Alan Pardew

Mike

Jagielka & Distin would walk into our team. Coleman is better than Debuchy on form.

You could definitely make a case for one of Distin/Jagielka alongside one of MYM/Colo for partnership reasons. Wouldn't have both ; I think our defensive problems are more organisational than quality related. Debuchy has been scapegoated a fair bit recently, but Coleman had a great game against us so you're possibly right on that one at the moment.

Guest Haris Vuckic

He set us up perfectly today - possibly reciting an anti-thesis to the last time Liverpool visited.

Although it wont reflect in the score.

Guest bimpy474

The only slight moan would be our set piece defending which was awful. Not sure that's his fault either. Set the team up very well.

The only slight moan would be our set piece defending which was awful. Not sure that's his fault either. Set the team up very well.

Would agree with this. Good performance the whole game even a man down, instead of just for the odd 20-30 minutes here and there we expect under Pardew.

Guest Haris Vuckic

He should be proud of what the players did for him today.  All giving out 100%.

You've got to have real faith in somebody to bust a gut like that. Looks like he's winning some of that back.

Well done to him today, from the start you could see there was a very deliberate (and correct) gameplan in place and, most importantly, the players understood it.

This credit to him for today.

He got everything right for me, for the first time in awhile we looked like a team.

Guest bimpy474

He should be proud of what the players did for him today.  All giving out 100%.

You've got to have real faith in somebody to bust a gut like that. Looks like he's winning some of that back.

Fair point like.

I was thinking during the 2nd half...

*Pardew probably gets his jollies off to full on defensive football with a man down, gets to have so much defensive football and hoof clearances*

Whatever he drilled today, before the sending off, bringing Dummett on, whatever - he deserves praise, the boys went out and fought for the club and him.

Guest bimpy474

Would agree with this. Good performance the whole game even a man down, instead of just for the odd 20-30 minutes here and there we expect under Pardew.

I know the last 50 minutes was defending mainly but it was a 90 minute performance.

did think whoa don't take off Cabaye but he must have been struggling. Fair play got the tactics spot on first half and we were the better team. Then maybe it was just the going down to 10 men that pulled the team together to hang on 2nd half and made them all fight for the cause but I'll give him credit for that too.