Alan Pardew

Mike

Guest hatem garrincha

He needs to go now to shuffle a new dynamic into the squad and players spirit.

And he's so atrocious at football.

Wonder how much those 2 goals in the second half yesterday will cost us long term. If we had played like we did in the first half, I for one would have been convinced Pardew would be gone by now. If we get beat off Cardiff though pressure could mount severly.

I never want us to lose, never, despite the situation but at least losing on the weekend won't be a slit your wrists time I think.

Can't see him ever offering to resign unless he's seriously bullied out of the job.  The stand-off will continue unless we're starting to look really doomed, which isn't the case at all at the minute but there are some very tough fixtures coming up.  I really just want us to pick up some points personally as it will start getting a bit worrying soon if the players' heads drop even further than they have done.

we have surely reached the tipping point with him now?  like afar says no-one wants us to lose but there's a point with every failing manager where not losing just prolongs things longer than necessary

bruce was a good example with the mackems, he kept scraping draws that just managed to get him to the next week but in their heart of hearts everyone knew he had to go because progress was simply not going to happen - this is where we are now with pardew, most of us acknowledge that he's shot his load and we're just limping along now until the inevitable

fwiw i think cardiff will beat us but if they do i can only hope this is the fatal blow for him

Albeit only 6 games in, we are playing worse than last season (actually and statistically) and currently sit in 16th, where we finished last season, with no Europa or extra games in the summer as an excuse.

Stats:

Average Goals Scored Per Game: 

2011/2012  1.47

2012/2013  1.18

2013/2014  1.17

Average Goals Conceded Per Game:

2011/2012  1.34

2012/2013  1.79

2013/2014  1.83  (at this rate nearly 70 goals over a season!)

All the stats are going in the wrong direction.  Surely its only a matter of time.

we have surely reached the tipping point with him now?  like afar says no-one wants us to lose but there's a point with every failing manager where not losing just prolongs things longer than necessary

bruce was a good example with the mackems, he kept scraping draws that just managed to get him to the next week but in their heart of hearts everyone knew he had to go because progress was simply not going to happen - this is where we are now with pardew, most of us acknowledge that he's shot his load and we're just limping along now until the inevitable

fwiw i think cardiff will beat us but if they do i can only hope this is the fatal blow for him

Bang on. The worry is what follows. As most sensible Mackems would testify, keeping Bruce wouldn't probably served them better. They're about to be 3 managers and £xxxm further down the line and they've got fuck all to show for it.

If you're MA, you have to be sure you're making the right call. Getting rid of PR Savvy AP and bringing in a new guy. The risks are fairly significant that you could be facing relegation which is the only thing we do know his view on.

We're not really going to be in big trouble if we're roughly averaging just over a point a game which probably isn't beyond him, although the next 5 or 6 games will make it difficult.  And being in big trouble seems to be the only thing that will get us rid of him, meandering along in midtable is fine.

We're not really going to be in big trouble if we're roughly averaging just over a point a game which probably isn't beyond him, although the next 5 or 6 games will make it difficult. And being in big trouble seems to be the only thing that will get us rid of him, meandering along in midtable is fine.

the problem with pardew last season was how he reacted to a run like he's about to face now - we've lost 2 on the bounce awfully, if we lose again and then head into that run of games i think he'll crumble again, that was one of my biggest problems with him last season, he just folded and cried about new players

well he won't fucking get any now so even if we've got 10 points by the time we play norwich that's only a quarter of what we need and he'll have to dig us out of what will almost certainly be a long run of poor results

Agreed, that's why I'm hoping we're not about to enter one of those patches and will pull out the odd surprise result.  Because the alternative is getting to the Norwich game, hoping you can turn form around and before you know it you're at Christmas/New Year still hovering around the bottom.  If Ashley was predictable enough for me to know Pardew would be sacked after another couple of losses (and a good option brought in as his successor) then I'd perhaps have mixed feelings, but as it stands my main concern is that we plod along and avoid the ignominy of another relegation.

Such is the current state of the club I doubt whether we`d gain any tangible benefits from sacking him. He`s desperately "short of the mark" as a manager at this level but Ashleys recruitment record suggests we`d probably take another two steps backward should he give him the boot.

