bimpy474

Strange that, I didn't see teams that finished above us all playing like that.  Defensive football isn't the only way to win games, and it doesn't "minimise the risk" of losing games. As we lost fucking loads last season

This is where the managers limitations kick in.

Guest icemanblue

Strange that, I didn't see teams that finished above us all playing like that.  Defensive football isn't the only way to win games, and it doesn't "minimise the risk" of losing games. As we lost fucking loads last season

Had your horses there, son. I answered Bimpy's question by offering an explanation, in the same manner as a couple of others. It's not brain science. I didn't say what my opinion on that kind of football was.

Guest icemanblue

Strange that, I didn't see teams that finished above us all playing like that.  Defensive football isn't the only way to win games, and it doesn't "minimise the risk" of losing games. As we lost f***ing loads last season

Had your horses there, son. I answered Bimpy's question by offering an explanation, in the same manner as a couple of others. It's not brain science. I didn't say what my opinion on that kind of football was.

And I'm saying it doesn't minimise the risk of losing games and its not romanticising football to expect a better quality brand. The logic is flawed in itself as Pardew almost lost his job by playing ultra defensive/rancid football

In theory, and if executed correctly in practice, it does exactly that.

I'm not arsed about the rest. It's a pointless discussion, as I imagine 99.4% of football fans would like to watch attractive, attacking football.

Strange that, I didn't see teams that finished above us all playing like that.  Defensive football isn't the only way to win games, and it doesn't "minimise the risk" of losing games. As we lost f***ing loads last season

And I'm saying it doesn't minimise the risk of losing games and its not romanticising football to expect a better quality brand. The logic is flawed in itself as Pardew almost lost his job by playing ultra defensive/rancid football

In theory, and if executed correctly in practice, it does exactly that.

I'm not arsed about the rest. It's a pointless discussion, as I imagine 99.4% of football fans would like to watch attractive, attacking football.

It's like that song that says,"do you like good music ?"

Guest bimpy474

I see Pardew is making his mouth go again and some still fall for it.  :lol:

He reminds me of Jerzei Balowski from The Young Ones when he tried to sell his car.

Jerzei : Mike do you want to buy a Robin Reliant ?

Mike  : There the cars with the 3 wheels aren't they ?

Jerzei : Usually, yeah er usually.

Guest icemanblue

I just want to know what constitutes 'falling for it'. As far as I'm aware, we won't actually see if his words have any meaning until the season kicks off, right? Or did I miss several pages of congratulations on a Champions League placing in the 13/14 season? :lol:

:thup:

Well thank god for insightful posts like this to keep us all right.

:lol: Look who's talking. I was merely agreeing with Micks observation.

I predict no change.

There will be no change... Pardew is clueless...only knows how to play one way. What you have to ask yourself though is do you prefer him to Joke in ear? It's like he's waiting in the wings to pounce.  I have no doubt in my mind that if Ashley hadn't given Pardew an 8 year contract Joke in ear would be our manager now.

I think we'll find the middle ground between last and the season before personally, assuming same personnel. Still won't be exhilarating but the results will be a bit more forthcoming.

I just want to know what constitutes 'falling for it'. As far as I'm aware, we won't actually see if his words have any meaning until the season kicks off, right? Or did I miss several pages of congratulations on a Champions League placing in the 13/14 season? :lol:

Fa·lling·for·it

/ˌfow'linˈfowa'rit/

Adjective

An inability to regulate your exposure by, before making it past the headline, consigning any quotes to the bin marked 'Mind Control'.

:thup:

Well thank god for insightful posts like this to keep us all right.

:lol: Look who's talking. I was merely agreeing with Micks observation.

It was Mick's post I was mainly referring to.