Alan Pardew

Mike

Guest bimpy474

Worst defence last season in the league, 2nd worst this season so far.  Small victories etc.

Reading let in more last season i think.

Pardew steers the blame towards poor individual defending, talking about making a couple of changes for the next game etc.

But they look totally fucking disorganised and badly drilled as a unit, and have done in so many games now, which clearly points to some pretty shameful coaching.

Guest neesy111

Worst defence last season in the league, 2nd worst this season so far.  Small victories etc.

Reading let in more last season i think.

:okay:

Pardew steers the blame towards poor individual defending, talking about making a couple of changes for the next game etc.

But they look totally f***ing disorganised and badly drilled as a unit, and have done in so many games now, which clearly points to some pretty shameful coaching.

And hasn't he said in the past it's his job to work with the defence?

Guest bimpy474

But they look totally f***ing disorganised and badly drilled as a unit, and have done in so many games now, which clearly points to some pretty shameful coaching.

And hasn't he said in the past it's his job to work with the defence?

And our defending has been terrible for over a year. :lol:

You're right, it might be individual errors in the end of the move that costs us but it's the team as a whole that puts us in that position.  I asked last season what the hell we did at training and I ask myself the same question this season.  I don't see anything that I can look at and think we've worked on it.

3 holding players in midfield and we got torn a new arsehole in 30 mins. I wouldn't mind him not knowing how to set us up defensively if he was good at the attacking side of the game but who ever heard of a top flight manager who's shit at both?!

3 holding players in midfield and we got torn a new arsehole in 30 mins. I wouldn't mind him not knowing how to set us up defensively if he was good at the attacking side of the game but who ever heard of a top flight manager who's s*** at both?!

Di Canio?

Oh wait  :mike:

Guest bimpy474

3 holding players in midfield and we got torn a new arsehole in 30 mins. I wouldn't mind him not knowing how to set us up defensively if he was good at the attacking side of the game but who ever heard of a top flight manager who's shit at both?!

You can have 2, 3 ,4 ,5 holding players but if you dont press a passing team, sit back and let them play you will get murdered, just like we did.

Guest icemanblue

Two. You're more than welcome to have your go, but please don't pretend Sissoko was anywhere near our defence to any prolonged period of that half.

Sounds like he'll be going back to basics for the next game. Fine by me, he can't coach us into an attacking style of football. Look to keep it tight against Cardiff and pick them out on the break with our pace. Remy and Ben Arfa either side of Cisse/Gouffran, please.

He's an ex CH though, that's the thing. If he can't organise his back 4 then he simply shouldn't be in the profession. 

Sounds like he'll be going back to basics for the next game. Fine by me, he can't coach us into an attacking style of football. Look to keep it tight against Cardiff and pick them out on the break with our pace. Remy and Ben Arfa either side of Cisse/Gouffran, please.

He's an ex CH though, that's the thing. If he can't organise his back 4 then he simply shouldn't be in the profession. 

DM.

Guest bimpy474

He played mostly CM throughout his playing career, not CH like.

He has shown he can organise a back four, just not when we have 2 wing backs. He's just not a good enough coach - nor are our players good enough, in my opinion - to successfully construct an attacking team.

Neville may have had a point tonight, mind. He said Pardew had talked about sitting deeper, like we were against Villa, yet the players seemed to play in the opposite fashion. May well be a sign that he has no control.

He played mostly CM throughout his playing career, not CH like.

Could have sworn he was a CH. Apparently not though, my mistake. :thup:

We have no shape at the back and part of the reason is that we're expecting both fullbacks to defend and act as wingers.  It leaves us so short at the back because our midfielders don't cover them, we're clueless.

Guest bimpy474

We have no shape, at the back and part of the reason is that we're expecting both fullbacks to defend and act as wingers.  It leaves us so short at the back because our midfielders don't cover them, we're clueless.

Yep, two holding players and we still had neither sitting in front. Something that has been said so many times by me and others it's ridiculous. This is purely a poor managers tactical ineptitude at it's finest..