Ashleys NUFC`s prime function is to appease the accountants & has no real aspirations to achieve silverware, this is on record. As a consequence, we get the food we need to survive & anymore is a waste - The appointment of JFK to oversee the summers "underspend" is, I believe, testament to this. Sacking Partridge makes sense in footballing terms, but the odds are we`ll not go down & as long as he continue`s to provide premiership football we will operate as an insipid pale shadow of the club we were a decade or so ago.

The fans remain both the problem & the solution in this scenario in that the will for change is there but the militancy required to bring about a change is not (Generally speaking).

I didn't enjoy any of last night, I used to, even when we got beat it was usually a close affair, but its just fucking soul destroying at that moment.

& it only Tuesday

The problem is that there are more tough fixtures now than ever.  It used to be the case that there would only be 3 or 4 games that you'd subconsciously write off and hope for the best, the rest of them you'd assume you'd have a good/average/fair chance of a result of some sort.

Now you've got 7 sides that are excellent/good (Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool, Everton) which is over a third of your fixtures straight away, then you've got a number of really decent sides that can turn anyone over on their day such as Swansea, Southampton, West Brom, Norwich, Villa, etc.  That's why you really need to be winning home games against the likes of Hull and West Ham, there aren't as many 'easy' fixtures later on to get yourself out of the shit.  On the other hand, I can see the points required to stay up decreasing the more that that top 7 gets better and pulls away from the rest.

A lot of people predicted a season like we're having, a couple of good results following by a couple of bad ones. No real consistency, but not sure if it will be bad enough to get Pardew sacked. Who knows what Ashley is thinking obviously.

Without meaning to be pedantic we've only really had 1 good win and that was away to Villa. That was also their 3rd league loss on the bounce so perhaps they were suffering a bit.

I would have expected us to get a result against Fulham. Don't know if you thought we would. They are currently 3rd from bottom so not proving much kop this season.

Villa away was the only decent performance so far from us. That's 1 in 8.

A lot of people predicted a season like we're having, a couple of good results following by a couple of bad ones. No real consistency, but not sure if it will be bad enough to get Pardew sacked. Who knows what Ashley is thinking obviously.

Without meaning to be pedantic we've only really had 1 good win and that was away to Villa. That was also their 3rd league loss on the bounce so perhaps they were suffering a bit.

I would have expected us to get a result against Fulham. Don't know if you thought we would. They are currently 3rd from bottom so not proving much kop this season.

Villa away was the only decent performance so far from us. That's 1 in 8.

my response to ian's post was going to be that come norwich we might have < 12 points from what, 12 games (?) and have to dig ourselves out of a rut - which pardew has shown last season he can't do

unless ashley wasn't watching last season he should can him if that's our points return at that stage

Guest Slippery Sam

We've been appalling so far this season, no other way to put it.

What I would like to ask those who see NUFC on a regular basis, is this:  Has the team improved one iota since Pardew replaced Hughton?

This rumour that he has offered to quit.... why not just do it instead of asking your boss?

Not giving that rumour any credence but it might be that he suffers a financal penalty by resigning.

The problem is that there are more tough fixtures now than ever.  It used to be the case that there would only be 3 or 4 games that you'd subconsciously write off and hope for the best, the rest of them you'd assume you'd have a good/average/fair chance of a result of some sort.

Now you've got 7 sides that are excellent/good (Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool, Everton) which is over a third of your fixtures straight away, then you've got a number of really decent sides that can turn anyone over on their day such as Swansea, Southampton, West Brom, Norwich, Villa, etc.  That's why you really need to be winning home games against the likes of Hull and West Ham, there aren't as many 'easy' fixtures later on to get yourself out of the shit.  On the other hand, I can see the points required to stay up decreasing the more that that top 7 gets better and pulls away from the rest.

I think that's an important point. There used to be as few bankers for wins a while back, but other than Crystal Palace you are struggling to find them now. Norwich, Southampton and Swansea probably aren't man for man better than us in terms of squad depth, but they are led by better managers. Hughton's under pressure from their home fans but his teams are far better organised than ours...and he's a very mediocre manager in the first place. As for Pochettino, he'll wipe the floor with Pardew.

The fact he now has pundits on tv like last night being utterly baffled about how poor we are defensively, picking apart basic stuff like team shape and how it was the opposite to what Pardew had said pre-match etc. I think that will start to help sway those that haven't figured out for themselves yet that he is a poor manager.