Alan Pardew

Mike

Then I would argue Laudrup is an astute enough manager tactically and intelligent enough to make the appropriate adaptations and decisions in order to make it effective. Pardew is decidedly less so; thus a massive hinderance to his success in this situation. I don't think anyone will disagree that he is being shafted. However we are emotionally invested and stuck with Ashley, whereas he knew what he was climbing into bed with when he joined. Why? because he's a very limited manager who was given the opportunity to play for a club bigger than he has ever managed.

The problem is he is rubbish and that is compounded by the fact that he has an owner who doesn't care/won't invest sufficiently on business grounds/makes mind-boggling decisions. The fact he is still in a job and a 'professional' such as this tolerated is just one facet of why this club is the endemic clusterfuck that it is. Until everyone who is now part of the club hierarchy and players who don't want to be here are gone and replaced by people who have hunger and ambition then we'll be finger pointing until the cows come home. Ashley ultimately is responsible for the lot of course; beyond that it's tricky but Pardew is high up imo.

Put Laudrup in front of the Stoke squad and you are sure you wouldn't once think "hang in, this manager would do better if he was allowed to identify his own transfer targets"..?

100% agree with the rest of hour post. Once again, I am not defending Pardew, just arguing that he is being hung out to dry, which doesn't help an already limited manager, and merely replacing him (with one of the likely candidates) is unlikely to see us reach our potential. Our problems run much deeper.

He's not being hung out to dry though. He's performing the role to the exact specifications he was given when he was offered the job.

That is the cynical theory where Ashley is just deliberately bleeding us dry. I sometimes adhere to that theory, but mostly I feel he is just utterly clueless, which is hardly better.

I find it insane that people think that our serial failure would do better if he could buy his own players, it hasn't really helped him in the past.

It's as if some people have never heard of Pardew before he came here.

You find it insane to suggest Pardew "would do better" (your words) if he could buy his own players, really? Last summer he asked for a full back and got a dimunitive defensive midfield player unsuited to his preferred style of play and who he clearly still doesn't rate or trust. This summer he has asked for Premiership experience and has mentioned specific names: Carroll, Bent and Downing. All players who were available and have transfered from one club to another. The Bent saga specifically suggest we were never seriously in for him. The club is deliberately ignoring his requests and going for what they perceive as bargains regardless of position and fit to the manager's style of play. Under these conditions, how can you be surprised the manager fails? If it was the other way around, i.e. we had Laudrup as manager but only bought Stoke type players, I'm pretty certain you would see the point I'm trying to make..

He's got his fullback in January and he's made him into one of the worst full backs in the premier league.

The facts just don't bear it out sadly the man is full of shit.

I find it insane that people think that our serial failure would do better if he could buy his own players, it hasn't really helped him in the past.

It's as if some people have never heard of Pardew before he came here.

You find it insane to suggest Pardew "would do better" (your words) if he could buy his own players, really? Last summer he asked for a full back and got a dimunitive defensive midfield player unsuited to his preferred style of play and who he clearly still doesn't rate or trust. This summer he has asked for Premiership experience and has mentioned specific names: Carroll, Bent and Downing. All players who were available and have transfered from one club to another. The Bent saga specifically suggest we were never seriously in for him. The club is deliberately ignoring his requests and going for what they perceive as bargains regardless of position and fit to the manager's style of play. Under these conditions, how can you be surprised the manager fails? If it was the other way around, i.e. we had Laudrup as manager but only bought Stoke type players, I'm pretty certain you would see the point I'm trying to make..

He's got his fullback in January and he's made him into one of the worst full backs in the premier league.

The facts just don't bear it out sadly the man is full of shit.

Gabriel Obertan

And to those saying we have a poor/overrated team lets have a look at a potential first team:

Krul

Debuchy        Colo          Mbiwa          Santon

Anita

Cabaye      Moussa

Ben Arfa                                            Remy

Cisse

Subs:

Elliot

Taylor

Dummett

Tiote

Marveux

Gouffran

Jonas.

That's a top 10 team at the very worse.

I can't take anything he says on transfers seriously because he has absolutely zero say in what happens. I'm already expecting the "well it's difficult to get players over the line and we have a strong squad as it is". He's already been peddling the line about having to make do and life is tough sometimes. Just constant tedious waffle.

Guessing there isn't a line to dissect in this interview to slate him for and since it's positive it's ‘blah blah blah’. If he's negative, it's an excuse, if he's positive he's talking shit. Just ignore his quotes in the press if you’re just going to slate them everyday.

Guessing there isn't a line to dissect in this interview to slate him for and since it's positive it's ‘blah blah blah’. If he's negative, it's an excuse, if he's positive he's talking s***. Just ignore his quotes in the press if you’re just going to slate them everyday.

Alreet pardew slurpa...we all know whose windows you lick.

Guessing there isn't a line to dissect in this interview to slate him for and since it's positive it's ‘blah blah blah’. If he's negative, it's an excuse, if he's positive he's talking s***. Just ignore his quotes in the press if you’re just going to slate them everyday.

On the contrary Brett.

Words are hollow without actions after them.

Proof is in the pudding and if the window slams shut with no incomings then I'll cast my judgement on Pardews words

He's saying anything can happen one out two in or two out three in or none out none in...ie moveable feast. They are holding out for last minute deals with discounts hoping other clubs blink first...That's my reading of it anyway. I think we'll get one in striker/forward type..

On the contrary Brett.

Proof is in the pudding and if the window slams shut with no incomings then I'll cast my judgement on Pardews words

You are not allowed to question the great pardew, you must obey.

Window licker because i don't come on here and slate our manager and players? Sorry for getting behind them especially a day before the first home game of the season.

Window licker because i don't come on here and slate our manager and players? Sorry for getting behind them especially a day before the first home game of the season.

Like any of the jibber jabber on here is going to destabilize the team on saturday.  Im going to get tickets for morrow or am I not allowed cos i moaned on a football forum?

Sorry but that's bollox. You're casting yourself as some sooperfan who, alone set against a tribe of trolls, will cheer the lads on. Come matchday, everyone wants a win. Period.

Your patter though is about endorsing the utterly shite way in which we're run as club. And you're getting pulled up on it.

On the contrary Brett.

You are not allowed to question the great pardew, you must obey.

Never once said you can't question him, i've said many times myself on here i do doubt him, but he's been given one more chance by Ashley so i'll back him. I wasn't calling for him to be sacked because i wouldn't trust Ashley to appoint anyone to make us any happier. I just don't see the point in waiting every day for a press release with Pardew quotes to then go through line by line to see which line he has slipped up on and if it's a perfectly sensible viewpoint just dismiss it and wait for his next quotes to appear. Now the season has started rather everyone just got behind the team and pulled in the same direction to get us the highest possible finish starting with getting 3 points tomorrow and creating a positive atmosphere.

Guest Roger Kint

To be fair to Brett the way a lot go on here they would be gutted if we started winning as they enjoy being miserable whinging pricks too much  :fishing: