Alan Pardew

Mike

Today was 100% proof, if it was ever needed, that this c*** can't do the most important and basic functions of his job: to motivate the players.

The players were far more motivated against Liverpool than today. If thinking about the "Why?", there's only one logical answer - it's because the players motivated themselves against Liverpool and Pardew had nothing to do with it. Just like our players have frequently upped their game against the "big boys" over the past decade no matter who the manager was (Souness, Roeder, Allardyce, JFK, etc etc). We've had teams who have been hopeless and unable to string a couple of passes together against crap like Derby, Boro, Bolton, and other relegation fodder, but as soon as the likes of ManU roll into town the same helpless team is instantly transformed into a side that can compete against the best for 60-70 minutes at least. Again, that's entirely because the players motivate themselves for whatever reasons, and nothing to do with the manager. It's not trying to deny Pardew credit, it's just obvious footballing basics here - it's minnows vs the top dogs in the FA Cup and the various aspects of sports psychology that affects that type of game.

Hence, the fact that Pardew couldn't motivate his players against the this lot, knowing what this game means to the fans, the area, etc, proves that he has absolutely no motivational skills worthy of calling himself a Premiership football manager. None whatsoever. If they were anything like as motivated as they were against Liverpool we'd have dominated the mackems and run them into the ground. One whole week uninterrupted to prepare for this game, knowing full well Poyet would use this game as a litmus test of sorts and get his players motivated by telling them this was the start of their season, and yet this is the kind of s*** we get - 11 strangers thrown onto the pitch without any clue as to what they're meant to be doing or how we're meant to actually go about getting a goal, and worst of all most of them looking stunned and totally unprepared for this battle.

It is not motivation. It is preparation.

George Caulkin ‏@CaulkinTheTimes 31s

Absolutely disgraceful. Two local journalists prevented from asking questions to Alan Pardew.

Caulkin will no doubt be defending Pardew in his next piece, though.

The Media does tend to fall over itself to defend him.

Fuck we could have had Rudi Garcia or Benitez this summer  :weep:

Guest bimpy474

Today was 100% proof, if it was ever needed, that this c*** can't do the most important and basic functions of his job: to motivate the players.

The players were far more motivated against Liverpool than today. If thinking about the "Why?", there's only one logical answer - it's because the players motivated themselves against Liverpool and Pardew had nothing to do with it. Just like our players have frequently upped their game against the "big boys" over the past decade no matter who the manager was (Souness, Roeder, Allardyce, JFK, etc etc). We've had teams who have been hopeless and unable to string a couple of passes together against crap like Derby, Boro, Bolton, and other relegation fodder, but as soon as the likes of ManU roll into town the same helpless team is instantly transformed into a side that can compete against the best for 60-70 minutes at least. Again, that's entirely because the players motivate themselves for whatever reasons, and nothing to do with the manager. It's not trying to deny Pardew credit, it's just obvious footballing basics here - it's minnows vs the top dogs in the FA Cup and the various aspects of sports psychology that affects that type of game.

Hence, the fact that Pardew couldn't motivate his players against the this lot, knowing what this game means to the fans, the area, etc, proves that he has absolutely no motivational skills worthy of calling himself a Premiership football manager. None whatsoever. If they were anything like as motivated as they were against Liverpool we'd have dominated the mackems and run them into the ground. One whole week uninterrupted to prepare for this game, knowing full well Poyet would use this game as a litmus test of sorts and get his players motivated by telling them this was the start of their season, and yet this is the kind of s*** we get - 11 strangers thrown onto the pitch without any clue as to what they're meant to be doing or how we're meant to actually go about getting a goal, and worst of all most of them looking stunned and totally unprepared for this battle.

The motivation is a big part of the preparation isn't it.

"Whats that? Pardew suffers another embarrassing defeat? No comment.. huh huh huh"

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/12/27/article-2253675-168D6B52000005DC-756_468x319.jpg

Is he better than Pardew? Can he implement a structure and coach the team to play it. If so, sign him up now.

With any other owner I'd think cowering from the press, and the inevitable press response, would signal the end. Not so sure with Ashley, but can't help him. Pathetic.

Beyond me how he got them fighting v Liverpool but not today. I get so confused under his reign. How can he motivate them for Liverpool but not the mackems - at that a shit mackem side that are begging for revenge after our recent humiliation.

Some sympathy with his selection, tactical changes, and subs today. We could have won just as easily as we lost.

