Alan Pardew

Mike

Can people not just look forward to West Ham and get behind them for a result, it's 2 days away yet we are still looking back at Monday ripping our side to shreds, negative 4 GD, bottom of the league, forget it, its over and done with, move on to the next game to see how we bounce back against more appropriate opposition levels.

:lol: f***ing hell man.

Saying judge us against West Ham Saturday evening, not Man City away? What's the f***ing hell man for? I would say that's a sensible thing to do? No? just me?

The wording is catastrophic man. West Ham weren't near us a few years ago.

People on here have tipped us to finish below West Ham? I'm saying we will finish above them? We can't compete with City, but we can compete with West Ham, it's that simple. Why judge our season on one game away to City, tearing us apart straight away, shocking man, f***ing one game in which we spent 45 minutes with 10 men against arguably the best side in the league.

Christ on a bike Brett, it wasn't the defeat that is worrying/pissing people off, it was the manner of the defeat man, is that really hard to grasp?  We looked dead and buried as soon as the whistle blew, that is the reason for the concern.  I don't want to look through the fixture list going "ahh these are top 4, we are going to get stuffed here, nevermind, we play a team in 17th next week, hurray"  If you can't understand that, then you are suffering at least 4 of the 7 major retardations.

Basically it was 45 minutes, Taylor killed the second half for us and made it a far greater challenge for his team mates. I don’t want to get into a great discussion. I’ve made my point, if we get beat off the top 4 away and get mauled off each one, I really couldn’t care less as long as we win the majority of our home games starting off on Saturday against West Ham and I’m right behind them to do so. If you lot want to concentrate on last season or still look back to Monday nights match, that’s entirely your decision, I on the other can’t wait for Saturday and have already forgotten and moved on from Monday and glad that game is over and done with.

Should be interesting to see the reaction after west ham. At the best we will somehow find a win (maybe wham dont turn up, lucky early red card like againt wigan last season) and that'll be enough for some, or play dreadful and lose like we did most of last season. No gameplan, no movement, no cutting edge, silly mistakes, lack of concentration, lack of confidence, nothing off the bench, outfought and totally outplayed.

Should be interesting to see the reaction after west ham. At the best we will somehow find a win (maybe wham dont turn up, lucky early red card like againt wigan last season) and that'll be enough for some, or play dreadful and lose like we did most of last season. No gameplan, no movement, no cutting edge, silly mistakes, lack of concentration, lack of confidence, nothing off the bench, outfought and totally outplayed.

Wow. That's put me on a downer.

Don't know why you bother then with that attitude.

Can people not just look forward to West Ham and get behind them for a result, it's 2 days away yet we are still looking back at Monday ripping our side to shreds, negative 4 GD, bottom of the league, forget it, its over and done with, move on to the next game to see how we bounce back against more appropriate opposition levels.

Saying judge us against West Ham Saturday evening, not Man City away? What's the f***ing hell man for? I would say that's a sensible thing to do? No? just me?

People on here have tipped us to finish below West Ham? I'm saying we will finish above them? We can't compete with City, but we can compete with West Ham, it's that simple. Why judge our season on one game away to City, tearing us apart straight away, shocking man, f***ing one game in which we spent 45 minutes with 10 men against arguably the best side in the league.

Christ on a bike Brett, it wasn't the defeat that is worrying/pissing people off, it was the manner of the defeat man, is that really hard to grasp?  We looked dead and buried as soon as the whistle blew, that is the reason for the concern.  I don't want to look through the fixture list going "ahh these are top 4, we are going to get stuffed here, nevermind, we play a team in 17th next week, hurray"  If you can't understand that, then you are suffering at least 4 of the 7 major retardations.

Basically it was 45 minutes, Taylor killed the second half for us and made it a far greater challenge for his team mates. I don’t want to get into a great discussion. I’ve made my point, if we get beat off the top 4 away and get mauled off each one, I really couldn’t care less as long as we win the majority of our home games starting off on Saturday against West Ham and I’m right behind them to do so. If you lot want to concentrate on last season or still look back to Monday nights match, that’s entirely your decision, I on the other can’t wait for Saturday and have already forgotten and moved on from Monday and glad that game is over and done with.

Christ on a bike, just because Taylor got sent off it doesn't mean we automatically would've gotten back into the game in the second half. We can't say we were only rubbish for 45 minutes because we only had 11 for 45 minutes :lol:

You've made your point, you don't use any logic or evidence to support your thinking on the way something's going to go.

If we win it won't be a great win, it probably won't even be deserved, it will be tight and down to poor play or mistakes by wham. We aren't going to turn on some style or be organised not when we haven't done that now for over a year. Any kind of win might be enough to start the ball rolling and lift a few heads but even if it does its papering over the cracks and it'll only take a better organised team playing with confidence to see through it and put us right back where the team belongs under the current manager.

Guest reefatoon

Absolutely clueless.

I understand, and at the same time don't understand, this criticism of fans for 'accepting' our status.

Everyone knows we are a big club with bags of potential... but there are many of those around. And we bring in quite a lot of revenue, but we also have loads of debt and make mostly significant losses. Add to that, the top clubs in the PL have very significantly more money to spend, either because they are global brands with long records of success or because they have taken a shortcut by being owned by someone with infinite wealth.

For me it's not about expectations, it is what it is. We should aim to catch up with Man Utd, of course we should. But unless someone is going to spend hundreds of millions of their own money, it will take decades of steady progress.

Whether you think we're capable of that progress or not is a different debate, but I don't think 'accepting our status' or 'small-time' thinking are really that valid arguments.

For a person who accused ME of talking bollocks, you really do live in a very large Glass house, don't you ?

You should be aware what people in glass houses should avoid.....

If we win it won't be a great win, it probably won't even be deserved, it will be tight and down to poor play or mistakes by wham. We aren't going to turn on some style or be organised not when we haven't done that now for over a year. Any kind of win might be enough to start the ball rolling and lift a few heads but even if it does its papering over the cracks and it'll only take a better organised team playing with confidence to see through it and put us right back where the team belongs under the current manager.

I think at this point we just need a win to get the ball rolling in the right direction. One of our biggest problems is confidence.

I understand, and at the same time don't understand, this criticism of fans for 'accepting' our status.

Everyone knows we are a big club with bags of potential... but there are many of those around. And we bring in quite a lot of revenue, but we also have loads of debt and make mostly significant losses. Add to that, the top clubs in the PL have very significantly more money to spend, either because they are global brands with long records of success or because they have taken a shortcut by being owned by someone with infinite wealth.

For me it's not about expectations, it is what it is. We should aim to catch up with Man Utd, of course we should. But unless someone is going to spend hundreds of millions of their own money, it will take decades of steady progress.

Whether you think we're capable of that progress or not is a different debate, but I don't think 'accepting our status' or 'small-time' thinking are really that valid arguments.

For a person who accused ME of talking bollocks, you really do live in a very large Glass house, don't you ?

You should be aware what people in glass houses should avoid.....

:rolleyes:

I think at this point we just need a win to get the ball rolling in the right direction. One of our biggest problems is confidence.

Yeah.

I predicted a win in the match thread, it'll be like I describe if so. I just don't want to think what a loss will do to us, I doubt there would be any way back for Pardew in the fans and players eyes then you've just got him fighting the inevitable while we lose chances of points another manager could be having a go at.

It's massive the wham game, lose it and he limps on for a while then we are in a world of trouble, if he loses and he's sacked immediately then it was worth it.

Christ on a bike, just because Taylor got sent off it doesn't mean we automatically would've gotten back into the game in the second half. We can't say we were only rubbish for 45 minutes because we only had 11 for 45 minutes :lol:

You've made your point, you don't use any logic or evidence to support your thinking on the way something's going to go.

My evidence is Ben Arfa glided past players like they weren't even there and they were top players. He's playing against average defenders on Saturday, will be fired up for first home game of the season, Pardew will field a more offensive line up and i fancy us to take the game to West Ham and come out with 3 points. If we don't take 3 points, i'll accept all the criticism you fire at Pardew and the players. However 3 points is what I think we will bag.

Wew.

My evidence is Ben Arfa glided past players like they weren't even there and they were top players. He's playing against average defenders on Saturday, will be fired up for first home game of the season, Pardew will field a more offensive line up and i fancy us to take the game to West Ham and come out with 3 points. If we don't take 3 points, i'll accept all the criticism you fire at Pardew and the players. However 3 points is what I think we will bag.

Tbh i was referring to your pre season posts about completely disregarding last seasons performances. I'm not sure a win against West Ham this weekend is going to make our season, even if it does happen. Just noticed the bolded bit, ridiculous.

Wew.

???

Wew.

???

Confidence is one of our biggest problems, really?

Wew.

???

Confidence is one of our biggest problems, really?

Yes, I think so. One of. We saw in the season before last how getting on a positive run helps everyone play above themselves. Now we have the opposite.

Confidence is on the floor, not just with the players but the manager and the fans as well. So yes it's a big problem.

It's solved in one easy move, sack Pardew since its him who has brought everyone down with his negative talk, shit football and excuses for the last year.

I think confidence is a major issue as well to be honest. On Saturday it looked like a lot of the players had no belief that what they were trying to was going to work. To me it looked like they had already decided they were going to lose before the game started.

I was basically meaning this season will bigger indication of where we are at as side. Man city away, anything would have been a bonus, we got the expected tanking, but now two home games back to back, get a win against West Ham and kick on from there, i said pre-season if we get 6 points from our first 3 games, that would be a great start and once confidence is built we could really kick on. I haven't changed my opinion after the shambles of Man City because i know they will rip a lot of teams open and we aren't the only ones who will be crucified down there. West Ham/Fulham is where our true fate lies and is a bigger indication of how our season will pan out. I don't see what is entirely wrong with that tbh. Apart from the fact i have faith in the players on the pitch on Saturday to get those 3 points for us. With a fit confident Ben Arfa on our side, anything is possible.