But forget that, his record in derby's is shameful enough on its own for me now. If I could see it benefiting the team (and sadly I'm still not sure I can), I'd want him out tonight.

You have to create things to win a game.

We didn't create anything for 90 minutes against the worse team in the league.

I agree, I get your point, but we had our best attacking players out there, switching positions, two more strikers coming on, and they created less chances then against any other team so far it seemed. That's not just down to Pardew, they were simply not on their game today (and no, that's not just down to Pardew either).

Whose fault is it then? Ultimately? Is he not the one chiefly responsible for what happens on the pitch?

If the way they are set out isn't an abortion, then the players have to take some of the responsibility.

Did you miss the bit where I stated his record in derby's alone should see him gone?

Some sympathy with his selection, tactical changes, and subs today. We could have won just as easily as we lost.

But forget that, his record in derby's is shameful enough on its own for me now. If I could see it benefiting the team (and sadly I'm still not sure I can), I'd want him out tonight.

You have to create things to win a game.

We didn't create anything for 90 minutes against the worse team in the league.

I agree, I get your point, but we had our best attacking players out there, switching positions, two more strikers coming on, and they created less chances then against any other team so far it seemed. That's not just down to Pardew, they were simply not on their game today (and no, that's not just down to Pardew either).

Whose fault is it then? Ultimately? Is he not the one chiefly responsible for what happens on the pitch?

Our off the ball movement especially has been so poor since Pardew came in.

I'm sure you all see the entire team stop when Ben Arfa has the ball.

Part of me thinks the way we defend leads to our players being knackared when we get the ball.

How many times have you watched us press but it's always in isolation? 1 player presses and the rest of the team drop right off and leave the opposition with a simple pass.

"Whats that? Pardew suffers another embarrassing defeat? No comment.. huh huh huh"

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/12/27/article-2253675-168D6B52000005DC-756_468x319.jpg

Is he better than Pardew? Can he implement a structure and coach the team to play it. If so, sign him up now.

Are you serious?

George Caulkin ‏@CaulkinTheTimes 52s

Evening Chronicle, Journal & Sunday Sun are presently banned from St James' and manager's press conferences. This is allegedly because of..

George Caulkin ‏@CaulkinTheTimes 15s

...Chronicle's coverage of anti-Ashley march. Petty, pathetic and bullying tactics.

This is a joke, right? Are we living in North Korea?

The mackems have matched us in every derby under this man simply by being up for it more from the kick off. Even in his only win, we were grateful to Krul for some splendid saves early on as Sessegnon ran us ragged.

16.6% win ratio against sunderland. Think of that. This is a game that Newcastle United should, and have, taken as granted that we win.

Evening Chronicle, Journal & Sunday Sun are presently banned from St James' and manager's press conferences. This is allegedly because of..

...Chronicle's coverage of anti-Ashley march. Petty, pathetic and bullying tactics.

This is a joke, right? Is this North Korea?

Holy shit. Was their coverage at all scathing of the regime?

I mean the players are not prepared for such a high-tempo pressing because Pardew didn't expect that.  Motivation is another issue. I can see the players are willing to run, just they are lost.

Pardew is good at preparing games which the opponents' play style is easy to predict. That's why we always perform well against team like Man Utd, Arsenal and now Liverpool. Today is a very good example of what he's shit at: if the opponent try sth else, we totally fucked up.

Fucking hell. That's not going to come back and bite the club in the arse at all is it. Idiots. :suicide:

Holy s***. Was their coverage at all scathing of the regime?

Nope they just reported it was happening.

notice how the club doesn't ban the nationals, Bullying cunts.

Wow. Thats not gonna end well. This is obviously because of the increased negative reporting from the EC etc of the Ashley regime since the back end of last season.

Noticeable shift in stance/policy imho.

Holy s***. Was their coverage at all scathing of the regime?

Nope they just reported it was happening.

notice how the club doesn't ban the nationals, Bullying cunts.

:lol: Didn't realise The Telegraph was a NE paper.

Guest bimpy474

I mean the players are not prepared for such a high-tempo pressing because Pardew didn't expect that.  Motivation is another issue. I can see the players are willing to run, just they are lost.

Pardew is good at preparing games which the opponents' play style is easy to predict. That's why we always perform well against team like Man Utd, Arsenal and now Liverpool. Today is a very good example of what he's shit at: if the opponent try sth else, we totally fucked up.

Aye, it's been said a few times on here. Lets see how he does against the shitter teams. We are so up and down it's daft.

I think a new owner solves everything for us. Until it happens we are going to stagnate.